duckbilled

Older LatinVFR scenery in V4

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

As I did with my T2G scenery, I went though my older LatinVFR stuff in FSX to see if it worked in V4. Latin America is looking pretty bare right now and sice these are small airports with probably limited market potential, I am guess they will probably not be updated any time in the near future.

The most recent installers were downloaded from Simmarket with any updates or patches. Installers were pointed to a temporary location, files were copied into my addon scenery folder (outside v4) and scenery were added using Addon Organizer. I just did a quick look in slew to see if the airport looked like it did kn FSX. If it looked good during the day, I checked it out at night. Disclaimer  - there may still be issues with the airports that seem to work. Also, these are old products, so don't buy them with the goal of installing into V4. The ones that work are pretty outdated.

MDSD: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

MMCZ: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

MROC: Yes - Seems to work

SVMI: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

Cayman Islands: No - Exclude issues, Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

MGGT: Yes - Seems to work

TTPP: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

Enjoy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, duckbilled said:

Hi,

As I did with my T2G scenery, I went though my older LatinVFR stuff in FSX to see if it worked in V4. Latin America is looking pretty bare right now and sice these are small airports with probably limited market potential, I am guess they will probably not be updated any time in the near future.

The most recent installers were downloaded from Simmarket with any updates or patches. Installers were pointed to a temporary location, files were copied into my addon scenery folder (outside v4) and scenery were added using Addon Organizer. I just did a quick look in slew to see if the airport looked like it did kn FSX. If it looked good during the day, I checked it out at night. Disclaimer  - there may still be issues with the airports that seem to work. Also, these are old products, so don't buy them with the goal of installing into V4. The ones that work are pretty outdated.

MDSD: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

MMCZ: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

MROC: Yes - Seems to work

SVMI: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

Cayman Islands: No - Exclude issues, Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

MGGT: Yes - Seems to work

TTPP: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through

Enjoy

"MDSD: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through"

When you install the airport it creates a folder in your hard drive Flight Simulator X/Scenery/World/Scenery

MDSD_ADE_RGM_ALT.BGL

Search for the file and in the Flight Simulator X you will find the textures & effects too. Mine was in drive C.

Same with

MKJS_ADE_RGM_ALT.BGL

Have fun!

37 minutes ago, DJJose said:

"MDSD: No - Elevation issues/ground Texture bleed through"

When you install the airport it creates a folder in your hard drive Flight Simulator X/Scenery/World/Scenery

MDSD_ADE_RGM_ALT.BGL

Search for the file and in the Flight Simulator X you will find the textures & effects too. Mine was in drive C.

Same with

MKJS_ADE_RGM_ALT.BGL

Have fun!

I got the files for MGGT and TTPP, but the installers didn't give me the one for MDSD. TTPP Still didn't work, but I'll check FSX for the MDSD files.

Thanks!

13 hours ago, duckbilled said:

I got the files for MGGT and TTPP, but the installers didn't give me the one for MDSD. TTPP Still didn't work, but I'll check FSX for the MDSD files.

Thanks!

It's very simple.

Just install to the default folder and then copy the files to the p3d v4 locations. It worked perfectly for me.

MDSD for me installs fine as long as I place it under ORBX global. Otherwise I get water patches. 

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

It's very simple.

Just install to the default folder and then copy the files to the p3d v4 locations. It worked perfectly for me.

Thanks. I did run the installers pointing at a temp location, but the elevation files for MMCZ, and SVMI never ended up on that folder. After copying them, both work. They don't look perfect, but they work. I'm wondering if all of these would look better without the photocenery.

MDSD is good now. Not sure why it didn't work on this first try. TTPP is still a no go.