Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

SLI Issues - LM have responded. Help needed.

This is great news! I was just about to sell my 980s on ebay this morning, frustrated that SLI may be a dead-end with P3D.  Glad I saw this post!

I have been using Nvidia 373.06 and P3D 3.3.5 because of the flashing effects and reports of the SLI hotfix breaks. 

Thanks to all for your persistence in getting this the attention required and to LM for listening to it's customers!

Just to chime in.  I'm on 2x 780s and an ol' 3770k cpu.  I had issues, including the flashing and wave problems.  Then I reinstalled everything, including windows, and on all current OS, drivers, and P3D, everything is smoother than it's ever been and without issues.  I say this not to create conflict with those that are having issues, But to offer HOPE that somehow those having issues can resolve them.  And cherry on top, LM IS listening and doing what they can.   Good luck everyone.

Also, all the chatter about Nvidia dropping SLI support is just nonsense.  They are not droppling dual SLI support, not even for their newer cards.  They are dropping the capabilities for more than 2 cards in SLI, and it's not just them.  There is actually little to be gained in 3x SLI or more and the market for it is tiny.  It's a failed experiment, and the direction for development is not longer to explore that path.  Mobo manufacturers are following.  It's not just NVidia, it's also Microsoft.  But dual SLI will still be very much supported, and in fact in 3 different modes, which my feeble busied mind has no clarity to write about now, but shows promise, and is what they actually need to do to reach their goals in VR development.  You'll need SLI in the future for top of the line VR, the demands ... demand it.   So SLI is NOT going away.  Even if XPlane isn't supporting it. (BTW, the new XPlane runs like crap on my old system ... No SLI)

Just to chime in.  I'm on 2x 780s and an ol' 3770k cpu.  I had issues, including the flashing and wave problems.  Then I reinstalled everything, including windows, and on all current OS, drivers, and P3D, everything is smoother than it's ever been and without issues.  I say this not to create conflict with those that are having issues, But to offer HOPE that somehow those having issues can resolve them.  And cherry on top, LM IS listening and doing what they can.   Good luck everyone.

Since the weight of evidence is in favour of this being driver related I am guessing that the 9 and 10 Series drivers are using elements in the driver not being shared with the older 780 cards. Whatever the explanation, it is great to hear you have found your own solution and, as you say, offers hope to others who may find themselves in a similar situation.

Speaking for myself, however, the prospect of feeling forced to reinstall everything is a nightmare I would always wish to avoid. While there have been very rare instances where I have had to restore an image to recover a drive or partition, I have never been faced with having to actually reinstall an operating system nor has it been necessary to start again with Prepar3D since LM introduced the modular method of updating. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that - might be tempting fate..lol!

Thanks very much for posting. I'm sure all our fingers are crossed as we wait to learn what happens next.

Regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

Since the weight of evidence is in favour of this being driver related I am guessing that the 9 and 10 Series drivers are using elements in the driver not being shared with the older 780 cards. Whatever the explanation, it is great to hear you have found your own solution and, as you say, offers hope to others who may find themselves in a similar situation.

I believe I need to qualify the above by drawing attention to Stephen's (SpiritFlyer) post in the Prepar3D V3.4 Hotfix 2 Released v 3.4 ( 19475 ) thread earlier today:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/500061-prepar3d-v34-hotfix-2-released-v-34-19475/page-17#entry3546978

Mike

Might be worth having a look at this?

https://www.youtube....h?v=A91BPapLK38

Hi David,

Interesting video. I don't have a '1000' series card nor am I running Windows 10 - the Luddite in me continues to resist having the latter foisted on me...LOL! Doubtless one day that will change. Meantime the trouble-free Windows 7 64bit continues to reign supreme in our household. So, I will be hoping for continuing 'traditional' 2-way SLI support for the foreseeable rather than any newfangled Linked Display Adapter Implicit (LDA Implicit) innovation. Anyway, it could be some time before we see it being implemented by Gaming Developers. Plenty time left to enjoy current technology which does work pretty well. If it ain't broke...

Kind regards,

Mike

• Upvote 1

Hello,

So, how does the new NVDIA driver work with P3D 3.4 with hotfix 2 in SLI?

Does it resolve the issues?

Kind regards, :hi: 

• Upvote 1

Hi Vincent,

That is disappointing. I suggest you post your experiences with this latest driver on the LM P3D Forum. They are probably aware, but just in case they aren't....

Regards,

Mike

We're still confused here.  NOTHING as changed. There are TWO problems

1) PRE HF2 - later drivers flash, etc. Older drivers work fine. Their latest driver still has the issue.

2) POST HF2 - ALL drivers do not work *BUT*  LM says it's THEIR problem, they've identified and fixed for the next release.

So, no point in posting a bunch of "this driver doesn't work" on LM's forum.  

For PRE HF2  driver issues - post on Nvidia's forum.  For POST HF2 problems, don't bother - it has been fixed but not released yet.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks Vic for the heads up.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Hi Vic,

Yes, thanks for the reminder. I'm blaming short term memory...lol! I guess this is happening simply as a result of having to wait for what seems an inordinate length of time for these fixes and it becomes easy to forget the details of who or what was responsible. If I recall correctly, NVIDIA may have been reluctant to meddle with their drivers in case certain features were broken in other titles. So, LM, believing they can fix it their end, have assumed primary responsibility.

I am still flying V.3.4.9.18400 with the 376.33 driver set which deliver excellent performance under SLI and last night found myself wondering whether a really want to 'risk' yet another update! When it comes I know I probably will, but the temptation is there, nonetheless, to stop where I am right now.

Edit: In the hope of staving off further unnecessary posts on this topic and also about VAS (OOM) issues, I have tried to summarise the present position in a separate post: http://www.avsim.com/topic/502874-sli-and-vas-oom-issues-current-situation/?p=3559849

Regards,

Mike

We're still confused here.  NOTHING as changed. There are TWO problems

1) PRE HF2 - later drivers flash, etc. Older drivers work fine. Their latest driver still has the issue.

2) POST HF2 - ALL drivers do not work *BUT*  LM says it's THEIR problem, they've identified and fixed for the next release.

So, no point in posting a bunch of "this driver doesn't work" on LM's forum.  

For PRE HF2  driver issues - post on Nvidia's forum.  For POST HF2 problems, don't bother - it has been fixed but not released yet.

Vic

Hard to type with my hands holding onto my head after it was bitten off, but here goes:

Still suffering from having lost power effects in New Brunswick Ice storm, still no internet, or phone it is hard to be at MacDonalds all day reading all sites to see what the latest news is from all quarters about the Driver, oh pardon me, LM issue now stands on the SLI issue.

The day one gets knocked silly for posting a question in an appropriate thread is the day I stop visiting here to ask.

Kind regards,