seahawks

How to open the main cargo door 777F?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

First of all thanks PMDG for this beautiful aircraft.

My question today, is How to open the Main Cargo Door 777F.

 In FS Action on CDU the command for this door doesn't work..no action. (I have electric power.)

OK with the key commands option I have programmed Shift T for this command.

Thanks for info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,

The main deck cargo door is powered by the ground handling bus which is supplied by either the APU or the primary external power. Are you sure that you have the primary external power connected (or both) and not only the secondary one?

Which electrical source is supplying the aircraft when you try to open the main deck cargo door?

And by the way, full names are required in each of your posts by forum rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Budbud said:

And by the way, full names are required in each of your posts by forum rules.

Hi

Thank you for this non-constructive response.
First, do not take people for idiots. I'm retired from French airlines as a captain on 767 (More than 40000 flight hours). If I say it does not work it's not working.
That's all.-----------------------------------------------Yes sir, I have all the electrical  sources ground or APU that it

And by the way, full names are required in each of your posts by forum rules.

My name is Domm and you ? Budbud???? like Budweiser   ????

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Domm - the easy way to have full names in the PMDG posts is to put your name in your sig - Bubud's name is Romain Roux.

I've never been a commercial pilot, nor a pilot of any real aeroplane until last year when I began to fly gliders, so I salute your knowledge of the 767 and aviation in general. However, I don't think Romain was treating you like an idiot, he was merely asking questions to ascertain how you might be trying to open the door of this simulated plane. In fact he may not have known about your previous career.

Could the 777 be sufficiently different from the 767 in how its systems operate the cargo door?

Regarding the simulator - if you're using FSX then would the usual SHIFT - E then 2 open the door? Or does PMDG disable such quick and dirty commands, or use custom logic?

Are you running another add-on in the sim such as GSX? I'm sure I read somewhere about GSX having trouble recognising PMDG animation states.

 

Good luck anyway.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, seahawks said:

Hi

Thank you for this non-constructive response.
First, do not take people for idiots. I'm retired from French airlines as a captain on 767 (More than 40000 flight hours). If I say it does not work it's not working.
That's all.-----------------------------------------------Yes sir, I have all the electrical  sources ground or APU that it

And by the way, full names are required in each of your posts by forum rules.

My name is Domm and you ? Budbud???? like Budweiser   ????

Hi Domm,

Very nice and kind way to answer to someone trying to help you! No I did not call you idiot I was just trying to rule out any possible mistake.

I don't you or your knowledge so rule out any possibility oversight is part of a troubleshooting.

Now looking at the way you rejected my attempt to help, be sure that I will carefully make a point of not considering anymore any of your future request for help.

And by the way my name is Romain Roux as you can see it in my signature, and would should have a read at the forum rules.

Having a super knowledge of an aircraft doesn't prevent one from being polite!

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Budbud said:

Hi Domm,

Very nice and kind way to answer to someone trying to help you! No I did not call you idiot I was just trying to rule out any possible mistake.

I don't you or your knowledge so rule out any possibility oversight is part of a troubleshooting.

Now looking at the way you rejected my attempt to help, be sure that I will carefully make a point of not considering anymore any of your future request for help.

And by the way my name is Romain Roux as you can see it in my signature, and would should have a read at the forum rules.

Having a super knowledge of an aircraft doesn't prevent one from being polite!

Spot-on ++1

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, seahawks said:

Hi

Thank you for this non-constructive response.
First, do not take people for idiots. I'm retired from French airlines as a captain on 767 (More than 40000 flight hours). If I say it does not work it's not working.
That's all.-----------------------------------------------Yes sir, I have all the electrical  sources ground or APU that it

And by the way, full names are required in each of your posts by forum rules.

My name is Domm and you ? Budbud???? like Budweiser   ????

Looks like your having  trouble  reading  the English  language,  doesn't  matter if  you have  1 hour  or  5000  hours you were given  sound  advice  by "Romain" and than you  replied  by  your  own  post, if the post  didn't solve  your  issue  than submit  a support  ticket  in.  As  per  the forum  rules  you need  too add  your  full name   to each of your post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Budbud said:

Hi Domm,

Very nice and kind way to answer to someone trying to help you! No I did not call you idiot I was just trying to rule out any possible mistake.

I don't you or your knowledge so rule out any possibility oversight is part of a troubleshooting.

Now looking at the way you rejected my attempt to help, be sure that I will carefully make a point of not considering anymore any of your future request for help.

And by the way my name is Romain Roux as you can see it in my signature, and would should have a read at the forum rules.

Having a super knowledge of an aircraft doesn't prevent one from being polite!

Romain, you have been doing a great job helping out the PMDG community. Just to say thank you, Sir, your efforts are appreciated.

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pedrotrindade said:

Romain, you have been doing a great job helping out the PMDG community. Just to say thank you, Sir, your efforts are appreciated.

Thanks Pedro, that's very kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Romain, rest assured that 99% of us who have read your posts have found them to be anything but informative, constructive and helpful. Please do not change. In fact, speaking for myself, solely, I have gleaned so much off your posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rick,

Thanks very much for your kind words.

In fact I will keep trying to help as much as I can on this forum. I will just keep away from "Domm"'s future posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do very much the same with another negative poster with the handle of a 'bird'. Other than that I will not say more.

How's the PPL coming along? How many hours have you acquired 'under your wings' now? Good Luck with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, vc10man said:

How's the PPL coming along? How many hours have you acquired 'under your wings' now? Good Luck with it.

Thanks.

I have flown 17 hours so far, trying to find the good time to fly according to my job schedule but the slowest to go is the theory. 

Damn why is it so hard to memorize all the knowledge related to VFR? :biggrin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pedrotrindade said:

Romain, you have been doing a great job helping out the PMDG community. Just to say thank you, Sir, your efforts are appreciated.

 

3 hours ago, vc10man said:

Romain, rest assured that 99% of us who have read your posts have found them to be anything but informative, constructive and helpful. Please do not change. In fact, speaking for myself, solely, I have gleaned so much off your posts.

I couldn't agree more!  I always find your posts very helpful, thoughtful and polite. 

Congratulations on pursuing your PPL!  Please keep us updated on your progress.

Best,

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Mike,

I really appreciate your words!

You along with the other persons who posted their support above are among the guys would make me love the PMDG community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now