Oskar_GER

How long does it take to the B748?

Recommended Posts

How long do we have to wait for the B748? We're sitting here on hot irons. Please publish the B748 before the summer holidays! :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

20 minutes ago, Oskar_GER said:

How long do we have to wait for the B748? We're sitting here on hot irons. Please publish the B748 before the summer holidays! :mellow:

Begging and nagging does not help. Please, please, please...

Please read other topics in the PMDG forum. You should also post your name in this forum!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oskar_GER said:

How long do we have to wait for the B748? We're sitting here on hot irons. Please publish the B748 before the summer holidays! :mellow:

Keep in mind that not only are the systems for the Boeing 747-8 different from that of the Boeing 747-400, they've also been trying to get planes updated for P3D V4, so doing all this is going to take a significant amount of time. I vaguely remember somebody saying the Boeing 777-300ER got released 10 months after the Boeing 777-200LR did, so that should give you somewhat of an idea.

1 hour ago, Piotr007 said:

You should also post your name in this forum!

I'm going to reword this one only because the way you said it makes it sound like it's a suggestion. PMDG requires you to post your full name on their forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll release when it's ready.

Consider asking the same of a baker or cook: "Please give me my food now, because I want it now and not necessarily when it's done!"

If the cake isn't done, all you're going to get is a bunch of sloppy, and potentially cold, partially cooked goop. It isn't going to be good. It won't look good, and definitely wouldn't be considered a finished product. In the case of meats, it could mean that you'd put yourself at risk of food-borne illness. Not smart there, either. 

Patience, please.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

In the case of meats, it could mean that you'd put yourself at risk of food-borne illness.

Some people, very strangely, like their steaks rare. I am not one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Some people, very strangely, like their steaks rare. I am not one of them.

I am.

This is different, actually. Most, if not all, issues are taken care of when the surface of the meat is cooked.

Fun fact:
There's also a level beyond rare, but still not raw: blue.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm a 'medium rare' guy when it comes to steaks.

but definitely a 'well done' guy when it comes to addons.

keep up the good work!

cheers,-andy crosby

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

 PMDG requires you to post your full name on their forums.

Is your first name captain or is your last name paramore 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, pracines said:

Is your first name captain or is your last name paramore 

Good catch. Full name when posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, pracines said:

Is your first name captain or is your last name paramore 

 

8 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Good catch. Full name when posting.

It's definitely there and has been the entire time. Check underneath the banner if you wish.

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Fun fact:
There's also a level beyond rare, but still not raw: blue.

Did not know that was even a thing. I know Gordon Ramsay always yells about stuff being blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

 

It's definitely there and has been the entire time. Check underneath the banner if you wish.

Did not know that was even a thing. I know Gordon Ramsay always yells about stuff being blue.

I think for the sake of removing hypocrisy, you should make that more visible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

I think for the sake of removing hypocrisy, you should make that more visible.

The rules only state that it needs to be there. As far as I am concerned, it is there, and therefore I have met that requirement. I don't see anything stating how it needs to be there, just that it needs to be there. If they want it there in a certain format, it needs to be made clear, or it ends up being left up to individual interpretation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

Full name when posting.

Did I hear "please"?  

21 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

I think for the sake of removing hypocrisy, you should make that more visible.

You guys really need to chill out.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Did I hear "please"?  

You guys really need to chill out.

Don't get the please comment and I am using my full name if your trying to  insinuate something because I don't see a signature on you and mine is clearly present. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Did I hear "please"?  

You guys really need to chill out.

You should perhaps familiarise yourself with the forums rules, particularly rule #1, and also this post from Robert:

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

Did I hear "please"?  

You guys really need to chill out.

not  really  chris  is only  stating  the  pmdg  rules  if  users  want  to post in here  then they have  to abide by  the  rules,  if  95  percent  of us users  who post in here  have  their  names  why  cant  the other  5  percent   do  as  well. If  you  don't  want  to post  your  name  thats   fine  than  don't  post  in here or  else  you will be  asked  to follow  the  rules   simple  really,please

 

What  would  be  easier  if  pmdg  would  follow  fsl, and other  forums,  which requires  you  to have  your  name before  you  allowed  to post

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PMDG777 said:

You should perhaps familiarise yourself with the forums rules, particularly rule #1, and also this post from Robert:

Are you trying to impress to get an invite to join the team? You seem to be dishing out a lot of directives.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Are you trying to impress to get an invite to join the team? You seem to be dishing out a lot of directives.

To quote Kyle in another thread:

On 6/25/2017 at 1:52 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Funny how the people accusing others of being forum police are essentially also playing the forum police.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the people who remind others of the rules help me by not forcing me to type the same thing, yet again. They're also doing the person a service by advising them of the rules that they may not be familiar with. Provided it's done politely, there's really nothing wrong with it.

So...stop being the police of the apparently self-appointed police.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Are you trying to impress to get an invite to join the team? You seem to be dishing out a lot of directives.

It's nothing to do with that. I genuinely feel sorry for Kyle and the other guys on the team who have to come on here and permanently copy the same thing out over and over again. What would you rather, I (who is not part of the PMDG team) waste my time do it, or Kyle (who IS part of the PMDG and has other things to be dealing with) waste his time doing it.

Tying this back in to OPs question, the less time Kyle spends telling people to sign their names, the quicker we get the 77W, NGX and 748!!! :happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

The rules only state that it needs to be there. As far as I am concerned, it is there, and therefore I have met that requirement. I don't see anything stating how it needs to be there, just that it needs to be there. If they want it there in a certain format, it needs to be made clear, or it ends up being left up to individual interpretation.

I have to say, he's spot on. I just re-read the rule and it passes. I never noticed it on the livery until now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, PMDG777 said:

I genuinely feel sorry for Kyle and the other guys on the team who have to come on here and permanently copy the same thing out over and over again.

I need him to eat, sleep, and dream NGX..... jk 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...that was entirely unnecessary. If someone points to a rule, make note of it and move on. If you're upset by someone pointing to the rules and believe it was less of a simple pointer and more of a cudgel, then report the post and a mod will look at it. Either way, quit sniping at each other.

Kevin - we've been through this before. It satisfies the letter of the rule, but the point is that it's visible to the mods should we ever need to look your account info up, and for everyone to have a little familiarity. While I do somewhat applaud the clever nature of it, I think we both know it's somewhat subversive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its strange that anyone would order a great cut of beef above MEDIUM. Blue rare, rare, medium rare are all excellent. 

It is well known that most restaurants that serve high end beef will reserve the less than desirable cuts or sections off the rib or loin for customers who order well, or well done. I could not do such a thing to a lovely ribeye or filet.

Its like when I watch my wife smash a perfectly good egg yolk to scramble her eggs vs dipping her toast in it hahaha. I die a little inside every time hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Angelo Cosma said:

I think its strange that anyone would order a great cut of beef above MEDIUM. Blue rare, rare, medium rare are all excellent. 

It is well known that most restaurants that serve high end beef will reserve the less than desirable cuts or sections off the rib or loin for customers who order well, or well done. I could not do such a thing to a lovely ribeye or filet.

Definitely with you here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2017 at 2:42 PM, scandinavian13 said:

... a bunch of sloppy, and potentially cold, partially cooked goop.

... and that pretty much sums up the current state of the 747-8 :laugh:
(Sorry for the partial quote, Kyle! I couldn't resist...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now