Sign in to follow this  
CaptCWGAllen

Interesting article from an XP11 convert

I've completely made the switch over to XP11.  Although it's basically the same sim with a more "modern" GUI, XP11 is the future and I happen to like the new atmospherics compared to the overly green world of XP10 or the brown world of XP9.

BTW, that cockpit setup is wicked.

I can say the same thing about X-Plane 10,I will not be going back to P3D,even with no 1 click AI,0r ATC. The graphics are just to good,and I have spent zero on add on airports and scenery,thanks to all the great freeware available. All I have purchased are the PMDG DC-6, the Flight Factor B757 V2 Professional, and the X Aviation Saab 340. Hog heaven......

• Upvote 3

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Freeware is a HUGE reason for considering XP 11. There's a new airport released every day.

Today I saw CYZF released. It looks like payware, but it's just another generous donation to the community.

Update: Fixed error

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Freeware is a HUGE reason for considering XP 11. There's a new airport released every day.

Today I saw CYZE released. It looks like payware, but it's just another generous donation to the community.

Where did you see CYZE? Did a quick search at the org, and the net in general, don't see it. It's one of my frequent stops in FSE, would like to see what's being offered.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Ah, ok, that would be a long haul from here in my Navajo. :smile: Thanks for the link, it looks great.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Great article, thanks for posting!  

I wonder how many of us X-Plane converts have a similar story; looking for an alternative or, maybe frustrated with a different platform and decided to give XP a try - and never went back!  That's sure my story, never intended on giving up FSX & P3D as I had spent so much time and $$$ in attempts to make them as life-like as I could.  Tried XP in the past and wasn't impressed so I stayed with FSX, then FSX:SE and finally P3D.  Then XP10 came out and I downloaded the demo and I think I've only went back to P3D once about a week later and had the same feeling; this feels "worn" compared to the XP platform. 

Now with XP11 and XEnviro and the tons of quality freeware, I haven't looked back.  Well, to be honest, recently I considered re-installing FSX:SE because I wanted to try out the TFDi 717 but never actually did because realized I'd probably have to get a larger SSD now that I have expanded my XP with so many add-ons.  Plus, like the article says, I rarely have software problems with XP while in FSX:SE (and P3D to a lessor extent) OOM and CDT happened often enough that it became almost normal.  Indeed frustrating but, I had gotten used to it.  Looking back now, it was kind of insane. :fool:

Loving XP

• Upvote 5

I switched to XP11 99% because of the aircraft reflections and the realistic haze.

The hard horizon from XP10 bothers me too much now after I see what is possible with XP11.

The clouds and water still need a makeover, I think the water looked better in XP10, and the clouds are basically the same under the hood, but way too dark currently.

Actually, I think the clouds are acceptable after playing with some datarefs. I don't know why Laminar leaves them as is - except maybe to tell: hey, it is a beta, this will be improved before final release. xEnviro and SMP make a nice business out of it !

LR is working on 3d water and clouds...

http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/10/developer-blooper-reel-water-world/

Look for Ben's reply to Marco in comments:    http://developer.x-plane.com/2017/01/x-plane-11-0-beta-8-and-bug-updates/     

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

LR is working on 3d water and clouds...

http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/10/developer-blooper-reel-water-world/

Look for Ben's reply to Marco in comments:    http://developer.x-plane.com/2017/01/x-plane-11-0-beta-8-and-bug-updates/     

I know they are working on it, I am hoping it gets implemented before the first release.

Jan

YT subscriber to his channel - good stuff and a great write up - thanks for sharing   :wink:

Hey Rich-

Have you moved over to XP permanently? I don't see your likes all that much over in the P3D forum these days  :smile:

The big issue I have are all the Library files you need, These need to be in one central installer that can be updated.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

The big issue I have are all the Library files you need, These need to be in one central installer that can be updated.

Right that, they are available on the org in one massive file regularly updated.

When using this file, should you first delete all the libraries that have already been installed?

Thanks,

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor