Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Prepar3D V4 addons compatibility list

Just tested Plan-G, seems to work fine and will connect to P3Dv4 as long as you use FSUIPC rather than simconnect (which fails) - this bodes rather well for older programs that aren't going to be updated but use FSUIPC.

Only seems to scan the traditional scenery.cfg, so any scenery using the new add-ons folder will obviously not be picked up.

On the subject of no longer updated software - Radar Contact v4 also appears functional once FSUIPC5 is installed, and an updated version of makerunways lets it pull data from P3Dv4 with the same limitations as Plan-G for now.  It currently does not appear in it's own text box, but hijacks the notification area at the top of the screen instead - not perfect, but definitely usable! :)  Pete Dowson has stated that a further updated version of makerunways should be released at a future (unannounced) date to work with the new add-on structure.

Mark Fox

Mark Fox

8 hours ago, evaamo said:

source please?

Virtually every airport works from Aerosoft in v4. Some exceptions. EGLL is there but grass is in place of all the pavement. That may be a height issue.  Dutch ariports and German Airports 3 work. I installed numerous of them yesterday. Look great.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

16 hours ago, holi said:

Just as info,

all Airport from Aerosoft are not kompatible with V4, and they published that they will not do the updates in the near future if any.

I have numerous Aerosoft sceneries running fine in V4.

Ill be putting up a list of what i have that works fine in my install later tonight.

off the top of my head...Ibiza, La Palma, Menorca, Madiera(Lpps doesnt), Bali,Tromso, Rome, Milan Linate there are a few more.

I have trsted all these and no obvious issues and appear perfectly usable.

Quite a few sceneries have runway texture issues with missing runway/taxiway textures like EGLL, Fairbanks, Anchorage. Several crash the sim..Alta, Aspen.

Lots of sceneries are working no issue Aerosoft included.

Darren Howie

I would say only a few Aerosoft airports work correctly. Unfortunately. Errors in the ground layerings, i.e. no taxiways, pavements etc. are are a no-go. Reason is the backward compatibility of v4 is lost for the ancient FS9 / SDK2002 code, which is present in a lot of the older sceneries. However, I have also learned that even the new EDDF v2 does not work correctly, also not the recently updated EDDS, EDDH, and EDLW.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hi @ll,

as it is freeware, I hope that it is OK if I add my Live Traffic app to the list :

Best regards

• Upvote 1

LORBY-SI

On 02/06/2017 at 4:32 PM, Boomer said:

Don't think you need worry about a sim starter type app with 64 bit memory access now...?

For me it's always been a start-up time issue. I've got around 6tb of scenery or various sorts, which leads to long load times. Looking forward to the new simstarter.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Here is a listing of the airports i have working CORRECTLY in V4. I will also list those NOT working ie missing taxiways etc from my trial and error then checking around the fields.

Working

All Flytampa,FSDT,Flightbeam 29 Palms Latin VFR KSNA, Pacsim RPLL,RCTP,KSLC, WI Narita, JustSIm EDDH,ELLX,LEBL,LFMN, Others DrezD KDCA Pacsim KCMI, Dig design EDDP and LOWS and the new ZSSS.

All UK2000 stuff i have EGLL,EGCC,EGLC not working.

Aerosoft WORKING ie displaying fine no missing stuff working OK.

To make it 100% absolutely clear i have tested them in MY V4 install and they work...

Working fine...Kathmandu, Bali, Rome, Milan LINATE, Menorca, LEPA, Ibiza,Tromso, Madiera(LPPS is not working LPMA ok but approach strobes are not working airport itself rendered fine),

Not working (Fairbanks EGLL, Gibraltar and Anchorage all missing runway/taxiway textures, Lord Howe Island(Mesh Autogen issues), Lukla, Alta, Aspen.

Thats my list hopefully people can add to what we have...

• Upvote 2

Darren Howie

On 6/2/2017 at 3:32 AM, Boomer said:

Don't think you need worry about a sim starter type app with 64 bit memory access now...?

"Who's gonna need more than 640K?" Bill Gates

Expanded Memory Manager

Quarterdeck QEMM

C:\pagefile.sys (is that the right name?)

Windows 286/386

Windows 3.0

Windows 95, 98 (both flavors) ... Win10

And I have no doubt programmers will try to fill all the RAM allotted to a 64bit program.

• Upvote 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

3 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

And I have no doubt programmers will try to fill all the RAM allotted to a 64bit program.

Difference is, filling 16 Exabytes is gonna take a while.

• Upvote 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

4 hours ago, DEHowie said:

I have numerous Aerosoft sceneries running fine in V4.

Ill be putting up a list of what i have that works fine in my install later tonight.

off the top of my head...Ibiza, La Palma, Menorca, Madiera(Lpps doesnt), Bali,Tromso, Rome, Milan Linate there are a few more.

I have trsted all these and no obvious issues and appear perfectly usable.

Quite a few sceneries have runway texture issues with missing runway/taxiway textures like EGLL, Fairbanks, Anchorage. Several crash the sim..Alta, Aspen.

Lots of sceneries are working no issue Aerosoft included.

A quick question: do the runway lights work in P3D4 for these Aerosoft airports? I recall there were issues with the runway lights on an earlier P3d version.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

1 hour ago, DEHowie said:

Here is a listing of the airports i have working CORRECTLY in V4. I will also list those NOT working ie missing taxiways etc from my trial and error then checking around the fields.

Working

All Flytampa,FSDT,Flightbeam 29 Palms Latin VFR KSNA, Pacsim RPLL,RCTP,KSLC, WI Narita, JustSIm EDDH,ELLX,LEBL,LFMN, Others DrezD KDCA Pacsim KCMI, Dig design EDDP and LOWS and the new ZSSS.

All UK2000 stuff i have EGLL,EGCC,EGLC not working.

Aerosoft WORKING ie displaying fine no missing stuff working OK.

To make it 100% absolutely clear i have tested them in MY V4 install and they work...

Working fine...Kathmandu, Bali, Rome, Milan LINATE, Menorca, LEPA, Ibiza,Tromso, Madiera(LPPS is not working LPMA ok but approach strobes are not working airport itself rendered fine),

Not working (Fairbanks EGLL, Gibraltar and Anchorage all missing runway/taxiway textures, Lord Howe Island(Mesh Autogen issues), Lukla, Alta, Aspen.

Thats my list hopefully people can add to what we have...

A good amount of UK2000 scenery (other than EGLL v3 which crashes regardless - v1/v2 will work) will work as long as you don't load the UK2000 Common Library.

Mark Fox

Just went over to Drzewiecki's website. A statement has been released regarding the V4 upgrade:

"Several days ago a new flight simulation platform has been released - Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4. The main change is a 64-bit architecture. We are currently working on providing you upgraded installers compatible with the new sim asap. New installers will be provided for free!"

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=394

This is a good addition to the comprehensive list OP has created.

1 hour ago, AviatorMan said:

A quick question: do the runway lights work in P3D4 for these Aerosoft airports? I recall there were issues with the runway lights on an earlier P3d version.

No probs so far..just link them from your P3D V3 location with the scenery library installer in V4 you dont need to do fresh installs..you can test all you like...

Darren Howie

Anyone heard anything about FSimStudios? I purchased New Orleans, but there's nothing mentioned on their website.

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

i7 13700k 3.4ghz MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz Windows 11 Pro (23H2) Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.11 LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved