Sign in to follow this  
Guest JustanotherPilot

Fs2crew for PMDG 777 Prepar3d v4 is out

3 minutes ago, ShawnG said:

Just trying to maintain and keep track of all these different versions that support multiple different platforms is becoming massively time consuming

And that is his choice to support so many platforms. He has over worked himself at the expense of his current customer base. He has really shot himself in the foot, some of us have realised that fs2crew has made us lazy flyers. I have, so far, enjoyed flying the 777 without it.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

6 hours ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

And why has he not responded ?  Any other developer would have, way before this became 6 pages long!!!

Not really mate,  look at Steve H from flight 1 with the ut2 debacle.  The Maltese 2 from BBS and Andrew from Fsl rarly comes on anymore after all the complaints and topics that got shut down.

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

Bryan York has finally made a (ridiculously arrogant) statement on the pricing in the FS2Crew forum:

That just supports my opinion to never buy anything from them again. I don't like to support such kind of people.

• Upvote 4

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Well he is right $30 is a fair price but not if you have to pay twice!

You really dont need it with the 777 and even if there was a version for FSL A320, it really is not needed. The 777 and A320 are so automated unlike the NG even then better and more fulfilling to do it all yourself. 

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, carlito777 said:

Bryan York has finally made a (ridiculously arrogant) statement on the pricing in the FS2Crew forum:

So, only wealthy people buy his products..........lol And old blokes.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Well he is right $30 is a fair price but not if you have to pay twice!

You really dont need it with the 777 and even if there was a version for FSL A320, it really is not needed. The 777 and A320 are so automated unlike the NG even then better and more fulfilling to do it all yourself. 

for once ill agree with you on something David :)

• Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

4 minutes ago, tooting said:

for once ill agree with you on something David :)

:biggrin: 

It's probably only FSL that we will have to agree to disagree on Pete. :)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

once it finally comes out on v4 and I can do a 4 sector day on it without an oom Ill be happy

14ppkc-6.png

Its getting a lot of what was going to be in SP1 within the v4 release, so with that and v4 being what it is hopefully you're good to go.

I will buy the A319 when it comes out but not the A321.

58 minutes ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

So, only wealthy people buy his products..........lol And old blokes.

He's seriously out of touch with his market if he thinks that. I'm neither.

Anyway I'm done with FS2Crew now. Bryan is clearly not listening to his customers anymore.

• Upvote 2

I'll be keeping my "peanut" money and putting them towards something else.

Then again, I'm only 28, maybe I'm not even supposed to be buying FS2Crew addons.

• Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Yikes people come on.  I was one of those of you who objected to the pricing...but seriously some of the comments above are really out of order.  Bryan is really helpful and his support is excellent.  I don't for one minute think he was saying that $30 is chump change, just that it represents a small amount when you consider the $100+ for the aircraft you ALL most have spent to use the FS2Crew products.

You can chose not to purchase the products again (as i have), but stop with the nasty entitled comments.

Ian R Tyldesley

Easy resolution - Skip the FS2Crew products and fly the whole aircraft yourself. I do.

Not much work in the cockpit to do anyway and once past the takeoff stage the program is redundant anyway until landing and that can be done easily alone.

I bought the NGX FS2Crew but still to this day have never installed nor used it and I still have no intention of doing so. Waste of money in my view.

• Upvote 2

Topic locked.  I consider the discussions of prices made by a developer as ranting/trolling and that's against the AVSIM Terms of Service.  Many of you will disagree but it is not going to get you anywhere when you are disrespectful and non-constructive with your comments.  Some of you are extremely rude (on purpose).  Some have already been warned and suspended for inappropriate attacks on commercial developers.  You have the right not to purchase the product if you consider the price unfair.  I suspect many of you think your comments will affect product sales and do great harm to the developer but I seriously doubt that would happen.  Everyone needs to take a deep breath and move on.

A quote from the AVSIM Terms of Service - "AVSIM’s goal is to provide an educational and entertainment resource for people with similar interests and a community that is fun to be part of by users from around the world. Your acts and words on AVSIM will not, in any way, infringe upon others enjoyment of the AVSIM site". 

The OP was appropriate in that it informed P3DV4 users of another compatible product but many of the rants that followed were inappropriate.  Let's try to be responsible citizens and enjoy this hobby instead of ranting about the pricing. Calling a developer a liar when he says he had to put a lot of work into making the product compatible with P3DV4 is definitely off-limits.  His interpretation of how much it took to upgrade the old 32-bit product to a 64-bit platform should be accepted by all.  Previous versions were made for old simulator programs and you should not expect a developer who developed a product from, say, FS2000, to have the same pricing for products made 17 years later (an example as I know this product was never made for FS2000).  Technology changes so you need to get use to it.  For many these are exciting times and appreciate what the commercial and freeware developers have done to promote the hobby of flight simulation.

Thanks for your cooperation.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10