Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Operations Centre Issue

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, FDX706 said:

Still doing the same thing. Never did this before. :mellow:

 

Thanks!!

 

 

Can you access the PMDG website?


Cheers,
Chris Brand
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Yes I can access the PMDG website. I've disabled my antivirus (Norton) and even edited the rules to allow the Ops center to run. Now the Ops Center keeps quitting. Not sure what to do. I there anyway I can download the Ops center manually?


Darren Esannason

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, FDX706 said:

Yes I can access the PMDG website. I've disabled my antivirus (Norton) and even edited the rules to allow the Ops center to run. Now the Ops Center keeps quitting. Not sure what to do. I there anyway I can download the Ops center manually?

When I used to have Norton, adding things to the exceptions list were ignored and it was always running even if I thought I had it turned off.  It always loads on boot and stays there.  I got rid of Norton.  Use Windows Defender, it's free and works better.


Dan Downs KCRP

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, downscc said:

When I used to have Norton, adding things to the exceptions list were ignored and it was always running even if I thought I had it turned off.  It always loads on boot and stays there.  I got rid of Norton.  Use Windows Defender, it's free and works better.

I uninstalled my antivirus... Same issue is occurring. Not sure what else to do.


Darren Esannason

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Manually delete all the files except for OpsCenterUpdater.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center

Then try running the OpsCenterUpdater.exe.


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post

Just did that... same thing. I stops at 488KB then I get " failed to download after 3 attempts. I also uninstalled/re-installed the 777-300ER to see if that helped but I didn't. Can't connect to the PMDG download server. I can get to the PMDG webpage however.


Darren Esannason

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, FDX706 said:

Just did that... same thing. I stops at 488KB then I get " failed to download after 3 attempts. I also uninstalled/re-installed the 777-300ER to see if that helped but I didn't. Can't connect to the PMDG download server. I can get to the PMDG webpage however.

It'll be the 200LR/F that has the OC in it. The 300ER is just an expansion and I don't think it has the OC in it.

Either way, what you're seeing points to a network issue either on, or between your computer and our servers. (The download of the OC is on a different server than our site, so access to our site only means so much.)


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post

Ok. I'll try un-installing/re-installing the 200LR and see if that fixes it. I believe it my be on your end (the OC server). It seems I'm not the only one with this issue. I'll let you know what happens.


Darren Esannason

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, FDX706 said:

Ok. I'll try unisatlling the 200LR and see if that fixes it.

Uninstall/reinstall of the 200LR/F really isn't going to do anything other than put an outdated version on your machine. I wouldn't do this unless we specifically instruct you to.

2 minutes ago, FDX706 said:

I believe it my be on your end (the OC server). It seems I'm not the only one with this issue. I'll let you know what happens.

If this were true, people wouldn't have the latest version. Given the number of posts about the v4-compatible NGX module in several people's OCs, this isn't the case. I get that this is frustrating, but work with us here instead of simply pointing the finger.


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post

Oh no please don't misunderstand me.. Not pointing the finger at all. I appreciate the swift support. I was just saying what I thought by speculating from my perspective Well, I just re-installed the 200LR/F and the same issue remains. I hope we get it resolved soon. Take care and thanks for the help.


Darren Esannason

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, FDX706 said:

Well, I just re-installed the 200LR/F and the same issue remains.

As I'd mentioned, I'd really reserve this action for when we instruct you to do so. It usually just wastes your time, and can actually introduce new issues if it's done improperly. (And in other cases, removes traces of the issue that we could use in troubleshooting.)

1 minute ago, FDX706 said:

I hope we get it resolved soon. Take care and thanks for the help.

Welcome. I'd definitely start looking into connection issues. If you can try to access the internet by connecting through your cell phone, that might help track the issue down. That or if your sim computer is a laptop, try connecting at a local coffee shop or something. The aim is to troubleshoot connection issues by getting to our servers via a different route.


Kyle Rodgers

Share this post


Link to post

Tried different connections from the desktop. Still the same result everytime. Will keep trying. Hopefully we fine a solution soon.

Quick Update: I was able to connect to download the dll files but after the Ops Center ran the Updater quits.


Darren Esannason

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Downloaded livery fine after update. Thanks for the fix.


Matthew Bellette

Share this post


Link to post

Seems to be updated now..athough I keep getting a notification for and update. The Updater is saying up to date.

 


Darren Esannason

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Glad you got yours working. I'm still having the exact same problem :(

 

EDIT: Finally working, havent changed a thing


Casey Crebs

System Specs:
GeForce RTX 2060. i7-8770K at 3.7 GHz

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...