Sign in to follow this  
AndreH12

Virtual airlines for a muture pilot

There are plenty, and it all depends on what you expect from a VA.

Platinum Airways is open only to 18 +. We are the Open Skies VA, where you can fly your mission of choice with your aircraft of choice at your time of choice. In addition, we offer suggested missions, such as a Destination of the Week, Military and Vintage Military missions, Cargo missions, a schedule for each of our five (voluntary) hubs (KEWR, KDFW, CYVR, YPPH and EBBR) and much more. We are offline by default, although several of our pilots fly with Vatsim and/or IVAO. We expect a first PIREP within 14 days after joining and at least one PIREP per month thereafter (or request LOA). PIREPs are filed via a webform, because we believe that you should be able to determine how to enjoy your hobby and that you'd be only fooling yourself when claiming excessive flight hours.

RDV, or Royal Dutch Virtual, should suite you.  They follow the real KLM schedule, and are actually recognized by the real airline.

Check out the link in my signature, I am a new RDV pilot (joined earlier in January), but am enjoying it and thought it would be the perfect airline to use my NGX on.  

+1 for RDV

There is also Scandinavian VA, very nice airline where you can fly FSL A320, Majestic Q400 and NGX   :smile:

Everything is there -  real airline schedule, custom acars and dispatch system etc. Both are very profesional, but RDV is way more active, with 100+ flights per day

British Airways Virtual is excellent also. But recently I have gotten into ProjectFly as an alternative to a traditional VA.

I was kind of getting frustrated with some VA's that I could not fly what I want or where I wanted without putting in a couple hundred hours of flight time. With ProjectFly I can enter in aircraft and airlines to my profile and it keeps a map and virtual log book for each aircraft registration along with all the flight details, landing rates etc just with a virtual airline. But you can fly wherever you want and with any airline/ aircraft. I still follow real world flights, but now I can do British Airways, Delta, FedEx etc all under one system.

I really like the detail with ProjectFly where on the map showing your flight route for each flight, it even goes into the detail to display the taxi route you took within the airports.

You could also try http://flyingtigersgroup.org/ if you want to fly a variety of different airlines and aircraft

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, AndreH12 said:

Hello to all just wondering if their are any VA for the older person or over 18?

Thanks

I know several folks flying with https://www.deltava.org/.

Don't judge the website with the quality of the systems.  They are aircraft orientated as opposed to route orientation.  They rate pilots landings on touchdown zone and FPM.  Too soft a landing is as bad as too hard a landing.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

@AndreH12 www.viaintercity.com is a realistic regional and shorthaul virtual airline based in Europe that has been open nearly 5 years and benefits from a mature pilot base; I just did a quick calculation and the mean average member age is 43.3 years and includes several retirees. Reading through the considered attitudes expressed within Intercity's forums is further evidence of the pilot's mature mindsets.

Intercity Airways is ideal for busy working people with families who don't always have much free time:

• it helps people get airborne quickly and gives a varied and interesting interesting experience in under a couple of hours; average scheduled flight duration is just over 90 minutes and the aircraft types flown are very involving with quality simulator representations (PMDG J41, Majestic Q400, Aerosoft/FSLabs A320) so you're not sat in cruise for several hours watching clouds and automation.
  • The bespoke ACARS software (not a reskin, all the code is written and only used by Intercity) has SimBrief integration (that generates operating flight plans), does performance calculations (V speeds etc) and requires minimal input so it helps pilots out rather than getting in the way.
  • Activity requirements are a relaxed 1 flight every 60 days and there's an automated leave system that temporarily exempts you from that activity requirement.
  • All aircraft are useable from the start as new recruits are typical already very experienced.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg