Sign in to follow this  
iMoveQuick

Upcomming QW 787 for p3d v3

6 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Not everyone gets OOM. Why is that so hard to believe?

This thread only fell off the rails because you had a snarky jab at early adopters of V4 - which was uncalled for.  The subsequent comments were inevitable and of course,  juvenile - including your own.

• Upvote 8

Exactly. Let the fool have his last word, while I have my last laugh.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

17 hours ago, YukonPete said:

Anyone who claims they never had a OOM never pushed any limits.

You should re-read my post where I mentioned how restarting the sim was my OOM avoidance solution.  Seems like waiting less than 2 minutes to reload is far better than dealing with an OOM on final.  I've pushed my settings as far as I want to go, and I've been very happy with the results, happy enough to keep using v3 for short-hauls in an Airbus or 737.  As long as my VAS doesn't dip below 500k after the destination airport loads, I'm good to go.  The funny thing is in v4, I encounter more performance-related issues that impact flight more than the occasional OOM threat in v3.  I need to make even MORE compromises in order to get things the way I like them, and I have a pretty decent system.  This is why I chose to grow into v4 instead of jumping headlong into it.  However, as the NGX looms on the horizon, I am spending more time tweaking and perfecting v4 to make it ready for when that day comes...hopefully this week.

Yeah yeah yeah. V3 is performing better. We know. 

Could we please stop this V3 vs V4 here? And talk about the Dreamliner?

So have Qualitywings stated when the V$ version of the dreamliner would be out?

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

By the time it's finished it will be p3d v7,  Jezzer Corbyn will be in power and everything will be free

• Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

21 hours ago, Wise87 said:

It's called fine-tuning your simulator.

I call it luck. Most people would have suffered multiple OOMs in a similar position, which means (as I have suspected for a long time) that no two PCs that are identical on paper are actually identical in reality. I have no idea why this is the case, but (assuming that everyone is telling the truth) I can see no other conclusion.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I never saw an OOM error in Prepar3D V3 either, and have plenty of regions, airports, weather, airplanes, and textures tacked on.  The nicest thing I'm seeing in V4 is a healthy increase in framerates.   The framerate boost isn't something I expected to see but now that it's there, I can't go back to P3DV3.

Mark

Just a reminder. This is a thread about the QW 787 :-)

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, ErichB said:

This thread only fell off the rails because you had a snarky jab at early adopters of V4 - which was uncalled for.  The subsequent comments were inevitable and of course,  juvenile - including your own.

Amazing comment! Very well put... with I could give you more than 1 upvote! 

13 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I call it luck. Most people would have suffered multiple OOMs in a similar position, which means (as I have suspected for a long time) that no two PCs that are identical on paper are actually identical in reality. I have no idea why this is the case, but (assuming that everyone is telling the truth) I can see no other conclusion.

I know what you mean... Having worked many years in IT and computer setup/support I've seen strange things, I must admit... But on the other hand, it goes against my personal belief, that two identical systems would behave differently. After all, there's no magic dust, and it doesn't have a life of it's own... it's all electrical wiring, current and bits. :smile:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

How about wing flex,  a 4 page pointless topic wouldn't be complete with out a question about wing flex.

Can the wing been seen from the Flight Deck?? 

Is the wing flex going to be modelled.

Thanks 

• Upvote 4

14ppkc-6.png

What do you mean its released but just a part of it? link? P3D v4 version?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Calm down Aaron, it's just the paintkit that has been released... There's actually another thread about that in this very forum.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

A bit irresponsible to use the word RELEASED, when that is not actually the case.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png