Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

W10 64 bit Update just updated to Nvidia 376.53?

Hi,

Anyone else have 376.33 installed and Windows Update just updated my driver to 376.53 (29.12.2016) ?

Not even on the list at Nvidia

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Just checked windows update, it's listed but not yet installed.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Sigh, yes, windows updated for me, even though back when I set this computer up last year I selected the option not to download updates for drivers.

Attempting (with difficulty) to roll back now

God help us all, windows 10 keeps putting the latest driver back. I can't roll back. On computer restart, the latest problematic driver is in place. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

yep NVIDIA - Display - 12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7653  I will post if any issue comes up.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

I was going mad last night trying to roll drivers back to 376.33 and having Windows update immediately install 376.53. Glad to hear it's not just me having this issue!

Option 1

Preferred option: http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

Option 2.

If you have Win10 Pro you'll already have PowerShell installed, if you have the Home Edition download & install PowerShell from the link below:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=46889

Next you'll need to download the Windows Update PowerShell Modules, grab it from here: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.co...2-88dff796b0bc

Unzip the file you downloaded and move the "PSWindowsUpdate" folder to: C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules

------
Now launch PowerShell as an Administrator.
(Quick PowerShell tip... use the "Tab" key to auto-complete commands. Hit tab a few times to see what options are available.)

By default PowerShell is setup to restrict any scripts which require admin privileges. You'll need to set it to Unrestricted mode to install the modules and run the WindowsUpdate commands.

Set PowerShell to Unrestricted Mode, using the command below.
> Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted CurrentUser
- Answer yes to the next prompt.

Now to install the WindowsUpdate PS Modules, type this command at the PowerShell command line. (You'll only need to do this once.)
> Import-Module PSWindowsUpdate

Next you'll type the command to hide Nvidia Updates.
> Hide-WUUpdate -Title "NVIDIA*"
(Now any update released starting with the name NVIDIA will be blocked/hidden.)

After completing these commands you'll want to set the Execution Policy back to restricted. This will return PowerShell to the default permissions level.
> Set-ExecutionPolicy Restricted CurrentUser

Please Note, When you execute this command, > Hide-WUUpdate -Title "NVIDIA*"  be patient, it can take 1 to 2 mins. You may think it has not worked. Also, do not remove the quotes.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

BTW, the above worked for me. For some, it does not work. I would go for option 1 if it works for you.Go figure. Stick that Microsoft lol

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks, I didn't have the above setting correct... However I think I had it set correctly originally, but a windows update "changed" my preference.

I work for a carrier that uses microsoft products, and let me tell you... headaches with those products. 

• Upvote 1

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Thanks, I didn't have the above setting correct... However I think I had it set correctly originally, but a windows update "changed" my preference.

I work for a carrier that uses microsoft products, and let me tell you... headaches with those products. 

Yes, it changed mine as well. They won't catch me again though :)

Edit: And they did lol

Turned pc on this morning, and W10 updated the nvidia driver once more. So none of the above worked.

Now trying option 3. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3073930/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-windows-10

M$ should be hung for this.

You guys should shut down auto W10 updates. I did to avoid these issues.

Eric 

You guys should shut down auto W10 updates. I did to avoid these issues.

I don't have that option. Only defer updates. Can you tell me how ? Please ? :)

Now, it is possiable that option has been removed with a recent update, as I use to have it not update graphic drivers, now it has become very difficult to stop it updating. All the usual tricks are not working.

Just tried option 3, so will see how that goes.

I also thought I had turned off Driver updates a few weeks ago,  now turned on and says the driver  Nvidia Display  376.53 (12/29/2016)  has been installed today.?

Didn't see the normal NVidia  install program run at any point !

I see there is a new version out though 378.49, which was released 24/1/17

Wonder why it didn't install that one?

v Strange......

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

I also thought I had turned off Driver updates a few weeks ago,  now turned on and says the driver  Nvidia Display  376.53 (12/29/2016)  has been installed today.?

Didn't see the normal NVidia  install program run at any point !

I see there is a new version out though 378.49, which was released 24/1/17

Wonder why it didn't install that one?

v Strange......

It is strange. So far with option 3, I still have 376.33 drivers, so fingers crossed. I had to download Guru3D DDU nvidia uninstaller in safe mode to stop windows from re installing.

Is there any particular issues with this driver anyone aware of ? If not I will just leave it installed !

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11