Sign in to follow this  
LucG

QualityWings 757 for P3D v3

Hi all,

I've tried to install the qualitywings 757 v1.3 in p3d by copying and pasting all the files of the 757 from fsx to my p3d folder. But I when I load up the airplane everything works except for the fmc and the screens (they're all black). Does someone knows a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

pic for solution.png

12 minutes ago, LucG said:

Hi all,

I've tried to install the qualitywings 757 v1.3 in p3d by copying and pasting all the files of the 757 from fsx to my p3d folder. But I when I load up the airplane everything works except for the fmc and the screens (they're all black). Does someone knows a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

pic for solution.png

Does Quality Wings permit copying purchased software files to newer P3D releases?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

Does Quality Wings permit copying purchased software files to newer P3D releases?

Well it says that it is an installer for p3d but however it only installs in fsx. So I think that it is permitted.

solution.png

From Quality Wings website, pertaining to the Boeing 757:

System Requirements:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

CPU 1.6 GHz

1GB RAM

128MB video card

1GB of disk space

Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7

MS Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9) with the 9.1 upgrade

MS Flight Simulator X (FS10) SP2

MS Flight Simulator X Steam Edition (See Notes below)

Prepar3D Version 2.5 and earlier (See Notes Below)

RECOMMENDED:

CPU 3.0 GHz

1GB RAM

256MB video card

3GB of disk

Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7

MS Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9) with the 9.1 upgrade

MS Flight Simulator X (FS10) SP2

MS Flight Simulator X Steam Edition (See Notes below)

Prepar3D Version 2.5 and earlier (See Notes Below)

NOTES:

Internet access is REQUIRED for installation/reinstallation

Please note, we do not support technical issues appeared on systems that do not conform to the posted minimum system requirements.

This product is NOT developed for and does NOT carry an official compatibility endorsement from QualityWings Simulations for Prepar3D. There are known visual issues during night flying. Installation is allowed, but does NOT carry support from QualityWings.

The product will install into FSX Steam. While we understand that Dovetail hasn't madeany changes to the FSX coding that would cause any issues, we have not tested this product in Steam. As such, we do not carry official compatbility endorsement for Steam just yet.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

31 minutes ago, LucG said:

Well it says that it is an installer for p3d but however it only installs in fsx. So I think that it is permitted.

solution.png

It may not install to P3D because you do not have the older P3D version installed.

The (SP3) means QW757 Service Pack 3 ... nothing about a P3D version.

Are you using Prepar3D Version 2.5 and earlier?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

It may not install to P3D because you do not have the older P3D version installed.

The (SP3) means QW757 Service Pack 3 ... nothing about a P3D version.

Are you using Prepar3D Version 2.5 and earlier?

It litteraly says P3DV3 sooo:mellow:

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

That installer above will install to P3D without any older 757 versions installed first.

OP, just run the installer, point it at P3D, and then activate it.  I suspect the version you copied over isn't activated within P3D.

http://www.qualitywingssim.com/installers.html

Thank you! Will try it asap.

Haven't tried this for a while, so might give it a go. We do need a quality 757 in prepar3d.

maybe we just wait for the level D version? I was told it was coming soon, and that was some time ago (must be at least 7 years or so). So I guess the release must be imminent?

:)

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

It installed fine for me.  If I recall it started working correctly when I downloaded the FSDT addon manager and it updated the QW gauge.  It asks you if you want to do that at some point during the install of the addon manager.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

I don't know how it would apply to porting over, like in your case, but I purchased the QW 757, and was having similar problems, only I had an error message on my EFIS screens. But downloading and installing their latest add-on manager was the fix.

See this link:http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/solution-temporary-qw7572-error-or-trial-mode_topic6546.html

And the most important part: Was when the it asks if you want to install the latest 757 gauge, click NO. See the second to last post, on the first page, in the link above.  Works great in p3d.

27 minutes ago, jeffmcnair said:

I don't know how it would apply to porting over, like in your case, but I purchased the QW 757, and was having similar problems, only I had an error message on my EFIS screens. But downloading and installing their latest add-on manager was the fix.

See this link:http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/solution-temporary-qw7572-error-or-trial-mode_topic6546.html

And the most important part: Was when the it asks if you want to install the latest 757 gauge, click NO. See the second to last post in the link above.  Works great in p3d.

Interesting, I always click YES to the latest 757 gauge or else the gauges don't load. <shrug>

Installing into P3D is absolutely OK with the QW guys...but simply without any support from them.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.