Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Why Is This Occurring at WIMM?

Recommended Posts

In trying to replicate my very first 747-400 flight on Garuda, in 96, which flew EHAM to Medan Polonia(WIMM), I downloaded a freeware Medan airport from BDOAviation, but so far no response from them as to why this is happening. I'm sure it has to do with a BGL but cannot figure it out, or how to prevent the Ai planes hanging in the air.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/05/08/Medan.jpg

Any assistance, appreciated.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would disable the AFCAD in the MyTraffic/Scenery folder if you have MyTraffic installed.  Still, even doing that does not make sense as your aircraft is properly sitting on the ground.  Still worth a try.

Best regards,

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jim

Thanks for that suggestion. I did think about the My Traffic which I do have, and have edited for other airport add-ons such as from FSDT, Flightbeam. Imaginesim, but as in this instance the aircraft were suspended in the air, I thought maybe it is not MT6 related.

How's the golf coming along? Did not see you at Augusta!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vc10man said:

Hi Jim

Thanks for that suggestion. I did think about the My Traffic which I do have, and have edited for other airport add-ons such as from FSDT, Flightbeam. Imaginesim, but as in this instance the aircraft were suspended in the air, I thought maybe it is not MT6 related.

How's the golf coming along? Did not see you at Augusta!

I think we've discussed this in the past. Anytime you have an addon airport, ALWAYS disable the MTX AFCAD or any other AFCAD that might be in play for that airport.

Remember, aside from the stock AFCAD embedded in FSX, you should not have more than one AFCAD for any addon airports, with the exception that some addon airports come with two AFCADS, one usually being blank and just used for elevation correction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had this to in some airports around Europe, even default ones, seemed FTX Vector was the culprit, find out with ADE which tile the airport is on and disable the same in FTX Vector exclusions, this one would be on 7430.

Herman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried another free airport developer?

 

http://aviabee.com/scenery/version/fsx?page=2

 

I used to simulate flights in the area, PMDG 737 Lionair routes, and do not remember on my old fsx install if I got the BDO Aviation one fixed, or used this aviabee scenery instead. Try that

In my old age my memory is failing. I do not remember if the BDO scenery needed a flattent alt file, or if conflicting files from the default scenery had to be disabled. The Aviabee looks more up to date it has a patch for it also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2017 at 7:06 AM, cmpbellsjc said:

I think we've discussed this in the past. Anytime you have an addon airport, ALWAYS disable the MTX AFCAD or any other AFCAD that might be in play for that airport.

Remember, aside from the stock AFCAD embedded in FSX, you should not have more than one AFCAD for any addon airports, with the exception that some addon airports come with two AFCADS, one usually being blank and just used for elevation correction.

I did that and the 'aircraft hanging in the air' still remains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2017 at 7:53 AM, electricman said:

Had this to in some airports around Europe, even default ones, seemed FTX Vector was the culprit, find out with ADE which tile the airport is on and disable the same in FTX Vector exclusions, this one would be on 7430.

Herman

Don't have any Orbx installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2017 at 2:07 PM, 777200lrf said:

Have you tried another free airport developer?

 

http://aviabee.com/scenery/version/fsx?page=2

 

I used to simulate flights in the area, PMDG 737 Lionair routes, and do not remember on my old fsx install if I got the BDO Aviation one fixed, or used this aviabee scenery instead. Try that

In my old age my memory is failing. I do not remember if the BDO scenery needed a flattent alt file, or if conflicting files from the default scenery had to be disabled. The Aviabee looks more up to date it has a patch for it also.

Thanks for that suggestion. Will try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a newer airport so the terrain is not flattened for an airport and the developer scenery you use does not include it, or you did not install it correctly. Try that aviabee scenery instead, I think I ended up using Aviabee in my past fsx acceleration install and did not have any problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you maybe have a file with WIMM in the line in your FSX/scenery/world/scenery folder? if so disable that then.

Herman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks gents.

Going to try that Aviabee suggestion and will report back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, electricman said:

Do you maybe have a file with WIMM in the line in your FSX/scenery/world/scenery folder? if so disable that then.

Herman

No WIMM in that location.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/05/2017 at 2:07 PM, 777200lrf said:

Have you tried another free airport developer?

 

http://aviabee.com/scenery/version/fsx?page=2

 

I used to simulate flights in the area, PMDG 737 Lionair routes, and do not remember on my old fsx install if I got the BDO Aviation one fixed, or used this aviabee scenery instead. Try that

In my old age my memory is failing. I do not remember if the BDO scenery needed a flattent alt file, or if conflicting files from the default scenery had to be disabled. The Aviabee looks more up to date it has a patch for it also.

Just installed that Aviabee airport. Still have floating aircraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 08/05/2017 at 7:53 AM, electricman said:

find out with ADE

How do I use ADE which I have just installed to find the culprit? It looks so overpowering to use

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Open the stock WIMM ( file/open stock airport/ search by ICAO ), then when opend go to file/ airport properties and look at the altitude ( mine says 90ft for WIMM ), close the stock airport and go to the addon airport ( iopen airport from .bgl ) and go to your WIMM addon scenery/scenery folder, there should be a .bgl file with WIMM in the name and one with CVX and WIMM in the name, click on the first to open it and check the same way, probably the altitude is going to be different ( lower is my guess ), if so then go to tools/ change airport reference data and change the altitude to that of the default one, then click on "compile" and overwrite the one in your addon scenery. ADE will warn you about the CVX, let it delete that and make a new one.

After all that, don't forget to add the airport to your my traffic software , don't have that so look it up or ask someone who has that to on how to add airports.

Don't forget for ADE to work you need SDK installed to, look in the manual and online help files from scruffy duck.

Herman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Herman

Many thanks for your Tutorial on how to use ADE. Really appreciate it.

  • Okay, stock airport WIMM matches the altitude as yours
  • Add-on airport Kualanamu which I downloaded from the recommended link in this thread, but when I follow your instructions and open the Airport From BGL, and go to where you have suggested, there are 6 CVX_WIMM_tfc1-6.BGL entries listed and everyone I clicked on, threw up the message----'this file does not contain an airport. ADE will not load it'
  • Then listed are several BGL files---------
  • WIMM_ADEX_Land_RL.BGL------------------------no error message
  • WIMM_ADEX_RL_BGL-------------------------------no error message
  • WIMM_ADEX_RL.CVX.bgl----------------------------'this file does not............
  • WIMM_ADEX_RL_OBJ.BGL--------------------------'this file does not...........
  • WIMM_palm.BGL---------------------------------------'this file does not..............
  • WIMM_SCASM.bgl--------------------------------------'this file does not...................
  • WIMM_TMN.BGL----------------------------------------'this file does not--------------
  • All this when following File/Open Airport from Bgl.

I hope this information will help you to assist me further, and thank you in advance for your troubles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

don't know why there are 2 on top? does the airport have a photoreal background? and do they both open and show the whole of the airport?

My guess is on the second in the list, what altitude you read there in the airport properties? also you could try to disable the first one by simply adding a .off extension after the bgl ( looks like this ....bgl.off ) this way that one won't be renderd by the sim and then see what you get in the sim, look for stuff missing or so.

Herman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Herman

Again, thanks. Are you referring to:WIMM_ADEX_Land_RL.BGL & WIMM_ADEX_RL_BGL, when you say '2 on top'?

I have just fired up FSX-SE, went to WIMM, and it was that Kualanamu Add-on Airprot that opened up, and where in my previous post I reported seeing planes still hanging in the air, now, I do not seem to have that issue no more. So, do I leave things be, or do I still disable the 1st one on the list?

On the 2nd WIMM_ADEX_RL_BGL, on the Airport Properties, I see 23 ft

Yes, I do see a photoreal background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the issue is gone then leave things alone, no reason to mess with it then.Herman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Herman

Thanks for that endorsement. Thought as much.

Thanks for all your help. Happy flights!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this