Sign in to follow this  
iMoveQuick

Upcomming QW 787 for p3d v3

35 minutes ago, captain420 said:

It's funny how some people seem to have a need to justify themselves.

Oh the irony...I suggest you re-read your own post.

In any case, what the hell does it matter who stays with P3D1-3, FSX, FSX-SE or even FS9? If people are getting acceptable (to them) graphics and acceptable (to them) performance, and a satisfactory sim experience, then good luck to them. There appears to be a psychological need with a lot of people around here to not only be at the cutting edge, but also to sneer at those who aren't in such a rush. A psychology student could write a dissertation on this place...

• Upvote 2

Yep. My 32-bit sim is running just fine. I guess I could go 64-bit and change the CPU limitation for a GPU limitation. But it looks identical so why bother. :blink:

Why are you getting all worked up for? After all, this is a discussion forum where everyone can contribute their feelings and what not with one another. If you can't take it, then maybe you should just walk away. I just think it's funny how some people try so hard on here, it's so obvious. If that's the case, then why should it matter to you what other people consider cutting edge or want to have the latest and greatest? You're contradicting yourself there.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

QW 787 for Prepar3d v4 won't surface until Q4 2018 / Q1 2019. 

It is quite early to speak about it imho.

39 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Why are you getting all worked up for? After all, this is a discussion forum where everyone can contribute their feelings and what not with one another. If you can't take it, then maybe you should just walk away. I just think it's funny how some people try so hard on here, it's so obvious. If that's the case, then why should it matter to you what other people consider cutting edge or want to have the latest and greatest? You're contradicting yourself there.

There a difference between having a  discussion and being a smart a**. Seems to me the only person trying to  justifying  anything is you with your comments. Either help in the  discussion or as you say, go away.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

44 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I'm not contradicting myself...you're just not listening. I'm delighted that P3DV4 is out...and I look forward to enjoying its benefits...at some point...but it doesn't make sense for me to make the move yet. I have nothing against it, and I like to hear that people are having fun with it...it lets me know what I have to look forward to. What does make my teeth itch somewhat, though, is the bandwagon/herd mentality (seen so often on AVSIM) where it's not enough to have made one's own decision about how to what way to go, but it's also necessary to be dismissive about those who do otherwise. This reveals itself in sneering like "enjoy your 32-bit sim" enjoy your OOMs" or "no OOMs with FS2000 either, why not stick with that". It makes me wonder what need it serves.

And in case you hadn't noticed, I'm contributing too...just like you. If you don't like it...etc. My point is not to silence anyone, rather it's to point out that getting into an almost religious fervour about P3DV4 just makes people look a bit silly. Of course, they are free to do with that information what they will...

6 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

There a difference between having a  discussion and being a smart a**. Seems to me the only person trying to  justifying  anything is you with your comments. Either help in the  discussion or as you say, go away.

No need for the name calling. Are we 12 now? How am I justifying anything with my comment? Sure, whatever makes you happy man.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

41 minutes ago, Holdit said:

What does make my teeth itch somewhat, though, is the bandwagon/herd mentality (seen so often on AVSIM) where it's not enough to have made one's own decision about how to what way to go, but it's also necessary to be dismissive about those who do otherwise. This reveals itself in sneering like "enjoy your 32-bit sim" enjoy your OOMs" or "no OOMs with FS2000 either, why not stick with that". It makes me wonder what need it serves.

It serves the desire of people to affirm that 'they have made the right choice' when they've invested a not inconsiderable sum of cash in that choice, which has then also made them emotionally invested in that choice too; it's silly of course, since one should base the notion of whether one is happy with the choices one makes, by nothing other than whether one is happy with the results. To do otherwise tends to indicate to me that people who indulge in slamming other people's choices are perhaps not quite as happy with their own choices as they would appear to profess and are looking for other reasons to justify it.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Oh all the guys suddenly never had OOMs. Funny. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Dead thread

Yep. Can be closed. 

37 minutes ago, captain420 said:

No need for the name calling. Are we 12 now? How am I justifying anything with my comment? Sure, whatever makes you happy man.

There you go again with your little witty jabs. Nope not 12 but your profile pic lets me to believe your just a few years above it.  

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, swiesma said:

Oh all the guys suddenly never had OOMs. Funny. 

Not everyone gets OOM. Why is that so hard to believe?

Dan

Just now, Wise87 said:

There you go again with your little witty jabs. Nope not 12 but your profile pic lets me to believe your just a few years above it.  

And the fact that you need to have the last word is also not a sign of being extremely mature. 

Could you you guys stop this sh*t? V3 is good and stable and V4 is also very good. Simple. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Chock said:

It serves the desire of people to affirm that 'they have made the right choice' when they've invested a not inconsiderable sum of cash in that choice, which has then also made them emotionally invested in that choice too; it's silly of course, since one should base the notion of whether one is happy with the choices one makes, by nothing other than whether one is happy with the results. To do otherwise tends to indicate to me that people who indulge in slamming other people's choices are perhaps not quite as happy with their own choices as they would appear to profess and are looking for other reasons to justify it.

Well put.