ricka47

Saitek Switch & Multi Panels in V4

Recommended Posts

I had my switch panel and multi panel working fine in version 3 (without SPAD) and then switched to XP11.  Well, now I switched back (yes indeed, crazy) and cannot get the panels to work again. Has anyone had any luck with v4?

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It works well for me do you still have an issue with it. The developer will be releasing the Lvar bridge update this weekend but everything else works except buttons or switches assigned with Lvars. Also the latest text to speech  assignments add a new level of great feedback

 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post

I have a suite of Saitek stuff. Yoke, rudder pedals, trim wheel, throttles and switch panel.

I can not get the switch panel to work. Downloaded the new drivers and still nothing. The switch panel is the one with the lights, starter, landing gear, avionics masters.

Don't know what to do at this point. But would love a solution.

Bryan

Share this post


Link to post

Have not been able to get Saitek Panels running with v.4, using SPAD driver with v.2 & v.3 with no issue. SPAD Program starts & stops with v.4 but receive Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range. Copied exe.xml file in v.3 & placed in v.4.

Tks, erv
 

Share this post


Link to post

You have the latest SPAD.next not old SPAD installed and are having issues?

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, joepoway said:

You have the latest SPAD.next not old SPAD installed and are having issues?

Joe

Hey Joe, should I be trying SPAD, I have never needed it but perhaps its the way to go.

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Hey Joe, should I be trying SPAD, I have never needed it but perhaps its the way to go.

Since all my controls and panels are Saitek I wouldn't live without it. The developer quit working to focus on it and does a great job. I use it with P3D v3 and now v4 plus X Plane 11 and it auto loads the correct profiles you have established. If you like working with Lvars (local variables) it is fully capable also I use it with Voice Attack. Recently he added text to speech assignments for any switch, button, or knob to give custom feedback. So it's as easy or throughly advanced to customize as you like. It is a payware add on now but worth twice the price. He is also starting to branch out beyond Saitek devices to Go Flight and other joy sticks.

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Since all my controls and panels are Saitek I wouldn't live without it. The developer quit working to focus on it and does a great job. I use it with P3D v3 and now v4 plus X Plane 11 and it auto loads the correct profiles you have established. If you like working with Lvars (local variables) it is fully capable also I use it with Voice Attack. Recently he added text to speech assignments for any switch, button, or knob to give custom feedback. So it's as easy or throughly advanced to customize as you like. It is a payware add on now but worth twice the price. He is also starting to branch out beyond Saitek devices to Go Flight and other joy sticks.

Joe

Thanks for the answer....I will look into this now.  I want my multi switch to work.

Also, I have all these sims as well. New to XP11 as well and have just started to building...there are tons of great addons, my bandwidth is taking a killing.

Share this post


Link to post

Just spent 3 days getting my switch panel, radio panel and autopilot to work.  In the end, I needed to grab Spad.neXt and the new fsuipc to get everything to finally work. 

Couldnt get any output to the saitek screens until i installed FSUIPC. 

Now it appears to sync nicely to the displays in the sim, and all buttons work.

Im only using the A2A C172 to test at the moment. 

However the main point is they do work, with a bit of messing about.

 

Cowboy10uk

Share this post


Link to post

Hi 

Are all of you running on Win 10 ? 

For the life of me I cannot get the Multiswitch panel/switch panel running in P3D 

I can get the test utility to light up the buttons,switches etc but when I go into the simulator they are dead as a Dodo 

im also using an USB management utility to enable/disable the power USB management in Win 10 but absolutely no joy 

Win 7 ... I didn't have a problem at all 

Paul 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm on Windows 10, no problems with my Saitek panels. Like Joe I'm using SPAD.next

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, laserit said:

I'm on Windows 10, no problems with my Saitek panels. Like Joe I'm using SPAD.next

Yes with Win 10 and SPAD.next and I don't even have FSUIPC5 installed yet

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Yes with Win 10 and SPAD.next and I don't even have FSUIPC5 installed yet

Joe

They worked great pre FSUIPC5 and they work great post FSUIPC5 ;)

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all,

I am having the same problem in P3D v4.1.  My Saitek switch panel does not work.  I got the SPAD.neXt trial and the switch panel has worked fine, but that trial is almost up.  I was wondering if anyone might know of a way to get the saitek switch panel to work in P3D v4.1 without SPAD.neXt.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now