Sign in to follow this  
Jim Harnes

iFly 737NG for P3Dv4 Released

I'm sure they will have the V4 PMDG 737 out pretty quickly, probably even moreso now the iFly one is out there. Sure, some people will get both, but not everyone will, so the longer they leave it, the more sales they may potentially lose to the iFly one, especially when there aren't exactly tons of compatible V4 airliners available at the moment. Although having said that, the iFly one came out for FSX first as well, and that didn't harm sales of the PMDG one too much as I recall.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

There was a brief window where people like me bought and flew the FSX iFly. Then the NGX came out, and the iFly buzz disappeared.

There's some iFly fans around here, and it's certainly keenly priced with the discount. However, the NGX is perhaps the most beloved plane of the current generation, so I suspect that there will be a lot more people flying that 737 in P3D v4 once available, despite the price difference. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Did anybody use a performance tweak for iFly737? I recall there was some problematic texture used in their glass or displays and vanilla pmdg737 ran better FPS than iFly because of it.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Edited by Dirk98

3 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

The v4 is already out and you can purchase it now.  If you already own the v3 version, the v4 version is a free upgrade.

What if I don't own the v3 option yet but buy it now? I'm not ready to jump to p3dv4 just yet.

Eric 

Do not bother. Performance is bad in V4. I get heavy lag at KJFK, otherwise F-22 raptor or pmdg run smoothly..

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

You don't actually buy a licence for 'the P3D V4 version of the iFly 737', what you buy is a licence for 'The 737NG for Prepar3D', so when you have bought it, it's up to you which P3D version(s) you download and install. If you wanted to, you could download all four P3D sim versions, since you're bought a licence for all of them (i.e. P3D V1.4, V2, V3 and V4)

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

3 minutes ago, Chock said:

You don't actually buy a licence for 'the P3D V4 version of the iFly 737', what you buy is a licence for 'The 737NG for Prepar3D', so when you have bought it, it's up to you which P3D version(s) you download and install. If you wanted to, you could download all four P3D sim versions, since you're bought a licence for all of them (i.e. P3D V1.4, V2, V3 and V4)

I am having bad performance, is haven't you got it too?

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

It's not exactly butter-smooth in comparison to some other stuff, but I've been managing to take off and land it hand-flown at payware airports (UK2000). I did use the LOC and APP on the autopilot to line it up at one airport, just to see if the autopilot was working okay (which it is), but I really only do automatic landings with FS aeroplanes if the visibility is crappy, and in fact Pro ATC X wouldn't even let me land 'officially' at one of those little City Airports in Germany because the runway was theoretically too short (like that was gonna stop me when I had a cargo delivery to pick up from there lol) so it's a good job I know how to drive it. Had to take off from that airport with only reserve fuel and rev the thing up right on the end of the runway's run off area to get it off the deck okay since it was carrying a lot of cargo, but that's Air Hauler for you!

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of service pack coming for it to speed it up a bit, which I think it could probably do with, especially in view of the fact that P3D V4 got patched yesterday after the iFly V4 version was released, meaning it might not be quite as compatible as it was two days ago lol. In spite of its slightly FPS hungry countenance, I've not been put off flying it. In fact, if anything is ever crappy on performance in a sim, I won't add it to my Air Hauler fleet, because I don't want some big repair bill to one of my fleet aeroplanes being caused by a crap refresh rate when I'm landing the thing and having it bounce and knacker the undercarriage or something owing to a stutter, and I was happy to stick the 700ER in my fleet, so it must be fairly okay; I've certainly been getting it on and off the ground okay, so the frame rates, while not brilliant on my PC, are not low enough to make it unflyable - gets about 25 fps at UK2000 airports. Might be a different story at Heathrow with full traffic all over the place, but that's probably true of many add-on aeroplanes to be fair.

Alan Bradbury

Can't say I've actually done a side-by-side check, but they look pretty much the same to me.

Alan Bradbury

"The new version is not a simple “port over” from P3Dv3, but a new version compiled through the P3Dv4 SDK and compiled as a 64-bit version of the 737NG.  The 737NG flight systems have been updated to give you better performance in the 64-bit environment.  We have also added new dynamic lighting and HDR reflections to the airframe, ground, and surrounding objects to provide our users with stunning visuals both inside and out.  "

Is this seem about right?

Ilya

• Upvote 1

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

39 minutes ago, ieydis said:

"The new version is not a simple “port over” from P3Dv3, but a new version compiled through the P3Dv4 SDK and compiled as a 64-bit version of the 737NG.  The 737NG flight systems have been updated to give you better performance in the 64-bit environment.  We have also added new dynamic lighting and HDR reflections to the airframe, ground, and surrounding objects to provide our users with stunning visuals both inside and out.  "

Is this seem about right?

Ilya

Excellent, thx

Just had the 737-700ER freak out on me whilst flying on LNAV and VNAV. It was passing about 6,000 feet having just departed Liverpool en route for Stuttgart when it suddenly pitched up really steep and the speed dropped off to below 150 causing it to stall with the nose pitched up at well over 30 degrees. Needless to say it started dropping like a stone, fortunately I was able to disconnect all the auto stuff and shove the throttles forward and take over, although it took almost all my altitude to get the nose down to get it flying again, the cockpit voice call outs got down to announcing 300 feet AGL on the radar altimeter before it was climbing again so I was fairly convinced it was gonna hit the deck and go boom! Which would have been an expensive error considering that was an Air Hauler flight, but it is back on course now passing over Wolverhampton nearly at cruise alt and seems to be behaving itself so I dunno what that was all about. It is fairly heavy with cargo and I am tankering some fuel there to save cash since it is cheaper at my base, but it is definitely within weight limits and certainly will be even moreso after Pro ATC X had me burn even more fuel back taxying all the way along the runway to depart from the other end after ATIS said runway 27 but clearance gave me runway 9 lol.

Alan Bradbury

How does P3D handle winds aloft - if you have such things active in the sim? Could that have caused the upset - a drastic sudden shift?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I don't imagine it was wind shear or a microburst or updraft or whatever, I'm waiting on a definitive weather add-on before I sling one in there, so it's only on the default themes at the moment, which don't have too complex winds as part of them, certainly not the ones I'm using anyway.

I suspect it is more likely that the FMC might have got confused when I switched from 27 to 09 at EGGP since I'd already put in the departure runway and a SID for 27 by the time Pro ATC X did the switch on me from ATIS saying 27 to ATC saying 09, then I had to put a new SID and switch it to 09 on the CDU, and I reckon there was some bonkers remnant of the old SID in there which might explain the autopilot freaking out, particularly since P3D V4 isn't totally compatible with the UK2000 EGGP scenery I am using (yet), so there's another possible candidate. I did check the new SID I had inserted into the flight plan after I'd selected it, by stepping through the Legs on the CDU with Plan selected and displaying on the DU, and it looked fine on there, so who knows?

Anyway I was quite proud of getting it out of that stall, it really looked like it was gonna be curtains. It has since behaved itself on other flights, so I don't think there's any bugs to worry about in the thing.

Alan Bradbury