Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

XEnviro not working?

Recommended Posts

For the last couple of days, if I run XEnviro, only clear skies show, now cloud formations...even today, when the sound of rain was within XP11.  I then switched to XP11 Clouds, and immediately the sky filled with what one would expect.  Is xEnviro (servers) down?

So to repeat, with it set to ON, no cloud creation of any kind.  Anybody else seeing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

 

35 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Anybody else seeing this?

Confirmed...but the servers may not be down...certainly serving up clear skies either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All good here too Mitch; at least in my location. Maybe there are some oddities in the data at certain locations; something I've seen in AS2016 from time to time, where its given me clear sky's when it was very much overcast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the responses, everyone!  Much appreciated.  I have been away over Easter, so hadn't had a chance to see if I can get some clouds happening. Will try now...and then see what gives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xEnviro 1.06 has totally stopped working.  It shows as engaged, but will produce no cloud sets of any kind. Totally clear sky. I wonder if with XP11 RC1,  it stopped working, and I have only noticed in the last few flights.  

Where is the pref file that one could delete....?  What folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if xEnviro 1.06 is not compatible with the W10 Creator Update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over at their support forum, one of the devs mentioned that they've had a few cases of dropped activations with XP11 1.0. Apparently the plugin doesn't tell you if it can't access the server because of an activation problem?

Anyway, you might try uninstalling and re-installing XEnviro to see if that's the problem, because the activation should kick in (or not) at that point. File a ticket on their web site if the problem persists.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Over at their support forum, one of the devs mentioned that they've had a few cases of dropped activations with XP11 1.0. Apparently the plugin doesn't tell you if it can't access the server because of an activation problem?

Anyway, you might try uninstalling and re-installing XEnviro to see if that's the problem, because the activation should kick in (or not) at that point. File a ticket on their web site if the problem persists.

I believe it is the W10 Update Firewall settings.  Not allowing xEnviro to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've discovered exactly what it is:   W10 Creative Update

Creative Update's heightened Firewall Security is not allowing xEnviro plugin to communicate on any port.  I just tried XP10, and the same thing, xEnviro no longer works in that version.

So...it is a W10 C.U. issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2017 at 9:08 AM, gpb500 said:

 

Confirmed...but the servers may not be down...certainly serving up clear skies either way.

You're probably running W10 Creative Update.   I can't get xEviro to display clouds, now in EITHER XP10 or XP11, since updating.  I believe it is the Creative Update enhanced Firewall that is interfering with this program. Until somebody proves me wrong, I'd say that the current version of xEnrio v1.06 and the W10 Creator Update are not compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I've discovered exactly what it is:   W10 Creative Update

Creative Update's heightened Firewall Security is not allowing xEnviro plugin to communicate on any port.  I just tried XP10, and the same thing, xEnviro no longer works in that version.

So...it is a W10 C.U. issue...

Meanwhile, I'm flying high in Windows 10 non-Creator's Update without XE.  Muuuuahahaha. :biggrin:

Seriously though, couldn't it be just as easy to tag XE's exe (say that 5 times fast) as an exception through the firewall, just like you would with Defender and any other anti-virus program?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jimm said:

Meanwhile, I'm flying high in Windows 10 non-Creator's Update without XE.  Muuuuahahaha. :biggrin:

Seriously though, couldn't it be just as easy to tag XE's exe (say that 5 times fast) as an exception through the firewall, just like you would with Defender and any other anti-virus program?

I tried that, Jimm...no go.  It absolutely is non compatible with W10 Creator Update.   I just rolled back, and now have xEnviro v1.6 working perfectly both in XP10 and XP11 with the W10 Anniversary Edition.  I'm sticking with this, by deferring the Creator Update.  It was that, and that alone!

For those that might want to also roll back while you still have the chance (less than 25 days with the C.U. running...), it only takes 5 minutes, and you are back to the Ann Edition.  If you are not getting a working cloud scape with xEnviro, then roll back, and that will take care of the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

For those that might want to also roll back while you still have the chance (less than 25 days with the C.U. running...)

I am following this thread with great interest.  Not sure what you mean by the above statement?  I am running XP11 on Windows 7.  Will I be affected?

Great thread!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PDX Flyer said:

I am following this thread with great interest.  Not sure what you mean by the above statement?  I am running XP11 on Windows 7.  Will I be affected?

Great thread!

How it works, is that when you 'morph' to the next update, the reason that it takes soooooooooooooooo long for the update routines to get you there, is that the routines create all back-ups of your present O.S., so if that should you wish to 'roll back', to a prior version of Windows, those files will be there to copy back, into the Windows Folder, and soon thereafter, you would have your earlier Windows version intact. That is what happened this afternoon. Now, Microsoft only allows about three weeks, time period that you CAN DO THIS...for if you go beyond that...Microsoft assumes that you wish to keep your present Windows version and will then run a auto-routine that will clean all the files that would allow you to roll back to an earlier version.   That's why you need to roll back before around 21 days...before all the files are wiped out and your system cleaned of those histronic files.

It took almost an hour to updape from W10 Ann, to W10 C.U.  When I started the Recovery/rollback routine, it only took literally 5 minutes for the routine to restore my W10 Ann Edition.  Everything post restore, was there just as it was, when I updated to W10 C.U.   You lose nothing, and do not have to reinstall software, or licences.  It was as you left it...and you can carry on.  As soon as I was back at my W10 Ann Desktop, I fired up XP11, and xEnviro v1.06 created the proper cloud-scape for the weather in my area.  All is good now.  I would hope that the xEnviro Devs are aware that their present software is not allowed through the W10 C.U.  FireWall port protection.  I hope they address this somehow....

Post Edit:  You actually only have 10 days to decide to stay with the latest O.S. or to roll back.  I thought it was 21 days.  Nope...just checked my back-up log.  You can roll back 10 days or less....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working fine here with W10CU Mitch, hope it stays that way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Working fine here with W10CU Mitch, hope it stays that way!

Good for you, my friend.  Watch out for those updates, lol!   Both XP10 and 11 with xEnviro, now working fine once more, with W10 Ann Edition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone using Home or Pro?  Or a mix?  Those with Home it works, those with Pro it doesn't?  Vice Versa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gavenger said:

Everyone using Home or Pro?  Or a mix?  Those with Home it works, those with Pro it doesn't?  Vice Versa?

Win10 Pro 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What port is XE trying to use?  Is it excepted in Windows Firewall?  What protocol is it using?  Did you reset your internet router this weekend (probably not, but just checking)?

 

I am at work and can't look at this on my machine.  I just got Creators Update over the weekend but didn't have the time to turn on X-plane yet.  I can test tonight, but I am running Win10 Home on the simulator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this