Sign in to follow this  
ukplane1

Statement from Flightport

39 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Quite frankly, I really applaude the concept of developers grasping the new and leaving the old.

I know it could sound a bit cynical, but it's not the first time FS history, that a platform changed is happening. It's called progress, and existing developers either have to keep up, or fall behind... That's a bit harsh, but that's the reality we're dealing with. 

I'm terribly sorry, people, but I fail to see the point in this thread... 

And yet you still commented

• Upvote 2

I have an MEP/IR and i have P3D V4 but this is my take.

To some of those championing P3D V4 like its the second coming i would say stop living in an alternate reality were you think a sim is better because an airport has dynamic lighting but in fairness you did purchased it so you should be free to admire dynamic lighting if you wish but i will say ( hopefully avsim mods don't remove it ) Real pilots like myself who will also agree with will say that the core of the simulator is more important than the looks.

This goes back to the old debate Captain sim 767 or Level D 767 one looks pretty the other has more realistic features in aviation terms - P3D V4 is no more realistic than FSX if you disagree with me i'm with the most respect saying you probably don't fly very often in the real world.

I will end with , this is the state of P3D V4 now promising but no more however, i promise with time P3D V4 will be a FANTASTIC sim but as we saw with how quickly smartphones evolved it's going to be along time before flight sim evolves at such a rate.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jjf said:

And yet you still commented

Sooo...

You're giving a pointless answer, to a (in your opinion) pointless post in a pointless thread... 
Jeez - this must be some kind of record, I suppose

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

4 minutes ago, ukplane1 said:

P3D V4 is no more realistic than FSX if you disagree with me i'm with the most respect saying you probably don't fly very often in the real world.

Well... the lighting model with Dynamic Lighting IS more realistic than that texture based #####, they got in previous versions... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Thanks for the notice. I have most of Flightports stuff.

I am still slowly building my P3DV4 and haven't yet tried their work in the new sim. I gather there are issues. Its a shame if that is so.

However, I'm a dually.  I also have XP11 and love it! Its a great sim that also needs some work in some areas.  There are many aspects of XP11 that I find superior to P3DV3, landscapes seem more real right out of the box.

Anyway thanks again for the update, and I will have the benefit of their move to XP.

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Thanks for the notice. I have most of Flightports stuff.

I am still slowly building my P3DV4 and haven't yet tried their work in the new sim. I gather there are issues. Its a shame if that is so.

However, I'm a dually.  I also have XP11 and love it! Its a great sim that also needs some work in some areas.  There are many aspects of XP11 that I find superior to P3DV3, landscapes seem more real right out of the box.

Anyway thanks again for the update, and I will have the benefit of their move to XP.

They are shutting down the whole site. There is no mention that they will develop for XP, only that Jörg Dannenberg is currently enjoying XP as an end user. He is not sure if anything will come from that in form of new addons. If their old products will still be available is currently being debated among the former developers. Source: flusinews.de, which has a short interview with Jörg too.

Best regards 

LORBY-SI

That is a good heads up that if that is the way he leaves customers I will have to make sure I do not buy his Xplane stuff as I use both forums.  As far as freeware if it is in that it is really up to him

Harry Woodrow

1 hour ago, ukplane1 said:

This goes back to the old debate Captain sim 767 or Level D 767 one looks pretty the other has more realistic features in aviation terms - P3D V4 is no more realistic than FSX if you disagree with me i'm with the most respect saying you probably don't fly very often in the real world.

You fail to take into account that VAS OOM's don't happen in real life or P3Dv4....FSX on the other hand....

...but I thought P3D v3/FSX scenery just worked in P3Dv4 as long as you don't use any DLLs or external utils?

It's still wise I think to make scenery that is FSX compatible, just because P3Dv4 and FSW are still mostly FSX inside. ORBX seem to agree with this statement, and there are still people who use and develop for FS9

Oh, thanks for the heads-up; that is definitely a loss for the flight sim community. Although I would not call them victims, unless you would like to call P3Dv4 a threat.

The guys at Flightport have made beautiful freeware scenery of smaller airports (mostly for Germany) through more than one decade. They were always a very generous and engaged group and kindly adapting their scenery and required libraries to FSX, then further through all versions of P3D up to v3.

They are currently looking into making their projects available for downloading, so they may continue to live in FSX and up to P3Dv3 for a long time.

A big Thank You to Jörg and Peter and their fellow freeware developers for their wonderful contributions.

Regards
Frank

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, joemiller said:

Wow, thats not English. Useless for people who dont speak or read that language- whatever it is. Don't have time to finding translator.

Whatever it is?! Dude... I really don't know whether to laugh or cry.

They changed their interest to X-Plane. It's a 64 bit platform as is P3Dv4. Most of the sceneries I've bought for the old 32 bit platform work in P3Dv4.  I don't see how this statement says much of anything. An aesthetic choice really.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

The Flightport seneries are flyable in V4, but you will not have PAPIs, approach / runway lightings, wind socks etc. because the FSOC.exe that triggers those objects is still 32bit. Maybe the project will be continued if they find somebody that can make the necessary adjustments for V4. Their excellent German airport sceneries were a real contribution to the community - and for free.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR