Sign in to follow this  
Jetset408

FSLabs A320 for P3D - so is it worth it?

I really have trouble understanding why is the bus working for some fine and for the others not.

If it had a general problem, everyone would have it, right? In that case, and even in some smaller cases, FSL is quite quickly fixing things and the first update didn't take long.

So it comes down to the (system-)configuration that only a particular user might be responsible for.

I worked in a company selling a very powerful and big software for financial and tax offices. It was extremely important that we know and separate a problem in windows and the problem in the software. It had to be very clear for our customers who is responsible for what. But in the case of tax attorneys, they know zilch about computers, usually. While here... we definitely have more pros.

So how does one company manage it, and a flight community can't? Is beyond me, sorry.

Just did a quick test flight with v96 and it seems that the microstutters are gone. Much smoother experience now for me. Looks like i'm gonna be a happy bus driver again

how did you install the update? on top of it of did you have to uninstall everything prior to update?

henry

I Just ran all 3 installers, first Resources, then Binaries and finally Spotlights. Resources and Spotlights installed on top, Binaries removed the old version first. Didnt run into any issues

k thanks for the reply...  i am gonna give it a try

henry

how did you install the update? on top of it of did you have to uninstall everything prior to update?

henry

There is a sticky on the FSL forum under "Read this first" that gives the full procedure.  I think this is really just if you are having problems.  Key thing is to make sure you update Spotlights or it will not work.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I Just ran all 3 installers, first Resources, then Binaries and finally Spotlights. Resources and Spotlights installed on top, Binaries removed the old version first. Didnt run into any issues

Somebody told me just to run ontop resources then binaries ontop. Where did you take that from? I couldn't find in the docs or in FSL's FAQ.

Thanks,

Dirk.

There is a sticky on the FSL forum under "Read this first" that gives the full procedure.  I think this is really just if you are having problems.  Key thing is to make sure you update Spotlights or it will not work.

Is this one? http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/7178-installation-instructions-for-a320-x-fsx/

Are FSX and P3D reinstall routines the same?

Thanks,

Be careful when installing without uninstalling first. It has been known to cause one engine to lock in reverse idle, even though the throttles are set at idle. It does a similar thing if you load the bus in at an airport instead of at the scenario screen.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Uninstalled the 3 modules first, installed the newer versions, all 3 modules back. Updated the NVidia drivers as well to the latest one. P3D remained at HF2 (as I don't have SLI stuff). All ran fine, except for the fact that I couldn't make a complete KLAS/KLAX flight as it OOM'd 4 times (fortunately I could save every step further as soon as FSUIPC started dinging). Other than that the same bugs I had observed previously remain. With the same settings I'm able to make a complete flight using the Triple Seven, no OOMs, maybe some FSUIPC dings at most.

PS: According to the reports I read the latest NVidia drivers are free from VAS leak.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Guest Mik75

Uninstalled the 3 modules first, installed the newer versions, all 3 modules back. Updated the NVidia drivers as well to the latest one. P3D remained at HF2 (as I don't have SLI stuff). All ran fine, except for the fact that I couldn't make a complete KLAS/KLAX flight as it OOM'd 4 times (fortunately I could save every step further as soon as FSUIPC started dinging). Other than that the same bugs I had observed previously remain. With the same settings I'm able to make a complete flight using the Triple Seven, no OOMs, maybe some FSUIPC dings at most.

PS: According to the reports I read the latest NVidia drivers are free from VAS leak.

Wanthuyr, the A320X consumes more VAS than the T7, not much. But if you're already on the edge to an OOM with the T7, the Airbus will definitely push it over it.

You have to lower some settings (autogen, traffic, FTX Vector). Again, not much, one notch of the most critical things should do.

I have done 20+ flights out of and into payware scenery, using Vector and Open LC, and I haven't had a single OOM.

For me, the most recent version hasn't changed much, concerning performance and VAS usage.

.196 is very smooth on my system as long as i dont run in to clouds. Even better than the T7/NGX

Did a Aerosoft EGLL- FT EKCH night flight for the first time and had 150-450MB left on gate B16 in bad snowy weather. (OPENLCEU+Lights) 5% AI traffic (MT6) 

Very very smooth departure @25FPS(25HZ monitor-VSYNC ON , unlimited FPS)

Does the chart lights in the VC work on your system btw ?

Some personal issues:

Ground spoilers arm - They are not the same keystroke as default ? I have a hard time with them. 

Seems like i am deploying them - (speedbrake is green on the right ECAM side)

Should be speedbrake armed on the left ECAM side  ?

Next is trying to do a Autoland . Could not use AP1+2 yesterday . Maybe because my late (between IAF and FAF) discovering with that

speedbrake .

Flying as F/O btw.

Anyone care to explain "under" the Flaps setting , particular the (UP/DOWN 0,X) in the CDU ? where do i find this as it is not mention in PFPX during planning and i do see some notice of them on the trim wheel 

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Ground spoilers arm - They are not the same keystroke as default ? I have a hard time with them. 

Seems like i am deploying them - (speedbrake is green on the right ECAM side)

Anyone care to explain "under" the Flaps setting , particular the (UP/DOWN 0,X) in the CDU ? where do i find this as it is not mention in PFPX during planning and i do see some notice of them on the trim wheel 

Thanks

Michael Moe

I always arm the spoilers by right clicking on the spoiler handle. This will pull it a bit and a white marking will appear on the shaft. If you are looking for a hotkey, check your key bindings and search for ARM

UP/DOWN 0,x is the takeoff trim setting which is based on your TO CG. In order to get the trim value you can either use the diagram shown on the checklist (part of the FSL A320 documentation) or you can use the markings on the trim wheel. The TO CG value will be shown on the payload screen of the MCDU. Its the CG value next to gross weight, not the one for ZFW. 

The trim is usually being set during before taxi flow

• Upvote 1

I always arm the spoilers by right clicking on the spoiler handle. This will pull it a bit and a white marking will appear on the shaft. If you are looking for a hotkey, check your key bindings and search for ARM

UP/DOWN 0,x is the takeoff trim setting which is based on your TO CG. In order to get the trim value you can either use the diagram shown on the checklist (part of the FSL A320 documentation) or you can use the markings on the trim wheel. The TO CG value will be shown on the payload screen of the MCDU. Its the CG value next to gross weight, not the one for ZFW. 

The trim is usually being set during before taxi flow

Thanks but i do set the trim as there is also the TO CG value on the trim wheel.

So its just for the FMGC i guess as i do trim before TAXI . Strange to put it in as the FMGC allready knows the GW/TOCG from the fuel predicition page (GW/CG) ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks but i do set the trim as there is also the TO CG value on the trim wheel.

So its just for the FMGC i guess as i do trim before TAXI . Strange to put it in as the FMGC allready knows the GW/TOCG from the fuel predicition page (GW/CG) ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Ah sorry, think i got you wrong there, i thought you meant the trim display on the ECAM.

So its on the MCDU then? Where? on the T/O PERF page? Need to check when i'm home

As already mentioned, speed brake arm is the same as any other aircraft ( Shift + / ). We intercept the use of / and Shift+/ when using the normal speed brake range too. Each press of the / key will give you 1/8th movement of spoilers - this makes it very easy to quickly add a notch or two of spoilers in the air without having to move your VC view (unlike every other add-on where pressing / gives you full deflection). 

The FLAPS/THS setting on the TO PERF page in the MCDU is your takeoff flap setting plus the trim setting, based on TO CG (not ZFW CG). The real aircraft doesn't do any of these calculations for you, so you need to do it from a chart. The trim wheel also has a handy guide so you know where to set it - it's only rough, so you can be a couple of points out, it's just for the takeoff roll and climb before the normal flight control laws blend in and the computer takes over trim control. The TO PERF page is more of a reminder than affecting the aircraft (aside from FLEX).