ukplane1

Aerosoft A330 vs Quality Wings 787

Which one are you looking forward to the most?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which one are you looking forward to the most?

• QW 787
    • AS A330

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Will buy both. If the qw 787 will ever be released. I believe this only after I downloaded it ;-)

Com'on - that's like "Sofie's Choice"!
You're missing an option - BOTH! 

It's a no-brainer... :smile:

• Upvote 1

Why is this even a comparison? Now Aerosoft A330 vs FsLabs "more fuel" jet". Now we have an interesting question.

I'll definitely buy both as both of these are sorely needed if one wants to realistically simulate long intercontinental flights, especially the A330.

It looks like Qualitywings are pretty close to release according to the latest news from them.  I'll be surprised if Aerosoft releases their A330 in 2017.

Dave

Assuming the QW787 isn't a complete disaster, I'm looking forward to that a lot more. However, I'm confident that Aerosoft's A330 will be pretty much bug free (if there's such a thing) and while it's been an extremely long wait, I think it will be worth it.

I'd have to say the 787, but that's only because I'm not really an Airbus guy.

I am personally looking forward to the 787 a lot more than the A330. But I will probably buy both eventually. I do hope the 787 releases this summer as suggested on Quality Wings' last update.  

Did the poll scare aerosoft into releasing the CRJ quickly?

Looking forward to both in equal measure but the 787 pips it to the post.

The A330, but i have not much faith in Aerosoft producing a great 330, looking at what they did with the previous A320 family. I mean, it wasn't bad, but when a real good one came out, one could see the difference quite clearly.

Still, a 330 is more than welcome.

2 hours ago, Nuno Pinto said:

The A330, but i have not much faith in Aerosoft producing a great 330, looking at what they did with the previous A320 family. I mean, it wasn't bad, but when a real good one came out, one could see the difference quite clearly.

Still, a 330 is more than welcome.

You have to bear in mind the price of the Aerosoft version. The FSL version, the simulation depth reflects the crazy price tag. Aerosoft also gave us 4 different aircrafts, whereas FSL only give us 1. I'm sorry, but the Aerosoft busses are pretty amazing value for money.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, nealmac said:

(...) Aerosoft buses are pretty amazing value for money.

Indeed they are, that wasn't the subject. I don't mind paying more to have better when i REALLY like the aircraft type. Same applies to the PMDG/iFly 737 and 747. iFly better value for money, but they just aren't as good and don't feel as good.

Definitely the 787! And then A330 after. I really hope QW keeps their word and releases it soon. Summer will be over next month, nevermind, they're releasing it for FSX first. Who knows when they'll get it out for P3D v4.

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Definitely the 787! And then A330 after. I really hope QW keeps their word and releases it soon. Summer will be over next month, nevermind, they're releasing it for FSX first. Who knows when they'll get it out for P3D v4.

Summer is already over where I live. Traditionally, May, June and July are the 3 summer months.

However, I never realised they were releasing the FSX version first. This is always something that irritates me. There's absolutely no reason for any developer to do this. Technically the same aircraft will run perfectly fine in both sims. The only reason there are different versions is because of licencing issues. So this wait is gonna be a lot longer than I had hoped :bengong:

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, nealmac said:

Summer is already over where I live. Traditionally, May, June and July are the 3 summer months.

However, I never realised they were releasing the FSX version first. This is always something that irritates me. There's absolutely no reason for any developer to do this. Technically the same aircraft will run perfectly fine in both sims. The only reason there are different versions is because of licencing issues. So this wait is gonna be a lot longer than I had hoped :bengong:

This frustrates me as well... but they started development on this years ago before 64bit came into play. I really wish P3D version would be first. FSX really needs to die, it's been around long enough.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, nealmac said:

However, I never realised they were releasing the FSX version first. This is always something that irritates me. There's absolutely no reason for any developer to do this.

Do keep in mind that development started years before P3D gained much traction, and if I remember correctly, it had started early enough that it was still being debated whether an FS9 model would exist.

I'll be more interested to see a 787. The A330 is essentially a big A320, so its systems are not vastly different, whereas the 787 is completely different from other Boeings in terms of its core systems and what you see in the cockpit, and I think that makes it a more interesting prospect for us.

As far as Airbuses are concerned, I'd be more interested in seeing a decent A340, since with it having four engines, there are a few things it can do which most other airliners, being twins (other than the B747 and A380 of course) cannot do, i.e. go across massive oceans without worrying about any of that ETOPS malarkey. This is why that 787 test flight yesterday for a record number of hours stayed over the continental US.

• Upvote 1

I agree, a 340 would be great as it is something new and like you say a 330 is too similar.

I'll go 787 for something a bit different.

Btw I think the 2012 test flight was nearly 2 hours longer.

Chris

On 04/08/2017 at 1:44 PM, Captain Kevin said:

Do keep in mind that development started years before P3D gained much traction, and if I remember correctly, it had started early enough that it was still being debated whether an FS9 model would exist.

Yeah. I suppose I forgot to take P3D's move to 64bit into account. However other developers have been doing this for a long time. FSL did it with their A320.