Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

X-Plane PB8 is out

Great idea, thanks will do.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Those are the exact three planes I added to AI section. I know this is a beta but having no way to fix other than delete and start over again is frustrating. 

Good thing about X-Plane is that you don't have to delete everything. In your case deleting the Preferences folder and the running the installer to re download the files missing should do the trick. X-plane is not like other software. It doesn't write anything into the windows registry and it doesn't get corrupt so re-installation is never needed. In case you mess something up with any of the files just delete them and run the installer to re-download the files in question.

You can also drag the whole folder to another drive and it will still work from there which means you can simply backup your entire XP11 folder before updating between beta build and if the latest beta is causing you problems you can use your backup until its fixed. 

• Upvote 1

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

There are still a lot of shortcomings with the trucks, most visibly they clip through stuff all the time - the plan is to add some awareness to buildings/objects/other vehicles in the future.

I don't know how the ground vehicles system works in X-Plane, but given that (as I understand) it must be done on a per-airport basis, shouldn't they follow fixed ground routes? In that case, having routes going around default airport buildings and parking spaces should avoid collisions?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

" Good thing about X-Plane is that you don't have to delete everything. In your case deleting the Preferences folder and the running the installer to re download the files missing should do the trick. X-plane is not like other software. It doesn't write anything into the windows registry and it doesn't get corrupt so installation is never needed. In case you mess something up with any of the files just delete them and run the installer to re-download the files in question.

You can also drag the whole folder to another drive and it will still work from there which means you can simply backup your entire XP11 folder before updating between beta build and if the latest beta is causing you problems you can use your backup until its fixed. "

Yes I do like that about Xplane,,when I re-do win 10 (much too often) Xplane is the only sim that I don't have to fix or re-install. 

• Upvote 1

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Make a backup of the Joystick preferences prf file first. Then delete the preferences folder and see if the sim starts. Then copy the backup file back into the folder and the joystick settings should work again.

Standard procedure before each update. Losing 50 configured keys hurts.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

A gateway airport update, the steam page going live...they are getting ready to do a full release and that's disconcerting given the amount of (obvious) issues not addressed yet. I was hoping they'd at least do something as mundane as fix the sky first.

Ben already mentioned that they are working on it and have a few potential fixes. however he said it was rather complicated and not as easy as it might look like

Updating from B6 to B8 gives me some nav-data error: "no procedures found i cifp folder..."

Worked just fine in B6..

Yup, got the same problem, another forum suggested deleting the Resources/Preferences file contents but no joy. Have you been able to solve this problem ??

I don't know how the ground vehicles system works in X-Plane, but given that (as I understand) it must be done on a per-airport basis, shouldn't they follow fixed ground routes? In that case, having routes going around default airport buildings and parking spaces should avoid collisions?

I've been playing with it a bit in WED, the vehicles essentially aren't aware of their surroundings in scenery when positioning near a parking space.

However, having a Ferrari as a crew car (this is possible)... on one level it's kind of awesome, on the other, it makes you shake your head and wonder why.  I really wish they would added a pickup or a suv instead of the Ferrari, but nothing  is more typical of X-Plane, I guess.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

A Ferrari as a crew car? I guess we know what Austin's next toy will be, if he hasn't bought it already...

:P

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Yup, got the same problem, another forum suggested deleting the Resources/Preferences file contents but no joy. Have you been able to solve this problem ??

Yes. I have something you can try:

Just copy the CIFP-folder to the Custom Data folder. Then it works for me.

EDIT:

You find the CIFP folder in resources/default data

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

A Ferrari as a crew car? I guess we know what Austin's next toy will be, if he hasn't bought it already...

:P

They do follow the routes as set by the designer, but once they get to the aircraft they start to navigate on their own...

• Upvote 1

Nothing about the last two updates on their dev blog except the WED thing, looks like a new update is gonna be released 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Thanks Richard, thsat worked for me.

Just updated and fired up PB8, I'm coming from PB5.

Using my basic scenario of the stock C172 at KSEA, I too got a nice bump in performance!  Very glad to see, as framerate was the main reason I'm still using XP10.51 as my main sim and only tinker with XP11 betas.  It was like my performance simply had a cap around ~25-35 fps.  Now, same spot and settings, I'm hovering around ~50fps.  Much more in line with where I think performance should be.

I'm running an i7-6700K/16GB RAM/1070 GPU.

Performance is now closer to the framerates I'm seeing in XP10.51.

Very pleased to see this!  Also, I too noticed the reflections are much smoother now than they were previously like the other poster mentioned above.

Following up my last post, I've done some more testing back and forth with XP10.51 and XP11PB8, and happy to report so far for the first time the XP11 beta is basically running just as good across the board as XP10, including custom sceneries.  I was getting much lower performance in all previous betas.  Very pleased with the latest results!

Excited to see where things go with XP11.  Now the only thing holding me back is the fantastic LES Saab 340A, desperately awaiting it's update...