Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

As already mentioned, speed brake arm is the same as any other aircraft ( Shift + / ). We intercept the use of / and Shift+/ when using the normal speed brake range too. Each press of the / key will give you 1/8th movement of spoilers - this makes it very easy to quickly add a notch or two of spoilers in the air without having to move your VC view (unlike every other add-on where pressing / gives you full deflection). 

The FLAPS/THS setting on the TO PERF page in the MCDU is your takeoff flap setting plus the trim setting, based on TO CG (not ZFW CG). The real aircraft doesn't do any of these calculations for you, so you need to do it from a chart. The trim wheel also has a handy guide so you know where to set it - it's only rough, so you can be a couple of points out, it's just for the takeoff roll and climb before the normal flight control laws blend in and the computer takes over trim control. The TO PERF page is more of a reminder than affecting the aircraft (aside from FLEX). 

Thanks Karl  :wink: makes sense and i could not understand why it was essential on the TO PERF page in the MCDU.

But could you show me on a keyboard the combo for the speedbrakes (spoiler arm and speedbrake use) . All these / ' + is a little confusing on my keyboard  :wink: (all though they apparently work with my T7/NGX ?? :wub: )

Really apreciated  :smile:

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks Karl  :wink: makes sense and i could not understand why it was essential on the TO PERF page in the MCDU.

But could you show me on a keyboard the combo for the speedbrakes (spoiler arm and speedbrake use) . All these / ' + is a little confusing on my keyboard  :wink: (all though they apparently work with my T7/NGX ?? :wub: )

Really apreciated  :smile:

Thanks

Michael Moe

On my keyboard at least, along the bottom row of letters, you'll have ( "V" - "B" - "N" - "M" - "," - "." - "/" - "Shift"). Those last two are the most important. You have the slash key "/", and then a "Shift" key.

The slash key normally just applies full speed brakes in other aircraft (like the NGX/T7), but we've make it more controllable in the A320X, so each press of "/" key provides an increment more of speed brakes (not just an on/off deal). To reduce speed brake deployment, you need to press "Shift" and "/" together (hence Shift + /). If the speedbrakes are fully retracted, then a further press of Shift+/ will arm the speedbrakes (the same as the NGX and T7), and the animation will show the you've lifted the speed brake lever to reveal the white band, and you'll get the SPEED BRK ARMED on E/WD.

Imagine that pressing "Shift+/" and "/" is moving a selector up and down a list of positions (where "DOWN" is the default position):

ARMED

DOWN

1/8

2/8

3/8

4/8

5/8

6/8

7/8

UP

On my keyboard at least, along the bottom row of letters, you'll have ( "V" - "B" - "N" - "M" - "," - "." - "/" - "Shift"). Those last two are the most important. You have the slash key "/", and then a "Shift" key.

The slash key normally just applies full speed brakes in other aircraft (like the NGX/T7), but we've make it more controllable in the A320X, so each press of "/" key provides an increment more of speed brakes (not just an on/off deal). To reduce speed brake deployment, you need to press "Shift" and "/" together (hence Shift + /). If the speedbrakes are fully retracted, then a further press of Shift+/ will arm the speedbrakes (the same as the NGX and T7), and the animation will show the you've lifted the speed brake lever to reveal the white band, and you'll get the SPEED BRK ARMED on E/WD.

Imagine that pressing "Shift+/" and "/" is moving a selector up and down a list of positions (where "DOWN" is the default position):

ARMED

DOWN

1/8

2/8

3/8

4/8

5/8

6/8

7/8

UP

Thanks

Here is a Danish Keyboard last row  :wink:

Thanks Michael Moe

20170208_142912.jpg

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thanks

Here is a Danish Keyboard last row  :wink:

Thanks Michael Moe

20170208_142912.jpg

Ah. It would appear you get a "/" by pressing Shift+7. I'm not sure how this will work then  :nea: we'll blame Microsoft and Lockheed for presuming the world uses a US Keyboard layout (as all Americans do).

Are all danish keyboards dirty like that? ;)

It looks like the forward slash is on key no. 7 on your layout, which is going to be a problem as you need to hit shift in any case. I suggest you move the key for SPDBRK arming to another one, for example the dash/underscore key which is were the forward slash is on an english keyboard. Only important thing is that its a dedicated key, not like the current one (as its shared with number '7')

• Upvote 1

Are all danish keyboards dirty like that? ;)

It looks like the forward slash is on key no. 7 on your layout, which is going to be a problem as you need to hit shift in any case. I suggest you move the key for SPDBRK arming to another one, for example the dash/underscore key which is were the forward slash is on an english keyboard. Only important thing is that its a dedicated key, not like the current one (as its shared with number '7')

Dirty at work  - maybe its because i have nothing to do or the cleaner is empty  :Tounge:

Thanks apreciated - will adjust the speedbrake/spoiler combo(have some issues with parkingbrake as well)

Thanks guys :smile:

Michael Moe :wink:

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I have learned it hard way that all of FSL system folders, including the one in Apps, should be excluded from AV scans and protections. I have the entire P3D and EZDOK folders excluded, but it appears that it's not enough. Actually, AV developers have become quite lazy these days as they treat almost every exe or dll that is not a part of Win/Mac environment as a threat. 

I have learned it hard way that all of FSL system folders, including the one in Apps, should be excluded from AV scans and protections. I have the entire P3D and EZDOK folders excluded, but it appears that it's not enough. Actually, AV developers have become quite lazy these days as they treat almost every exe or dll that is not a part of Win/Mac environment as a threat. 

Yeah, especially when your AV meets FSLabs hyper-dramatic protection system....

To the original question of "is it Worth it", I can just say that the airplane is sitting in the hangar collecting dust because of it's incompatability With Flyinside for HTC Vive. FSLabs have confirmed that they have recently downloaded Flyinside to check the issue, but no more updates on the matter currently. 140 euro has been sent to FSLabs for their Product that doesn't work on my setup. At this time, it is not Worth it for me, obviously.

Another recently jumbo addon worked superbly, however, right out of the Box. Even their custom camera shakes work flawlessly With Flyinside. One could arguably state that FSLabs do not require to cater to small Groups of niche People like me, and I would agree. However, other competing Companies DO cater to us. To me it is not simply an oversight from the part of FSLabs, but actually a statement of them being too nose Down into their Product to acknowledge the evolution of Our Flight simming hobby, and it's future (if you ask me).

• Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

To the original question of "is it Worth it", I can just say that the airplane is sitting in the hangar collecting dust because of it's incompatability With Flyinside for HTC Vive. FSLabs have confirmed that they have recently downloaded Flyinside to check the issue, but no more updates on the matter currently. 140 euro has been sent to FSLabs for their Product that doesn't work on my setup. At this time, it is not Worth it for me, obviously.

Another recently jumbo addon worked superbly, however, right out of the Box. Even their custom camera shakes work flawlessly With Flyinside. One could arguably state that FSLabs do not require to cater to small Groups of niche People like me, and I would agree. However, other competing Companies DO cater to us. To me it is not simply an oversight from the part of FSLabs, but actually a statement of them being too nose Down into their Product to acknowledge the evolution of Our Flight simming hobby, and it's future (if you ask me).

That is your choice offcause but HTC Vive and VR has being around for how long ?

This masterpiece might have nothing to do with VR but i can tell you that on my 4K49" it truly rocks and deserves some credits.

I also have the other Jumbo you are talking about and quite frankly i havent even read the introduction yet (which i will do in week 7 as i have vacation)

This plane is a must have for hardcore simmers for sure period - live with it.

And it even comes with a great support as well -heck why not - they are so passioned about it as we.

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Well no where is it communicated that it is not compatible with current vr software, so i think it is appropriate to share my experience. And so must you.

Yes no problemo , i just wanted to share that in 4K you will still get a truly masterpiece.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Well no where is it communicated that it is not compatible with current vr software, so i think it is appropriate to share my experience. And so must you.

I would put it the other way around: Has it been advertised as being compatible with 3rd party VR software?

Dont forget, VR is still only a few months old (when consumer HMD's got released), you cant just generally expect software or addons to be compatible unless its part of the feature list

As the ESP platform isnt really made for Airbus' "digital flying philosophy" (FBW, control laws, etc), the FSLabs Airbus does most things "outside" of the sim, while this certain jumbo integrates into P3D/FSX in a more traditional way. That could explain why it works with VR software right out of the box

• Upvote 2