Sign in to follow this  
MarnoKoen

Ops center won't install new liveries

Hi,

After updating my PMDG ops center this morning I am no longer able to download and install liveries from Ops center. I have attached a picture to show the error I am getting:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gwHk9KyJPfa8sFUf1

I am running OC as admin, gave P3Dv4 folder all the rights, AV off. As I said only happened after the update as I was still downloading liveries on Friday.

Hopefully this can be fixed.

Kind Regards

Marno Koen

Same error using FSX-SE. I also have the latest OC version.

Yeah. Same issue here. I try add new liveries both from the download manager and from a .ptp file, no joy. Just get this error message when trying the downloader: 

6xh1jwP1Rb2ieNlOny2X-Q.png

http://prntscr.com/g2kovb

Excellent reason for a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support.... this is a user forum and not much us users can do to help.  Most folks do not have this problem so it is likely a communications problem or something in your configuration... you guys could share information and try to figure out what you have in common that most of us don't share.

Dan Downs KCRP

11 minutes ago, downscc said:

Excellent reason for a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support.... this is a user forum and not much us users can do to help.  Most folks do not have this problem so it is likely a communications problem or something in your configuration... you guys could share information and try to figure out what you have in common that most of us don't share.

http://prntscr.com/g2kyri. If you would mind clicking on that link you would see that we CAN actually ask questions here instead of just opening a ticket seeing as this is not specific to one person. In a short time of 4 hours 2 other members have now reported this issue and I'm sure there are more. They probably just don't want to post on this forum as it's usually filled with stupid replies like yours.

As for now I'll wait for someone from PMDG to reply to my post and maybe then open a ticket. Don't even know why I still buy PMDG products if this is the "support" you get. Can't even imagine what submitting a ticket will be like.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MarnoKoen said:

as it's usually filled with stupid replies like yours.

Thank you for sharing.  PMDG does not claim to provide support in this forum, if a moderator is available and has the time he may choose to help or may instruct the poster to submit a trouble ticket.  You may not realize this and that is why i added the comment about this being a user forum.  The only way to directly contact PMDG is via the PMDG Product Support portal. In the end, you do not come any close to solving the problem by smacking a stranger trying to help.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

11 minutes ago, MarnoKoen said:

As for now I'll wait for someone from PMDG to reply to my post and maybe then open a ticket.

If you want an official response to an issue, then you need to open up a ticket, which Dan mentioned.

I'd be inclined to just provide one here, since it's easier and I'm already here, but based on your incredibly unkind response, you can go through the extra effort of opening a ticket in the official place to do so. There's a link in my signature.

11 minutes ago, MarnoKoen said:

Don't even know why I still buy PMDG products if this is the "support" you get.

This is the community support forum where users help each other. Why you would threaten to stop buying our products based on the unofficial (and volunteer) support of individuals in the community is...troubling. Moreover, his support was not at all unkind, unlike your response.

12 minutes ago, MarnoKoen said:

Can't even imagine what submitting a ticket will be like.

It'd be like requesting support from any official avenue for support. Again, there's no need to be smarmy about it. Moreover, there's no need to call anyone stupid. That's uncalled for. Dan was clearly trying to help, and he was volunteering to do so. There is absolutely no reason to smack him down and call him stupid for that. Do not do it again.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

5 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

If you want an official response to an issue, then you need to open up a ticket, which Dan mentioned.

I'd be inclined to just provide one here, since it's easier and I'm already here, but based on your incredibly unkind response, you can go through the extra effort of opening a ticket in the official place to do so. There's a link in my signature.

This is the community support forum where users help each other. Why you would threaten to stop buying our products based on the unofficial (and volunteer) support of individuals in the community is...troubling. Moreover, his support was not at all unkind, unlike your response.

It'd be like requesting support from any official avenue for support. Again, there's no need to be smarmy about it. Moreover, there's no need to call anyone stupid. That's uncalled for. Dan was clearly trying to help, and he was volunteering to do so. There is absolutely no reason to smack him down and call him stupid for that. Do not do it again.

No one was calling anyone stupid. 

And secondly it's not threat. I have been on these forums just browsing for years. I see the replies and I can't believe a company talks like that with it's customers. Anyways I'll submit the ticket. I might even get lucky and get a response.. Who knows!?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MarnoKoen said:

No one was calling anyone stupid. 

Excuse me...just for a moment...what exactly is this, then:

23 minutes ago, MarnoKoen said:

They probably just don't want to post on this forum as it's usually filled with stupid replies like yours.

Even if you didn't call Dan stupid, you called his response stupid, which is equally unkind.

2 minutes ago, MarnoKoen said:

I might even get lucky and get a response.. Who knows!?

Everyone gets a response. Don't try to kick up drama where none exists. Based on your earlier comment about replies, I'm sure you're under the belief that I should respond with graciousness and "the customer is always right," but you already set the bar yourself. When you belittle another one of our customers, you are most assuredly in the wrong, and I will not stand for it.

Treat others how you'd like to be treated. You addressed Dan in an unkind manner. Don't be surprised if people don't make the extra effort to be kind thereafter.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, MarnoKoen said:

stupid replies

In all the time I have been following Dan's replies in this or any other sim-related Forum, I have yet to come across a 'stupid' reply from him. If anything, his real-life experience as a pilot, albeit a GA pilot, is much valued.

• Upvote 2

Im also getting the same error, but only when I try to install 777 liveries. 

I created a support ticket and hopefully they can help! 🙂

Thanks for the great work PMDG with all your amazing aircrafts!

This appears to be a bug in the latest ops center, a lot of people are experiencing this issue suddenly. I guess PMDG will roll out a fix shortly.

In the meantime don't touch your repaints until the bug has been fixed or you might not be able to get the back until the fix arrives.

There's a new update of the OC that, from my side, fixed the problem.

Thx for the heads up Jeeeno! :biggrin:

Now its also working on my side!

Oh and thx to PMDG for the super fast service getting it fixed!

Take care...

7 hours ago, MarnoKoen said:

If you would mind clicking on that link you would see that we CAN actually ask questions here instead of just opening a ticket seeing as this is not specific to one person.

You're right, there's nothing wrong with asking questions here, but there's no guarantee you'll get an official PMDG response on here. Generally, in a situation like this where I have an issue, I would submit a support ticket, then back it up with a forum post. That way, if anybody else has the same issue, I'll be aware of it, and when I do get a response from PMDG that would benefit others, I'll return to the thread and post there, so anyone who has the same issues can follow those steps. But as was stated before, you won't necessarily get a response from PMDG by posting on the forums.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.