Recommended Posts

H,i is there a solution for the landing gear? 

 

33367740454_e284e2612f_h.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It appears that this is a X-Plane 10 version. Not all X-Plane 10 aircraft's will work properly on X-Plane 11. You will have to wait for the developer to upgrade the version to X-Plane 11 or send him an email, he may already have a fix. You may want to check here before you purchase any other aircraft; 

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/313-xp11-compatibility-list-aircraft/

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, michelh said:

It appears that this is a X-Plane 10 version. Not all X-Plane 10 aircraft's will work properly on X-Plane 11. You will have to wait for the developer to upgrade the version to X-Plane 11 or send him an email, he may already have a fix. You may want to check here before you purchase any other aircraft; 

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/313-xp11-compatibility-list-aircraft/

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, michelh said:

It appears that this is a X-Plane 10 version. Not all X-Plane 10 aircraft's will work properly on X-Plane 11. You will have to wait for the developer to upgrade the version to X-Plane 11 or send him an email, he may already have a fix. You may want to check here before you purchase any other aircraft; 

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/313-xp11-compatibility-list-aircraft/

 

 

Unfortunately Heinz passed away a year or two ago so the fix will have to come via the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As mentioned above, it's a v10 model and I've noticed others reporting this problem in the .org forum for Heinz's planes. Unfortunately, Heinz is no long with us, so I wouldn't expect a solution any time soon unless someone figures out how to fix this in Planemaker.

Shade Tree Micro Aviation has picked up distribution of Heinz's Beech 18 and has updated it with some minor changes for XP11. I don't know if they're planning to do that with the DC-3. You might try contacting them to find out, but like the Beech 18 that would be a new purchase.

Your other option is the payware Leading Edge Simulations DC-3, which is frankly a much better model compared to the Heinz version that was done many years ago, and never updated. I have both the Heinz DC-3 and the LES DC-3, and while I have a few minor gripes about the latter, there is really no comparison in the cockpit and flight modeling. I think the current status of the LES DC-3 is that it works in XP11 (although I haven't tried it yet), and the developer is currently working on a full V11 update with pbr effects, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, x-plane 123 said:

Unfortunately Heinz passed away a year or two ago so the fix will have to come via the community.

I didn`t know that :( Hopefully there will be a Planemaker guru, who will make a fix for the issues (landing gear, gps).

Unfortunately X-Aviation is not an option for me, because they don`t led me re-download the real sceneries, which i have bought years ago.

So, I only trust the Orgstore. But i keep XP10, so it`s not a loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually working on the Heinz series, to bring it to v11... but I am currently quite busy, so I have to keep my priorities in mind. I've almost finished the warbirds pack, and will take a look at the other planes at a later date... including the DC3, if I have the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

I didn`t know that :( Hopefully there will be a Planemaker guru, who will make a fix for the issues (landing gear, gps).

Unfortunately X-Aviation is not an option for me, because they don`t led me re-download the real sceneries, which i have bought years ago.

So, I only trust the Orgstore. But i keep XP10, so it`s not a loss.

Rubbish.  What's your support ticket number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, danklaue said:

I'm actually working on the Heinz series, to bring it to v11... but I am currently quite busy, so I have to keep my priorities in mind. I've almost finished the warbirds pack, and will take a look at the other planes at a later date... including the DC3, if I have the time.

Great news. I´m looking forward to your work! Of course i don´t expect it to be free. I did read a lot of threads where people asked for the DC3, so it`s not only me who would appreciate an XP11 update.

 

56 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Rubbish.  What's your support ticket number?

 

I quote from my conversation with Cameron. It`s stored on Avsim, so an Admin/Moderator can assure that i don`t post rubbish.

Here is my message, which i wrote because nobody responded to my support ticket:

On 18.2.2017 at 3:37 PM, jt8d9a said:

hello,

 

i did contact you but you didn`t respond to me.

 

Please let me re-download the state of Arizona.

 

I did take a break from Flightsims, but now i`m back and i want to enjoy my purchases.

 

Regards

 

Nils

And that`s the answer from Cameron:

On 18.2.2017 at 3:41 PM, Cameron XA said:

Hi Nils,

 

We do not offer free re-downloads of RealScenery products due to the pay-for-bandwidth servers and fees these products are hosted on.

 

Any other products, as you have experienced, receive a free re-download.

 

Best Regards,

Cameron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

Great news. I´m looking forward to your work! Of course i don´t expect it to be free. I did read a lot of threads where people asked for the DC3, so it`s not only me who would appreciate an XP11 update.

 

 

I quote from my conversation with Cameron. It`s stored on Avsim, so an Admin/Moderator can assure that i don`t post rubbish.

Here is my message, which i wrote because nobody responded to my support ticket:

And that`s the answer from Cameron:

Ok, so, Cameron DID NOT refuse you a new download.  He gave you 1 condition.  Scenery of that size costs money in bandwidth.  X-Aviation have priced all their scenery lower to benefit the customers.  They could have charged more to cover the cost of the bandwidth, but charging less was preferred.  

All you have to do is pay a fee ($5) for a new download, and you can have your scenery back.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That situation with the RealScenery downloads is unfortunate. My personal view is that with today's expectations of broadband access, more than one free re-download of a scenery package should be allowed a paying customer. After all, Laminar allows as many downloads of their 80 GB base scenery as you want, if you're recovering from a HD crash or just re-installing on a different computer. I don't think "we can't afford the bandwidth to fully support the product" is a viable answer in today's market. Just my opinion.

That aside, because we're talking DC-3's here....

We all have to make our own decisions about which retailers we'll support, but our options are still limited with X-Plane. The LES DC-3 is the only more deeply modeled DC-3 available, and X-Aviation is the distributor. With the user base still relatively small in X-Plane, I doubt anyone else is going to tackle this aircraft any time soon. If you want to fly the best DC-3 model in X-Plane, this is the one to get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Different people may do different things.  I do know it costs money to host a file of that size.  The best thing anyone can do is to make backups.  Any developer will tell you that.  It avoids the headaches for everyone.  But back on topic, Nils was WAY out of line saying X-Aviation won't allow a re-download.  Cameron responded, in a respectful way, but that wasn't good enough for Nils.  I can say I have purchased an add on from Dan Klaue at the org store that I lost in a multiple HDD crash.  All my backups were gone.  I emailed x plane.org a few times, and all emails went unanswered.  Chalked it up to a loss and moved on.  Not once have I ranted about it.  IMO, it won't do me any good.  And if Dan wants to talk to me about it, and maybe find a solution or even better, a new download, I'm more than happy to discuss it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Paraffin said:

My personal view is that with today's expectations of broadband access, more than one free re-download of a scenery package should be allowed a paying customer.

Which is precisely one of the problems with perception vs reality. Good bandwidth actually isn't cheap. :)

10 hours ago, Paraffin said:

After all, Laminar allows as many downloads of their 80 GB base scenery as you want, if you're recovering from a HD crash or just re-installing on a different computer.

Laminar and I have had a lot of discussions about this (one again just a few weeks ago, actually. They are constantly monitoring the situation because they too realize that bandwidth is not free. I think it's safe to say that someday, some form of limitation may come about. What that is, who knows. For now it's a wait and see scenario. Laminar is also in a position of knowing they will need a ton of bandwidth (more than any vendor or distributor could purchase) for their updates alone, so what they do is pre-purchase bandwidth on distribution networks at a bulk rate. This equates to MUCH cheaper bandwidth.

Go take a look at Amazon S3. Then, do the math on files that are 30-60GB in size. Then, look at the costs associated to distributing those files over Amazon's CloudFront. You'll quickly realize that in some scenarios your margins diminish VERY quick. Bandwidth is not as cheap as it seems. On aircraft and airports? No problem! We can host those local without much issue and offer unlimited downloads of such. RealScenery is a whole other ballgame. A future product we've looked at has a SINGLE transfer cost of $14 to the customer. That's how much WE would pay to get it in YOUR hands after you get it downloaded. Considering we don't try to kill you on our margins, there's not much room for play after that on these particular products.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have stopped reading the X-Aviation forums for a good reason. Could we please stop to discuss X-Aviation download or activation problems here? Thanks.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ralf Maylin said:

I have stopped reading the X-Aviation forums for a good reason. Could we please stop to discuss X-Aviation download or activation problems here? Thanks.

You've stopped reading X-Pilot?  What's the good reason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.