Sign in to follow this  
alex98

QOTSII update and 748 news?

59 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

Now that the 744 for P3D v4 is out, do you think it might be time to fix that dreaded self-increasing thrust?

I don't know that constantly pestering them about it is going to make them address the issue any faster. They're aware of it, Kyle's told you multiple times that they're aware of it. If it was that simple to fix, I'm sure they would have done it already.

• Upvote 2

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On 4/6/2017 at 8:47 PM, Captain Kevin said:

If it was that simple to fix, I'm sure they would have done it already.

That's just what I am not so sure about...

• Upvote 1

James Goggi

6 hours ago, jgoggi said:

Can I ask a simple question? In your honest opinion, what do you believe is a bigger issue? This issue you keep bringing up time and time again that has been acknowledged countless times and PMDG are working on, or THIS issue?

Right now PMDG are focused on actually getting people flying, rather than something that is relatively minor. 

I'm not Kyle or PMDG, but in all seriousness I think you need to relax over this a bit more and let them do their job, you're not their one and only customer.

And in response to your "it's only computer code" remark, even Boeing, Airbus etc. cannot perfect computer code, and that is on aircraft costing hundreds of millions of $ with people's lives at stake. Keep in mind this is a $100 non commercial product designed to replicate an aircraft that was decades in the making at the cost of billions of $. Perhaps THIS and THIS will refresh your memory (and some reading for you to pass the time till PMDG fix your issue).

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, jgoggi said:

In that case, I'll make this very simple for you. Good chance it's not an easy fix.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

9 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Good chance it's not an easy fix.

To a certain extent I "hope" so, because, as a matter of fact, till now no one from the developers side said anything about the issue BEING fixed. What they say all the time is "ok, we have aknowledged it and it WILL be fixed", as if it is something that WILL be looked into in the future. So it looks like, after 4 months from discovering this issue, they have not even looked into it, yet... That's why I insist on it, because you understand well that a generic "will look into it" after 4 months could be a bit irritating... If after 4 months they said "we ARE looking into it but it's not an easy fix", then I would settle and wait patiently...

• Upvote 1

James Goggi

7 hours ago, jgoggi said:

To a certain extent I "hope" so, because, as a matter of fact, till now no one from the developers side said anything about the issue BEING fixed. What they say all the time is "ok, we have aknowledged it and it WILL be fixed", as if it is something that WILL be looked into in the future. So it looks like, after 4 months from discovering this issue, they have not even looked into it, yet... That's why I insist on it, because you understand well that a generic "will look into it" after 4 months could be a bit irritating... If after 4 months they said "we ARE looking into it but it's not an easy fix", then I would settle and wait patiently...

Kyle has told you multiple times that it is being looked into. The actual code writers and developers are not active members of the board and I’ve never seen them personally reply to acknowledge what they are working on. 

As I said earlier, which you have chosen to ignore, right now PMDG have bigger issues to fix than yours, some people are simply unable to use the aircraft whatsoever in P3D v4. This, along with the FSUIPC v5 issues compatibility, means that your minor issue will have dropped down the priority list somewhat.

I’m not sure I understand what your angle on this is, PMDG are a relatively small company with limited resources. They’re no IBM or Microsoft. They don’t have dedicated people across the globe waiting to respond to you ASAP and fixing issues in short time frames. Further, you seem to also have forgotten that this is not a commercial product, PMDG may have commercial customers who are significantly more important than yourself, like it or not. Their queries and issues will be dealt with first. 

I think once you realise that PMDG are very resource limited and have to prioritise everything that they do, you will understand why your issue may not be fixed overnight. It’s not stopping you from flying the aircraft, if you really don’t like it, shut your eyes during takeoff and reopen them when your airborne and the issue isn’t present. 

11 hours ago, jgoggi said:

It's never a good idea to assume that any fix is going to be an easy fix when it comes to complex computer codes, so I don't know why you think it would be an easy fix. I'm sure they want to get the bugs ironed out as best as they can, but as Chris said in his previous post, they're limited on resources and they have much bigger issues that need to be resolved with the release of Prepar3D V4, given that there are people who have issues preventing them from actually flying the plane altogether.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

It was the same issue on the 777 and they fixed it quickly. I can't think they are not able to fix it, also based on the experience on the 777...

James Goggi

3 hours ago, jgoggi said:

It was the same issue on the 777 and they fixed it quickly. I can't think they are not able to fix it, also based on the experience on the 777...

Different airplane, likely different coding involved. I've told you this multiple times.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

8 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Different airplane, likely different coding involved.

So different that exactly the same issue was ported over to the 747... I don't believe in coincidences...

James Goggi

21 minutes ago, jgoggi said:

So different that exactly the same issue was ported over to the 747... I don't believe in coincidences...

Seriously drop it. If it was a copy paste job do you not think they would've fixed it by now. What reason would PMDG have for NOT fixing the issue? But since you know how to fix it, why don't you fix it for them. Will you ignore this post just like all the others I've posted.

I'm starting to think you're just here to troll. I'm foreseeing a ban over this...

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

I'm starting to think you're just here to troll. I'm foreseeing a ban over this...

You are thinking bad, my friend. I am a professional and been using PMDG airplanes since The Queen v1... A ban? Why? For reporting an issue that ruins the perfection of an airplane and asking for a clue on when it might be fixed? Anyway it's not me who is long-winding this thread. I just asked the developers for a possible info if they would start thinking fixing this issue after releasing the 744 for P3D v4...

James Goggi

1 hour ago, jgoggi said:

You are thinking bad, my friend. I am a professional and been using PMDG airplanes since The Queen v1... A ban? Why? For reporting an issue that ruins the perfection of an airplane and asking for a clue on when it might be fixed? Anyway it's not me who is long-winding this thread. I just asked the developers for a possible info if they would start thinking fixing this issue after releasing the 744 for P3D v4...

You've bumped this thread and continually accuse PMDG of doing nothing over this issue when you or I have no idea what they are doing behind the scenes. As a professional, you would know to not make assumptions with little evidence to back it up, and then make claims based on your assumptions. Please, let this go to bed. A fix will be issued when a fix has been implemented successfully and fully tested.

1 hour ago, jgoggi said:

First - you're clearly harrasing the development staff of PMDG.
Second - you're not accepting the answer "we'll look into it" as a valid answer and keep going on and on about this - I'm sorry to say - relatively minor issue.

I can certainly understand it's an issue, but to be frank isn't it a bit extreme to state that it's ruining the airplane?

Calm down... they'll fix this when they get to it. Badgering and pestering them about it with every chance you get isn't getting it solved any faster... on the contrary I suspect... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 hours ago, jgoggi said:

instead of  posting  multiply  times  on the  same issue  why  don't  you  send  all your  issues   in a support  ticket,  only  way to get  a response  from pmdg   since  they  don't usually  visit the  forum

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg