Hello guys!

I have a problem since when I installed the PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies II.
During pre flight, flight and landing works very well.
When I quit FSX, closing the FS generates a kernel32.dll error in the Windows Troubleshooting report.

Solutions Attempted:
-I uninstalled and installed the PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies II but the problem continues.
-Deleted FSX.CFG. I created another. Did not work.

Can someone help me?

FSX Acceleration, ASN, REX Essential plus, Ezdok.
Windows 7 64 Bit, Radeon HD 6950, I7 3770K

Description

Failed Application Path: C: \ Simulator \ fsx.exe

Signing the problem
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: fsx.exe
Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
Failure Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23572
Fault Module Date / Time Stamp: 57fd0378
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Displacement: 00011359
Version of the operating system: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Place Identification: 1046
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional information about the problem
Memory Compartment Id: 1198050294

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have the same, reported it to support and apparently no one else has reported the issue. I only have it happening with the 747 v3.

I have exactly the same problem. After trying different video drivers and clean fsx.cfg's, the problem is always there. kernel32.dll on exit (only with the 747)

When I quit FSX, closing the FS generates a kernel32.dll error in the Windows Troubleshooting report.

Does this occur at the moment you click on the X or some 15-20 seconds later and does it say FSX has stopped working?

Does this occur at the moment you click on the X or some 15-20 seconds later and does it say FSX has stopped working?

I have to close FSX normally. No message appears in this step. To see the kernel32.dll problem I have to open the windows error reports. This only happens with B747 v3.

All,

Same problem here.  Not a big deal given that if I need to save a settings change I can load another aircraft and close normally but I thought I would just confirm that my set up has the same issue.  Thanks!

Todd Legon

I have to close FSX normally. No message appears in this step. To see the kernel32.dll problem I have to open the windows error reports. This only happens with B747 v3.

On some computers, operating systems, and combination of add-ons this is the nature of the beast. I have has this issue from Beta 1 thru RTM + 1 which is around 27-28 releases. So I have done a lot of uninstalls and reinstalls, a video card change from 980ti to GTX1080, rebuilt fsx.cfg file, deleted trusted items and trusted them again. Nothing has made any difference. Nothing has made any difference. I believe I am the only tester that has this issue. I have learned to live with it.

Same problem here guys but if you check the FSX/P3D CTD guide (under Tom Allensworths picture), it suggests that it is a common problem and should be treated as an OOM. Apparently there is no fix but it suggests that you can try to uninstall and reinstall acceleration pack. I have just got my sim stable so am not trying this suggestion. But you guys may want to. Regards.

I have the same problem in FSX-SE only with PMDG B747 v3, I don't think it's OOM, simconnect must be closing successfully cause my FSUIPC log indicates clean exit:

8295915 System time = 04/03/2017 22:42:44, Simulator time = 20:03:50 (18:03Z)
  8295915 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 7.6 fps, Maximum was 739.3 fps
Minimum available memory recorded was 1013Mb
Average frame rate for running time of 7743 secs = 22.7 fps
Maximum AI traffic for session was 132 aircraft
Memory managed: 3479 Allocs, 3479 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

And the way I stop the sim is always end flight to main menu and from there exit.

Looking at task manager I see memory being released but at around 400MB remaining this error happens - every time.

I'm seeing similar values and have been watching VAS very closely, so I'm not convinced it has to do with an OOM either:

33315792 System time = 04/03/2017 23:16:52, Simulator time = 00:32:16 (23:32Z)
 33315792 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 11.9 fps, Maximum was 46.3 fps
Minimum available memory recorded was 1268Mb
Average frame rate for running time of 33131 secs = 29.5 fps
G3D fix: Passes 150102, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0
Maximum AI traffic for session was 30 aircraft
Memory managed: 14539 Allocs, 14539 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

This tallies with what I'm seeing in Process Explorer. I thought I could narrow the crash down to a particular module (by watching Process Explorer during FSX exit) but couldn't.

You guys are just wasting your time. There is no solution.

Looks like it's solved by the new update just released, I tested after the update and no more crash on exit from main menu.

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - BUILD 3.00.8186 (Released 2017-03-10)

Cheers,

Michael

Just an FYI, It's not fixed for all...

It's definitely not VAS related.  I had around 1GB of free VAS when I exited FSX-SE.

Just installed the latest FSUIPC the other day and that didn't help.

Software setup is:

Sim PC:  Two month old fresh install of Windows 7 64b & FSX-SE, FSUIPC, ChasePlane, vPilot (host mode), Aivlasoft EFB(Data Provider), Various payware scenery(Only Dep & Arr scenery enabled)

Secondary PC:  AS16, Aivlasoft EFB Display, FS RealTime, vPilot (Display mode), WideFS

Hardware setup:

Sim PC:  Intel i7 2600k OC 4.9GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Sabertooth P67 MB, 16GB DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Strix GTX 1070 OC 8GB, 2xSamsung EVO 840 1TB SSD, 1TB WD Black HD, Corsair 1200AX PS.

Sec. PC:  AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz, ASUS M5A97 R2.0 MB, 16GB RAM, EVGA GTX460 1GB, Agility3 120GB SSD, 500GB WD, Thermaltake Toughpower 650 Modular PS

42 minutes ago, ViperXBR said:

Software setup is:

Sim PC:  Two month old fresh install of Windows 7 64b & FSX-SE, FSUIPC, ChasePlane, vPilot (host mode), Aivlasoft EFB(Data Provider), Various payware scenery(Only Dep & Arr scenery enabled)

Secondary PC:  AS16, Aivlasoft EFB Display, FS RealTime, vPilot (Display mode), WideFS

Before you close the sim, close the client apps on your second machine. Report back with the result.

3 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Before you close the sim, close the client apps on your second machine. Report back with the result.

I'll make sure I try that next time.  I usually do except for AS16.  That has a bigger effect on the sim if closed prior to shutting down FSX-SE.  When I see a disconnect signal from AS, that's when I know FSX-SE has completely shutdown.

I did this last night with the T7 and no issue.  I'll try again with the 747 in the next day or two.

Thanks!

The crash remains will the 747 fully updated (only on exit).

I don't see this as a big problem, as the flight at that moment is done, and i can confirm it's not VAS related

44 minutes ago, jasoncardeira said:

The crash remains will the 747 fully updated (only on exit).

This would imply that there's something we need to fix.

Kernel32.dll isn't ours, so the implication that we need to fix something that isn't ours seems misplaced.

Strange that i only have this crash on exit with the 747. No problems with the 737 and the 777.

I've tried different video drivers, clean fsx cfg's, and nothing had solve it.

This is not a major issue (the flight is done), and this crash doesn't happen if i load FSX with the 747 and shut it down after that 20 seconds.

2 hours ago, jasoncardeira said:

Strange that i only have this crash on exit with the 747. No problems with the 737 and the 777.

I've tried different video drivers, clean fsx cfg's, and nothing had solve it.

This is not a major issue (the flight is done), and this crash doesn't happen if i load FSX with the 747 and shut it down after that 20 seconds.

I've seen in the past, if/when FSX doesn't shutdown cleanly, there's always a good chance of file corruption.  Any files that FSX has open at the time of the crash, do not have a chance or, even worse, has partly written to disk, are affected.  That includes config files, cache files, anything it needs to run and/or modify.  Same idea can happen with your OS when it crashes.  Good chance of losing/corrupting data.

It can definitely be a problem.

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:28 PM, mbud said:

Looks like it's solved by the new update just released, I tested after the update and no more crash on exit from main menu.

PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - BUILD 3.00.8186 (Released 2017-03-10)

Cheers,

Michael

Well, I did about 6 flights after the first update last week - no issues on exit.

But, another update which I installed today BUILD 3.00.8189 (Released 2017-03-13), the same problem is back. :sad:

Michael

I haven't any corruption files on FSX, otherwise this would happen with any other aircraft, or any other scenery.

This only happens when make a flight from the beginning to the end. If i start FSX in a gate with the 747 and shutdown immediatly after, the crash doesn't occur

Maybe something related with FMC or something ?