Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

RealAir Turbine Duke V2 in Prepar3d V4

My RASLegacyV2_P3D_Install.exe dates back to 11.10.2016.

Is this the latest version available?

Thanks,

Dirk.

2 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

My RASLegacyV2_P3D_Install.exe dates back to 11.10.2016.

Is this the latest version available?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Dirk,

You have to request the latest install from Sean.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

12 hours ago, DJJose said:

Dirk,

You have to request the latest install from Sean.

Jose

Where we do that?

I have the same file from January 24, 2016. Almost 284MB.

PS: here.

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

I got the new installer and everything looks good.. excpet...

Whenever i load the duke P3D v4 freezes and then CTD.

Any ideas why?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:36 AM, Cavemanhead said:

Any more on this???  Looking for clear, easy directions on how to get the Turbine Duke II to install in P3DV4...

Have you downloaded the new V4 installer?
http://realairsimulations.net/ scroll to bottom of page.

On 8/4/2017 at 1:52 AM, Quasar07 said:

It really does not take so much to put the GTN750 / 650 GPS in this video looks like doing it very easily
Greetings.

Reviving an old thread

does anyone know why the config edits aren't working for me?  I've got two accounts on my win7 install.  Originally one was a admin account and another not.  But i made the second account admin now.  UAC disabled for both.

i can install the Legacy in P3D v4 with the Dawson sound gauge and it shows up fine.  But the default gps500 is all I get even with the edits shown.  Is Irma something to do with my second Windows account?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Reviving an old thread

does anyone know why the config edits aren't working for me?  I've got two accounts on my win7 install.  Originally one was a admin account and another not.  But i made the second account admin now.  UAC disabled for both.

i can install the Legacy in P3D v4 with the Dawson sound gauge and it shows up fine.  But the default gps500 is all I get even with the edits shown.  Is Irma something to do with my second Windows account?

Ryan,

I got this procedure from Sean. it is for the turbine duke but works for the Legacy as well.

"To fix the GTN detection in the config panel, try this:

Right click on the "Turbine Duke V2 P3D4" desktop icon. Choose "Open file location". Then navigate to "Autoplay\Files" and open the "config.ini" file. Near the top of this file you'll see the line:

ignoreGtnDetect=0

Change that line to:

ignoreGtnDetect=1

Then save and close the file. Now when you start the config, it should give you all GTN options. I'll modify the next installer so it sets this value by default.

All the best,

Sean"

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

1 hour ago, gregmorin said:

Ryan,

I got this procedure from Sean. it is for the turbine duke but works for the Legacy as well.

"To fix the GTN detection in the config panel, try this:

Right click on the "Turbine Duke V2 P3D4" desktop icon. Choose "Open file location". Then navigate to "Autoplay\Files" and open the "config.ini" file. Near the top of this file you'll see the line:

ignoreGtnDetect=0

Change that line to:

ignoreGtnDetect=1

Then save and close the file. Now when you start the config, it should give you all GTN options. I'll modify the next installer so it sets this value by default.

All the best,

Sean"

Greg

I'll give it a try thanks

edit:  Did not work. are you using the legacy p3d v4 or v3 installer?  Im using the original legacy v2 for p3d v3 installer.  Ive also tried installing to the main admin account.  It's not reading anything from the config files...  Meaning I see the default GPS500 in the panel.  It's weird -  because p3d v4 asks if i want to enable the legacy when it starts ( so its clearly reading from the p3d v4 addon files directory, but it wont take any config.ini options (which all reside in the enabled aircraft folder)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'll give it a try thanks

edit:  Did not work. are you using the legacy p3d v4 or v3 installer?  Im using the original legacy v2 for p3d v3 installer.  Ive also tried installing to the main admin account.  It's not reading anything from the config files...

Ryan,

I used the P3DV3 installer pointed at P3DV4.1. It did work for me. I did install the Real Air aircraft in the P3DV4.1 root folder.ere is the top of my .ini file.

[App]
ignoreFsWarning=1
ignoreRxpDetect=0
ignoreGtnDetect=1
p3dVersion=2
FSROOTPATH=F:\Prepar3DV4

Legacyini.jpg

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Maybe its not working because im using the addon files method... will try to put in the p3d v4 root simobjects folder like the old days

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Installing the legacy (p3d v3 installer here) to the P3D v4 simobjects folder worked!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Simple fix. run the VFX central if you have it and in the preferences there is an registry editor, point the p3d v3 path to the p3d v4 folder and you will have the units available to select.

I think the installer for the Tubine Duke V2 is fine now, I re-installed it after my P3D v4.2 updates and it works fine and with the GTN 750 even.   :)