Sign in to follow this  
Stefan888

Question about 747-8 options

Hello PDMG I have one small question.

Will the new 747-8 include electronic flight bag as option and will it incloude airport map on navigation display?

The post from 2015 says that the bird will encloude majority of things that Boeing offers,so just wondering will it incloude this features.

Thanks in advance for replies :laugh: 

Probably not, as to license the required data from Boeing and the navigation providers would be cost-prohibitive. I could perhaps see this being offered to their commercial (airline) customers but they have said before that it would push the price into the thousands per copy for us...

What are the differences between a commercial electronic fligh bag and the facilties offered currenly by Aivlasoft EFB and the forthcoming next version of Navigraph Charts?:smile:

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

36 minutes ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

What are the differences between a commercial electronic fligh bag and the facilties offered currenly by Aivlasoft EFB and the forthcoming next version of Navigraph Charts?:smile:

Performance data and other calculations. Chart coverage. Chart frequency. You name it.

There's a reason professional charting services cost an arm and a leg, and sim resources generally don't. Add in licensing performance data for that kind of use...?

Kyle Rodgers

Aivlasoft EFB uses navigraph data and scenery afcad data, direct from the sim, not the published real world data. There is no performance calculation and so on either.

Hi Wes,

An EFB would still be desirable with an equivalent of TOPER available within it:rolleyes:

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Does anyone else put a laptop/tablet next to their sim and use that for an EFB?  I sort of find that a bit more "realistic" than panning down to look at a virtual EFB?

Cheers,

Rudy

I was really hoping for a performance calculator too, it is all too bad to rely on Topcat and Toper all the time, not even mentioning that none of these support the -8 and -8F variants.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

1 hour ago, kityatyi said:

I was really hoping for a performance calculator too, it is all too bad to rely on Topcat and Toper all the time, not even mentioning that none of these support the -8 and -8F variants.

Yep even the pfpx dosent have the profile for 747-8

There should be performance charts in the manuals - just use those. All these new automatic calculation features really do spoil people...

1 hour ago, serviceceiling said:

There should be performance charts in the manuals - just use those. All these new automatic calculation features really do spoil people...

I think "should be" is a little hopeful, I would not want to pay the prices that Boeing wants for that intellectual property and this is the only reason we only have what little we get with the PMDG products.  PMDG of course has paid for a copy but not for distribution, and I think they would like to create a performance calculator for their products but I wouldn't expect it to be a free addon.  Add this to the wish list along with updated products and a JS41 for P3D.

Dan Downs KCRP