Sign in to follow this  
ukplane1

Aerosoft A330 vs Quality Wings 787

Which one are you looking forward to the most?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you looking forward to the most?

• QW 787
    • AS A330

Just to clarify, the AS A320 is NOT being ported over. They are developing a new A320 which will take full advantage of P3Dv4's features. "Ported", would suggest that they are just giving it a compatibility update. This is not the case.

This is the reason for the delay

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

They are incorporating new features gleaned from the concurrent development of the a330, which will take full advantage of p3v4's features.  They did not start a320 development from scratch as would be suggested by "they are developing a new a320" which is equally misleading as the "being ported over" statement.  :)

• Upvote 1

AS A330 only because I know FS2crew will make an addon for it.  I'll still get the QW bird, but to me it won't be that enjoyable without a multicrew experience.  

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

12 hours ago, ukplane1 said:

RELEASED: Well the paintkit...

phew, that means the 3d model is finished, next up: coding the systems ;)

On 9/9/2017 at 0:35 AM, ShawnG said:

They are incorporating new features gleaned from the concurrent development of the a330, which will take full advantage of p3v4's features.  They did not start a320 development from scratch as would be suggested by "they are developing a new a320" which is equally misleading as the "being ported over" statement.  :)

Correct. I didn't mean to sound misleading. I was just trying to explain why the new bus is taking it's time being ready for v4.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

Released for FSX.... Meh.

If Aerosoft releases their 330 first and it comes out good... I might pass.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

38 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

There's nothing wrong with FSX. Still running FSX here.

I suspect a lot of people will say there is plenty wrong with FSX when they try to do a four hour flight in that 787 what with all those resource-hungry PFDs in its VC and FSX starts pinging a VAS warning at them as they descend toward some fancy equally VAS hungry payware airport scenery.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

47 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

Yeah of course not.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

13 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

I still use FSX and will continue to do so for a while longer. I haven't yet migrated to P3Dv4 for a number of reasons the main one being that good addon scenery for the airports I mainly fly from is not yet available in v4, but also the thought of having to reinstall the vast number of aircraft and scenery addons which I currently have onto a new platform is quite daunting! There is also the fact that many of my current FSX aircraft and scenery addons would have to be repurchased for v4 as many of the developers do not give any discount for existing FSX users and this could prove quite expensive.

By very strictly limiting which scenery areas are active in FSX, I can still generally manage to enjoy OOM free short to medium haul flights in VAS intensive airliners which suits me personally as I find long haul flights a bit tedious. To do this I have a number of stock scenery sets for various regions of the world where only the basic scenery is active and I activate other scenery as required for each flight. Even being very careful however, I still occasionally approach the dreaded 4GB VAS threshold and I admit it would be nice not to have to worry about this.

Bill

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Chock said:

I suspect a lot of people will say there is plenty wrong with FSX when they try to do a four hour flight in that 787 what with all those resource-hungry PFDs in its VC and FSX starts pinging a VAS warning at them as they descend toward some fancy equally VAS hungry payware airport scenery.

I guess I don't fly four-hour flights very often. In any event, it looks like they have a VAS counter on the PFD.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On 10/3/2017 at 0:31 PM, Captain Kevin said:

I guess I don't fly four-hour flights very often. In any event, it looks like they have a VAS counter on the PFD.

Indeed... the VAS imprint is quite immense. When sitting at FlyTampa EKCH with minimal settings (only low settings in FlyTampa-Configurator) and sparse autogen I got nearly 3 GB used VAS. Oh, well... looking forward to them releasing it for P3Dv4 - when that ever happens...

Actually my biggest fear is that they will abandon it for P3Dv4, simply because they don't have the resources for it... After all, they are a small team who's doing this in their spare time... At the rate which P3D is changing and being updated and changing, I fear they can't keep up...

FSX was 'easy' since it's stationary platform, which isn't changing...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Actually my biggest fear is that they will abandon it for P3Dv4, simply because they don't have the resources for it... After all, they are a small team who's doing this in their spare time... At the rate which P3D is changing and being updated and changing, I fear they can't keep up...

That is a very valid concern, they did something similar with the 146

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley