After buying the plugin today I have come to a conclusion that XPRealistic is simply a must buy plugin. It is definitely worth a buy, if not a must. G-Force effects work great and are natural. Sounds do add more immersion into the sim but I mostly bought it because of the G-Force ( Way way ahead of Headshake ) effects and Heading and Roll anticipations.

Now sadly for the latter there is a problem if you're using Opentrack. If you have the anticipations turned on you will not be able to move left/right and roll your head. You can still pitch up or down. I already submitted this bug and I have no idea if TrackIR users suffer the same fate. So if you use OpenTrack the best option is to disable it.

I encourage people to try it:

http://store.x-plane.org/XPRealistic-Pro_p_626.html

I'm no way affiliated with the plugin or the developer. I'm just trying to spread the word around.

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Pretty awesome plugin ! Good buy ! I don't care for the camera anticipations since it disables my mouse view.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, strider1 said:

Pretty awesome plugin ! Good buy ! I don't care for the camera anticipations since it disables my mouse view.

I'm sure this will get patched pretty soon. I really like to have my view centered when the plane is turning so I really like this feature.

I do like the view to move to the turning side and find it not realistic when centered if turning. When I drive a car I look to the turning side.

Just now, warbirds said:

I do like the view to move to the turning side and find it not realistic when centered if turning. When I drive a car I look to the turning side.

Well we each have our own preferences that's why there are options ;)

You can easily disable those features if you desire.

54 minutes ago, hamoody said:

How is this different from the freeware Headshake plugin aside from the sounds it adds? 

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/20955-headshake-camera-plugin-lin-win-mac/

The G-Force effects are much better meaning they feel very natural. I never liked the G-Gorce effects of Headshake. It also adds cockpit shaking for various effects which increases the feeling of actually sitting in the cockpit.

Yes, bought this today. The g force effects are pretty good and having the airframe shake on engine start and throttle up is great. The sound enhancements for engine, airflow and weather effects are rather good too. There are some good aerodynamic effects and rumbles as gear and flaps are deployed and overall brings something a bit extra to the sim. Plenty of config options that are aircraft specific and you can decide which aircraft  a you want it to activate on. It's fairly cheap too so I'd definitely recommend it as well.

Chris

• Upvote 2

Yes seconded by me, really adds to the immersion of the sim. Fantastic features for the price. Had a bit of a windy approach coming into EGPE and actually felt a bit nervous! Ace plugin, recommended.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, luckyswede said:

Is this just a GA plug-in, or is it as good for the airliners also?

Both.

I also got XPRealistic, great plug-in but it does have a few bugs. I have contacted the developer and he is aware of the bugs and it will be fix soon with the next version.

Denco, it as GA and Jet default settings.

Watch this video:

This add-on reminds me of Accufeel for FSX. I can't wait to check it out.

I might need help with X-Camera since it's recommended.

X-Camera it self is pretty easy and straightforward once you dwell into the basics. Also I encourage everyone who likes it to donate something to mark for creating X-Camera. You can donate as much or as little as you wan't.

Yes DJJose, XPRealistic is similar to Accufeel . The developer said he will be adding more features in the future . Also X-Camera is a must and make sure you donate.

• Upvote 1

I wonder how well it works without X-Camera?  X-Planes default camera system works great for me.  Also hope the developer makes XPRealistic it's own plugin that not require FlyWithLua in the future.

With the latest version of XPRealistic, it work very well with x-camera. Make sure you read  the pdf manual especially the joystick hat part.

Happy flying.