Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

X-Plane PB8 is out

Anyone else with INOP toe brakes?

My Landing light is also stuck in the ON position.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Toe brakes work great for me with CH Pro Pedals.

I had a toe brake issue. Found that x-plane had auto configured another controller (xbox controller) to have brakes assigned.

Long story short: my rudder pedals and xbox controller where both assigned to brakes and therefore were in conflict. I unassigned (could'a unplugged the xbox controller since i only use it for ezca)  the brakes from the xbox controller and all was working again.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Yes, in the new C172. I also get a crash unless I remove all my prefs.

My cycle is this:

1) Remove all prefs

2) Reassign controls

3) Toe brakes don't work in C172

4) Toe brakes work in Stinson L5 (i.e. old aircraft)

5) Quit

6) Restart

7) Old aircraft still working fine

8) New flight with C172 -> CRASH

This has all been reported via crash reporter and bug.  LR has asked for and received my entire prefs folder to try and figure out what's going on.

Left & Right Toe brakes do not work.

If I assign "hold brakes regular" it stops the plane, but this is moving the emergency brake handle.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

No problem here with toe brakes on my Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals in PB8.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Toe brakes working here too on Saitek Pro Combat pedals. 

This is most likely a conflict in your axis assignments (if it's not the pedals themselves, which you can verify by running the Windows game controller calibration to make sure that axis is working). 

Go into your controller settings and make sure you don't have two different analog axis controls assigned to toe brakes, because that's a sure way to make them stop working.

You could also try temporarily moving "X-Plane Joystick Settings.prf" and letting X-Plane create a new one, then assign just your basic flight controls and the toe brakes. That might help diagnose a conflict.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Just to add that I scoured the joystick prefs file for a conflict to rule that out in my case.

The odd thing is that toe breaks work perfectly fine with the Stinson L5 (which is an XP10 aircraft), yet don't work in the new C172 (and I get a crash if I restart the sim and go to the 172 without deleting all prefs first).

So I think there is something more going on.

If anyone else is seeing similar behavior, please file a bug and attach your entire prefs folder as a zip file.