Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

I'm wondering how complete is the 2D panel set for the aircraft? Does it have a undockable FCU like how PMDG has an undockable MCP? Looking to add an Airbus to my general aviation cockpit. I currently fly PMDG 737, 747 and the 777 which I'm able to drag instruments displays to different monitors. I really like the Aerosoft version of the Airbus but they don't have any 2D panel sets with the aircraft.

Does anyone else notice AI traffic wandering off on to grass at turns during taxi and taking longer than usual landing roll sometimes exceeding the runway with the aircraft loaded?

How can a addon aircraft affect an AI program? 

No Sorry never seen that with FSL 320 or any PMDG.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 4/5/2017 at 10:36 AM, him225 said:

Does anyone else notice AI traffic wandering off on to grass at turns during taxi and taking longer than usual landing roll sometimes exceeding the runway with the aircraft loaded?

That could be caused by for example an afcad not designed correctly or not correct flight model from the AI aircraft ;-)

It has nothing to do with 3d party aircraft add-on ...

• Upvote 1

André

On 2/22/2017 at 7:07 AM, roi1862 said:

I think that right now it isn't worth 140$ (sorry Fslabs).few years back i bought another famous complex addon which straight away i fell in love with, very minor issues that were fixed soon after. The A320X just dosnt have the feel of a high end addon plus a lot of issues including famous FPS issues due to high cpu usage.If you ask me today i should have waited, and after seeing what future updates will bring i would consider if to buy it. Well what can you do...

Hi,

When it comes to graphic, I believed FSLABs is not as eye candy as some other products in that price range. However the details and also system is very deep and that is what "complex addon" definition is for this aircraft. I have not test too deep into the flight laws but the thing I have tested, it is just how the real Airbus flies.

I have studied the A320 system preparing for my type rating and I actually used Fslabs A320x to study along. There are some functions not implement but most of them are actually there, especially when testing/failing the systems. Even the FTD we are using as not as detail as Fslabs A320x.

Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

2 minutes ago, Hoang Le said:

Hi,

When it comes to graphic, I believed FSLABs is not as eye candy as some other products in that price range. However the details and also system is very deep and that is what "complex addon" definition is for this aircraft. I have not test too deep into the flight laws but the thing I have tested, it is just how the real Airbus flies.

I have studied the A320 system preparing for my type rating and I actually used Fslabs A320x to study along. There are some functions not implement but most of them are actually there, especially when testing/failing the systems. Even the FTD we are using as not as detail as Fslabs A320x.

Cheers,
Hoang Le

System depth can be as deep as the ocean but, when almost each of those system got bugs in them thats a serious issue. And its even worse that there is no ETA for fixing them !  From anomalies in the VC to not being able to fly RNAV approaches as it should be because the VIA option dosnt work due to bugs. For me thats unacceptable for this price tag. Anyway i have disputed the payment and won. As it is for now i do not want anything to do with Fslabs. They really disappointed me.

• Upvote 1

Roi Ben

Just now, roi1862 said:

System depth can be as deep as the ocean but, when almost each of those system got bugs in them thats a serious issue. And its even worse that there is no ETA for fixing them !  From anomalies in the VC to not being able to fly RNAV approaches as it should be because the VIA option dosnt work due to bugs. For me thats unacceptable for this price tag. Anyway i have disputed the payment and won. As it is for now i do not want anything to do with Fslabs. They really disappointed me.

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your experience. Every products have bugs here and there, it is just the way we accept it or not make the difference. Glad you got things sorted the way you want.

Cheers,

Hoang Le

• Upvote 1

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Just now, Hoang Le said:

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your experience. Every products have bugs here and there, it is just the way we accept it or not make the difference. Glad you got things sorted the way you want.

Cheers,

Hoang Le

Thank you ! 

I understand there can be bugs here and there. But, there are some very serious ones that just blocking use it as i was expecting. I mean the most basic thing- RNAV APP... They should have released hotfix ASAP but no, we waiting for SP1. Its already 2 months now and counting... 

• Upvote 1

Roi Ben

Or the steering and braking or the cold and dark at start up , or the managed descent. 

If it was based on real life (like the developers bang on about) it would have that many MEL's it would be AOG  since day 2 of release.

the 25 year old 744s at my company are in better shape!! 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

4 hours ago, awf said:

That could be caused by for example an afcad not designed correctly or not correct flight model from the AI aircraft ;-)

It has nothing to do with 3d part aircraft add-on ...

It could be the realistic ground handling if it works by hacking into p3d to achieve it. AI behaves normal as usual when using other aircraft.