Sign in to follow this  
Andy7

APPCRASH kernel32.dll when exiting FSX

39 minutes ago, ViperXBR said:

Again grasping at straws and will try hopefully soon when RW commitments will allow.

I have DisablePreload=0 in the fsx.cfg file. FSX still stops working about 20 seconds after I exit FSX.

1 hour ago, pcubine said:

I have DisablePreload=0 in the fsx.cfg file. FSX still stops working about 20 seconds after I exit FSX.

Thanks for letting me know but it looks like we're on our own finding a solution.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

Must be missing  some  thing  here,  so  your  exiting  the  sim and  get  the  error?  so if  your  exiting the  sim who  cares  if  you getting the  error

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

6 hours ago, pete_auau said:

so if  your  exiting the  sim who  cares  if  you getting the  error

I don't care but apparently some people do. The flight is over. Move on to the next flight.

My FSX used to crash on exit, it just started doing it inexplicably for no apparent reason.  The only downside is your logbook file is not updated, if you care about that, and the hours are not updated for 777/747 PMDG products. There is very little that FSX writes to disk when closing so the possibility of problems is nil.   The problem went away when I built a new computer and went from Vista to Win7, and I haven't seen it since.  By the way, you can make sure your flight data makes it into the logbook by shutting down your engines before exiting.  The logbook is updated on either engine shut down or exit.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hid a bunch of the errata from the earlier pages distracting from discussing the issues at hand. Hid a bunch of other stuff for not conforming to the forum rules (to include signing your name).

Useful information to have:

• What sim you're running
  • What version of the 744 you have running on your system
  • What add-ons you're running AT THE SAME TIME (to include the result of running the sim WITHOUT these peripherals)
  • What kind of system you're running on (to include if you are running an overclocked rig)

Kyle Rodgers

8 hours ago, downscc said:

.  By the way, you can make sure your flight data makes it into the logbook by shutting down your engines before exiting.  The logbook is updated on either engine shut down or exit.

Thought that was  the standard  thing  after  each  flight to shut down  your  engines:happy:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have this problem and have tried to exit all addons first and still have this crash, maybe 1 of 20 it exits with no crash. But load at a gate and then exit there is no crash.

Latest 747 FSX:SE Win7 64 Professional

Per W Sweden

17 hours ago, pcubine said:

I don't care but apparently some people do. The flight is over. Move on to the next flight.

yea  dont  get it  either  when you  exit the sim doesn't  matter,  not  if  its  crashing  during t your flight  than it  be  a different  matter, anyways  had this  issue   for a few  years  now  never  bothered  me,  happens  with any  aircraft, somehow  I  see  no  fix  for  this  issue

Peter kelberg

On ١٦‏/٦‏/١٤٣٨ هـ at 6:33 PM, ViperXBR said:

I'll make sure I try that next time.  I usually do except for AS16.  That has a bigger effect on the sim if closed prior to shutting down FSX-SE.  When I see a disconnect signal from AS, that's when I know FSX-SE has completely shutdown.

I did this last night with the T7 and no issue.  I'll try again with the 747 in the next day or two.

Thanks!

I had the same problem and tried shutting down AS2016 before closing the FSX with the B747 V3 plane was the solution to the problem thanks for the test.

Finished the CTP event today with the B744.  No issues with the aircraft through the entire event.

But, unfortunately, it still crashed FSX when exiting the sim.  This time I made sure all external apps, including AS16, were all shut down before quitting FSX-SE.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

3 hours ago, ViperXBR said:

Finished the CTP event today with the B744.  No issues with the aircraft through the entire event.

But, unfortunately, it still crashed FSX when exiting the sim.  This time I made sure all external apps, including AS16, were all shut down before quitting FSX-SE.

Does it  really  matter  to you if  the sim  crashes  when  you  exit  the  sim ?

Peter kelberg

11 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Does it  really  matter  to you if  the sim  crashes  when  you  exit  the  sim ?

As I posted previously in this thread:

On 3/15/2017 at 3:51 PM, ViperXBR said:

I've seen in the past, if/when FSX doesn't shutdown cleanly, there's always a good chance of file corruption.  Any files that FSX has open at the time of the crash that do not have a chance or, even worse, has partly written to disk, are affected.  That includes config files, cache files, anything it needs to run and/or modify.  Same idea can happen with your OS when it crashes.  Good chance of losing and/or corrupting data.

It can definitely be a problem.

There's always a chance for issues when an application does not shutdown cleanly.

So, yes, it matters.  I just spent quite a bit of time rebuilding my sim PC a couple months ago and I'd prefer not to have to do it again anytime soon.

Cheers,
Todd

CXA557-2.jpg

good luck  finding  the  fix  for  it

Peter kelberg