Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

Woozie, I understand why you would say that, but the fact of the matter is that most popular AddOns, including the very highest of Fidelity ones, DO support Flyinside. All the PMDG Products (NGX, 777, 747), A318-321 from Aerosoft, the Connie etc. You are factually right about the age of VR and the consumer Versions (although the Tech is actually not that Young), yet the fact that FSLabs have not secured compatability, and is alone among the popular dev houses to not do so, says to me that on this point, they have fallen behind. And again, it shouldn't surprise anyone that I regret purchasing their Product since it is not compatible With my VR rig. My agenda is simply to raise awareness of this issue so others With a VR setup don't buy their Product without knowing the facts.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Woozie, I understand why you would say that, but the fact of the matter is that most popular AddOns, including the very highest of Fidelity ones, DO support Flyinside. All the PMDG Products (NGX, 777, 747), A318-321 from Aerosoft, the Connie etc. You are factually right about the age of VR and the consumer Versions (although the Tech is actually not that Young), yet the fact that FSLabs have not secured compatability, and is alone among the popular dev houses to not do so, says to me that on this point, they have fallen behind. And again, it shouldn't surprise anyone that I regret purchasing their Product since it is not compatible With my VR rig. My agenda is simply to raise awareness of this issue so others With a VR setup don't buy their Product without knowing the facts.

Not fair assumption.  Flyinside has been around since very very very very very very very very short period of time. Add to that there've always been compatibility issues across all the classic platforms. So where's Flyinside is in this?

Dirk.

What makes you say all these other products support FlyInside, rather than them just happening to work with it?

Andreas, it is disappointing (and surprising) you've decided to shelve the A320X over this. It would be entirely feasible for you to side-step VR for the A320X in the interim (yes, it's being looked at, but no ETA currently) and enjoy it as much as many other people are. To say we've "fallen behind" is also, frankly, a ridiculous statement.

• Upvote 2

I have an easier question for you, Andreas:

FSLSpotlights (which is really what you should be blaming here) is doing its best to stay out of the way of any 3rd party shader add-on and in many cases, we work with the developer to make sure their code (which loads AFTER Spotlights have loaded) is aware of what is going on.

In FlyInside's case, they actually ADD a dxgi.dll (or d3d11.dll) to REPLACE the default DirectX mechanism, thus "interjecting" themselves in between P3D and 3rd party code.

As such, wouldn't you think that FlyInside should be looking into why their stuff breaks (or crashes) when the Spotlights are installed?

Does it matter that they came first? So did Steve's DX10 Fixer, but he was very eager to call on us and work directly with us in finding the common ground. We've got no such attempt from FlyInside.

• Upvote 4

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on this but I don't want to invest the bucks and find out it runs lousy on my rig. I have a 6600k@ 4.6 with a GTX 970. I run P3D with moderate setting and AI traffic at about 40%. I really don't want to have to move the sliders any further to the left. I can run the PMDG 777 at Aerosoft's EGLL in the upper 20's. What are my chances?

NAX669.png

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on this but I don't want to invest the bucks and find out it runs lousy on my rig. I have a 6600k@ 4.6 with a GTX 970. I run P3D with moderate setting and AI traffic at about 40%. I really don't want to have to move the sliders any further to the left. I can run the PMDG 777 at Aerosoft's EGLL in the upper 20's. What are my chances?

Mike, I will say with all honesty, your system will run the bus just fine. I have a 2600K at 4.3 and Asus GTX970 with 16GB Corsair ram.

I even have WOAI at 100% and Hendricks ships at 100 also. Smooth as butter and not experienced OOM's.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Expect to see slightly worse performance than in the PMDG 777. It is more taxing on the system than the 777. I get around 25 fps at Aerosoft EGLL in it (30+ in the 777). And I'm on a 4770K@4.6 with a GTX1070. If you are not satisfied with the performance then dial back some settings. It is not as hard as many here believe. This bird is so amazing, you will not look out of the window much anyways. ;-)

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Expect to see slightly worse performance than in the PMDG 777. It is more taxing on the system than the 777. I get around 25 fps at Aerosoft EGLL in it (30+ in the 777). And I'm on a 4770K@4.6 with a GTX1070. If you are not satisfied with the performance then dial back some settings. It is not as hard as many here believe. This bird is so amazing, you will not look out of the window much anyways. ;-)

+1 to the performance and comments  :wink:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I have a 4790K @4.5 and a 780 with 6GB same results as Carlo. Sliders all to the right. (not all far right)

I run MY6 but use FSUIP traffic manager and that.s really good, I have that set to max traffic 100, Traffic set in P3D to 15% results in a 85% full EGLL and still pull 22-32 with the amazing FSL bus.

When am not flying the FSL its the PMDG 747F.

Also a stunning aircraft.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have an i7 7700k @ 5ghz and a gtx770 and with most sliders one notch left of centre I get 25-30 fps at payware airports. For comparison, with the pmdg 747 or 777 I get 30-35 fps, so a bit lower on fps, but still good.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Finally made two flights with which I was fully satisfied. For the future owners - RTFM installation guides and read recent updates on their forums. Updating FSUIPS version alone made a HUGE performance difference for me as I got rid of some stutters caused by remaining VAS calculation.

Also, you don't need AOC to upload your FP made with PFPX. Somehow MCDU recognizes a plan that is in your P3D default folder (I simultaneously export FPs from PFPX into several platforms such as PMDG and P3D default directory) 

As far as FPS concerned, it's very simple - take the average performance of any of PMDG bird your have as an example and subtract between 4-7 frames.

I have an i7 7700k @ 5ghz and a gtx770 and with most sliders one notch left of centre I get 25-30 fps at payware airports. For comparison, with the pmdg 747 or 777 I get 30-35 fps, so a bit lower on fps, but still good.

Yep, my experience precisely with 6700k@4.6, GTX980, and 16DD4RAM, 2TB SSD

Also, in the future I'd like to see VC textures and their sharpness improved. I understand that it's always a compromise between realism and VAS, but some of the pedestal texturing (near TCAS and transponder area) are just like "Hello Year 2004".

• Upvote 1

The single textures I don't like are the kind of "silky" (vs. "metallic") mask on the external model, no matter the livery.

Aerosoft is using same kind of mask on their Bus.

Not enough shinning, not as realistic as PMDG new bird's textures.

But it doesn't affect at all my flying experience with the A320-X which is just fantastic.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Folks

Move it here as FSL support is one big joke and essentially does not exists (comparing with what PMDG does for less money)

I'm experiencing very strange problem with brakes while taxiing on my Logitech joystick (I use "Fire" button for this purpose). Every time I'm trying to slow down the plane a little before a turn by pressing "fire' on a joystick, the brakes are automatically applied at 100% strength until the plane's full stop.

Thanks in advance for a suggestion.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Folks

Move it here as FSL support is one big joke and essentially does not exists (comparing with what PMDG does for less money)

I'm experiencing very strange problem with brakes while taxiing on my Logitech joystick (I use "Fire" button for this purpose). Every time I'm trying to slow down the plane a little before a turn by pressing "fire' on a joystick, the brakes are automatically applied at 100% strength until the plane's full stop.

Thanks in advance for a suggestion.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Yes, support over at FSLabs forums is mainly done by beta testers, they seem to care more about customers than those who actually got their money. The devs are very selective on what they reply to.....on some issues they simply refuse to provide any statement at all. 

In regards to your brake issue: I'm also a button breaker and it has improved significantly for me since the most recent update. Did you maybe mess with the ini files prior to the update? Also there are new options for break behaviour in the MCDU, might be worth to fiddle around a bit, altough i didnt have to customise anything 

• Upvote 1

The devs are very selective on what they reply to.....on some issues they simply refuse to provide any statement at all. 

Why would they? It's an escalation procedure, the same as any IT helpdesk would do - the beta team will deal with the incoming stuff. If we can deal with it, we will. If not, it gets escalated to the devs. It may be that a dev gets directly involved in a problem because they know it's a problem that would be beyond the scope of a beta tester.

As for G-YMML1, I'm still waiting for his response on our support forums to help him with the brake issue he has.

• Upvote 2