Sign in to follow this  
wrightt80

Should I buy Carenado H850XP for P3D

Hello all,

I am in need of a biz jet and really thinking of buying the Carenado H850XP.  I really wanted the Wilco Falcon 7X but read horrible reviews about it here on avsim.  I understand the systems are not the best on the Hawker but that's ok.  I don't mind if the systems are not modeled 100%.  Is the Hawker still "buggy" as when it first came out?  If I do the GTN 750 Mod will that make it more realistic?   Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No, and if you fit the GTN750 it will be even less realistic

I do not own the GTN750.  If I buy It and do the Mod will the FMS function "better".  I've read the FMS in the Hawker cant be used for long haul flights only Vor to Vor.  Will the GTN750 allow this. 

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

I've flown Carenado Jets - but - this is the plane that's hooked me... I've flown nothing else since purchasing it - I just can't get enough of it...

It's the Flysimware Lear 35A - fully supports the Flight1 GTN and the MilViz/REX Weather Radar... It's by far the BEST business jet I've ever flown... The developer continually fixes bugs and improves his products even years after release - in fact version 2.8 release is imminent - and - you can get it for a great price if you catch one of FSW many 50% off sale - about $18.00 bucks USD is what I paid and I feel like I stole it... If you're looking for a biz jet and don't mind steam gauges - this is what I would buy... Best of luck whatever you decide...

Prepar3D%202016-11-27%2021-25-54_zps6s8f

Regards,

Scott

I do not own the GTN750.  If I buy It and do the Mod will the FMS function "better".  I've read the FMS in the Hawker cant be used for long haul flights only Vor to Vor.  Will the GTN750 allow this. 

Thanks,

Matt

NO, the GTN is instead of the FMS... if you do not already own the GTN750,

I would not suggest going down this route.

It's the Flysimware Lear 35A - fully supports the Flight1 GTN and the MilViz/REX Weather Radar... It's by far the BEST business jet I've ever flown

I have looked at this before and heard great things but honestly I'm just not a fan of Lear Jets. Call me crazy (lol) but I don't have an interest in flying them

NO, the GTN is instead of the FMS... if you do not already own the GTN750,

I would not suggest going down this route.

I had a feeling your were going to say that. I've heard a lot of negative reviews about it. The two biz jet aircraft I have been on the fence about buying the Hawker and the Wilco falcon 7x have just had so much negative things said about them! Disappointing

According to Carenado's web page:

Technical Requirements

Windows XP with SP3 installed, Vista or 7 (32 or 64 bits).

Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX with SP1 and SP2 (or Acceleration Pack) installed or

Lockheed Martin - Prepar3D Flight Simulator v1.4 or v2.0.

So if you're on P3D v3 this plane is at least not officially supported.

Peter

So if you're on P3D v3 this plane is at least not officially supported.

I'm still using P3D V2.5

My two cent .

Flight1 Mustang. Garmin G1000 based navigation.

Eaglesoft Citation X. FMS updatable navigation.

Both have a 30 day money back . Look for the coupon on the Eaglesoft website.