Sign in to follow this  
kiwiflyer45

A Rant About Terrible Customer Support at SimMarket

Flight1 activation works fine. It is best to unpack and save the unpacked software and keys for future installs. Quick and easy that way

They do have a procedure for new keys if you didn't save your keys

Matthew Kane

My only bad experience with F1 is with their Forum support system for certain products. It's not a matter of them being rude or uncooperative - I just find the system difficult to navigate. (i.e. iFly)... Their basic system seems to work very reliably and I have high regard for them as a company.

I don't recall having needed support from SimMarket before and have always found their purchase and download system very reliable so this was a bit of a shocker. FYI, the developer was TOGA and the moment they found out what was going on, they contacted me, were extremely courteous and helpful... I give them top marks for reaching out the way they did.

I agree that sometimes when we are communicating in a language that is not our native one, misunderstandings can easily occur and that may have played a role here, as we as cultural differences. I usually make allowances for that, but this degenerated into something much more than that. I admit that I got pretty irritated after a while so I take some responsibility, but the fact remains that he was just plain rude - and in very plain, clear English.

Hopefully the management at SimMarket will take note and take some kind of remedial action. They are one of the most comprehensive resellers on the market and I will continue to use them, but will probably look for alternatives for a particular product first. And I very much agree with the remark about buying directly from the developer if possible - they deserve to earn as much as possible in return for their hard work and creativity

Cheers everybody and thanks again for all the support

Ian

I've always had good cooperation from Flight1. Goes to show that none are perfect. The two mentioned by Aaron are indeed good stores.

Bill W

To be clear, I have never had a problem with support. Credit where credit is due.

But the activation process on 2 products I own, however, makes me want to pull my hair out every time I need to reinstall. Always get an invalid login, locked out of account after too many attempts, then have to change username, email address, reset passwords, and then once I do, the installer no longer recognizes my account info because it was purchased under a different name, then contact support etc. etc... just to install a simple addon. This happened multiple times. That's really the main reason I recently switched to ChasePlane rather than upgrading to EzDok v2. A burden has been lifted, and even better, I've fallen in love ChasePlane.

So maybe I owe Flight1 a "thank you" for inadvertently pointing me in the direction of ChasePlane.  :wink:

Glad it isn't a problem for everyone.

But the activation process on 2 products I own, however, makes me want to pull my hair out every time I need to reinstall. Always get an invalid login, locked out of account after too many attempts, then have to change username, email address, reset passwords, and then once I do, the installer no longer recognizes my account info because it was purchased under a different name, then contact support etc. etc... just to install a simple addon.

F1 offers an alternate way to handle reinstalls where all of your licensed products are gathered together into a single database and you no long need "F1 Keys" etc. to reinstall products. I no longer have to keep the key files archived, or remember the last few digits of the credit card number and email address I used ten years ago! :Applause:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

When I upgraded my hardware over Christmas, I had to reinstall a number of Flight 1 products. All I needed was my e-mail address and Flight 1 password.

2OYWYf.png

uzJQoz.png

Absolutelly appaling! Over the years I have purchased numerous add-ons, the last one p*ssed me off very much. An obsolete add-on without any support from the developers, not working in neither FSX Steam Edition nor in Prepar3d, when I requested a refund they refused. When I opened a dispute at Paypal, they blocked my customer account, which is a big problem (although this I will pursue legally for sure) because in confirmation emails when you order something they don't sent the software installation keys, you have to log into your account to find the keys for software ordered. Beware of this store. Or at least, if you buy addons from them, check if the software makers are still around, otherwise you will be wasting money on non-working products. An expensive rip-off experience...

48 minutes ago, DusanStojanovic said:

Beware of this store. Or at least, if you buy addons from them, check if the software makers are still around, otherwise you will be wasting money on non-working products. An expensive rip-off experience...

Might help to know what add-on it is. I can't tell just by looking at it.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Which store are you referring to, Sim Market or Flight1? What aircraft?

It appears to be a bad installation.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thankfully, I have found Steam.

Goodbye SimMarket and all that machine language sim stuff.
You abandoned me in time of need: live by the sword, die by the sword... I bid you adieu as I ride off into the sunset.

Never had a problem at Simmarket so I never had to use the support. Thank god :-D

+ 1

Same here. Not one single problem in 15 years and 355 orders (I just checked my account)

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Think the Hangar Chat forum has turned into a one or two member complaint forum.  If I have a problem with a merchant, I complain directly with the merchant and, if it is not resolved, I move on and tell myself I won't be using this merchant in the future.  Not sure what telling the general public worldwide will do to fix the problem.  Like many others, I personally have not had any problems with SimMarket or Flight One.  Both extremely reputable stores in the Flight Simulation Community IMHO.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 2/15/2017 at 6:05 PM, n4gix said:

F1 offers an alternate way to handle reinstalls where all of your licensed products are gathered together into a single database and you no long need "F1 Keys" etc. to reinstall products. I no longer have to keep the key files archived, or remember the last few digits of the credit card number and email address I used ten years ago! :Applause:

Flight1 Is the store that eventually made me very very fastidious with passwords, old emails, credit card numbers from yesteryear and etc.

After rassling with that system a few times, I started archiving everything I purchased with neat little text files with all the pertinent information regarding the purchase.

Then, I distributed those files across multiple drives, in case of a failure.

Learning that lesson allowed me to recently retrieve my FSDT purchases from 2009 to try them out in P3dV4

And I'm ready for Flight1 if I ever decide to redownload anything from them.

It also made me love the heck out of first Steam and now the New FTX central.

I have to say though that whenever I have ever dealt with a store directly, it's always been friendly/cordial.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I also must advise all sim community about the horrible, indecent and not legit customer support system of simmarket. That'simply a shame. They put in the black list your account if you open a dispute via Paypal. I asked a refund for a not working soft, what I got it was just horrible behaviour and they closed my account because I just tried help via Paypal! I was also a loyal customer and done several orders from them.Guys, stay away from that website, if you should ask some support, forget that from them you will be completely abandoned