Sign in to follow this  
ypaul123

PMDG 747 Default Liveries Removal Process

Hey,

How can I remove the default PMDG liveries from my A/C list please ?

Thanks in advance,

Yossi Paul.

My guess would be: Go to the aircraft.cfg, delete the entries and be careful with the numbering.

"C:\P3Dv3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400\aircraft.cfg"

My guess would be: Go to the aircraft.cfg, delete the entries and be careful with the numbering.

"C:\P3Dv3\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400\aircraft.cfg"

That's the manual mode. I would suggest doing that in the operations center, open the PMDG 747 V3,go to livery manager, and select the livery (or liveries) you want to remove. easier and better

That's the manual mode. I would suggest doing that in the operations center, open the PMDG 747 V3,go to livery manager, and select the livery (or liveries) you want to remove. easier and better

You can't remove the default liveries through the ops center

Default? You mean pmdg painted liveries? If yes,sorry. i Misunderstood with the addon liveries (available through the OC)

The Operations Center won't let you actually delete the liveries but it will help you clean the unused textures up after manually removing them in the relevant aircraft.cfg

If you are not familiar with adding and removing textures via the aircraft.cfg file and renumbering them correctly then DO NOT use this method and then complain your planes no longer load.

If you DO know what you are doing and remove the entries then go back to the OC it will have warning messages waiting for you. You can either REPAIR the liveries (undo your deletions) or DELETE TEXTURES. The delete option will tidy up the install by removing the .pmdg texture folders. You could also delete them manually but this way is the safest and kudos to PMDG for the OC 'understanding' what you have done and then letting you finish the job.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

If you don't want to see them when you load the sim, make sure they are not listed as favorites, and use "show only favorites."

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

On 2/3/2017 at 12:21 AM, ypaul123 said:

Hey,

How can I remove the default PMDG liveries from my A/C list please ?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Yossi,

Unless you have a very good understanding of how aliasing textures works (as well as the entries in the aircraft.cfg file as others have said),  I suggest you leave the texture files with "PMDG" or "common" in them alone.  Some of them may be shared by other liveries.

Mike

Edited by Mike777

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2