Sign in to follow this  
jbrett2634

Best scenery ever?

Looking at the OP's video, if that doeen't put FSW on the map nothing will. Stunning it is.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

12 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

FWIW. It's...

On the first link, it is not in English, so have no idea what I am looking at lol. Is it for the photoscenery in the video ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

7 hours ago, SmokeDiddy said:

Maybe to some that haven't been around as long as you have and may not have another sim.  It would be nice for a change for some to not say anything if they don't have anything positive to say...did you ever think of that?

it is not a matter of being positive or negative; that is open to personal interpretation anyway. 

not saying that the work presented on the video look good or bad (on the video) - or that fsw is bad or good

all i say is that photorealistic and autogen is nothing new and if anybody like this kind of scenery there is lots already out there; as is not just being invented yesterday :

just an example  xplane

look at france vfr works to give another example - fsx / p3d - and possibly also work in fsw

http://www.francevfr.com/product_vfrlanp3d.htm

Frank Dainese works:

http://scenarialpinifsx.blogspot.co.uk/

maybe those are also best scenery ever  ?

52 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

it is not a matter of being positive or negative; that is open to personal interpretation anyway. 

not saying that the work presented on the video look good or bad (on the video) - or that fsw is bad or good

all i say is that photorealistic and autogen is nothing new and if anybody like this kind of scenery there is lots already out there; as is not just being invented yesterday :

just an example  xplane

look at france vfr works to give another example - fsx / p3d - and possibly also work in fsw

http://www.francevfr.com/product_vfrlanp3d.htm

Frank Dainese works:

http://scenarialpinifsx.blogspot.co.uk/

maybe those are also best scenery ever  ?

Those examples while being quite good are not in the same league as the FSW videos, and remember this is a pre release unfinished product, nothing else has environmental effects on this level and I say that as the most biased P3D user you are likely to meet.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Glynn said:

Those examples while being quite good are not in the same league as the FSW videos, and remember this is a pre release unfinished product, nothing else has environmental effects on this level and I say that as the most biased P3D user you are likely to meet.

1 hour ago, Glynn said:

spot the difference between p3d fsx and fsw on Leclercq Video:

put it the way we like it - either than true sky different clouds i see no other difference - using high res photorealistic + TREEX-LEGACY either in fsx p3d or fsw

49 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

put it the way we like it - either than true sky different clouds i see no other difference - using high res photorealistic + TREEX-LEGACY either in fsx p3d or fsw

So you did not notice the very much improved environmental effects or the motion of the aircraft provided by the built in A2A accufeel which on it's own costs almost as much as this whole simulator in it's pre release form.

The Sim is really developing into a nice product at a very reasonable price and once the SDK is released we should get some reasonably priced 3rd party addon's via Steam and it's frequent sales.

Whats not to like ?

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, arsenal82 said:

But that's the whole point. Is the graphics (scenery) in the OP's video good or bad? Is it better than, for example, P3D straight out of the box? The use of aerial photographs is not the point (many of us have used Flight Unlimited). 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Glynn said:

So you did not notice the very much improved environmental effects or the motion of the aircraft provided by the built in A2A accufeel which on it's own costs almost as much as this whole simulator in it's pre release form.

The Sim is really developing into a nice product at a very reasonable price and once the SDK is released we should get some reasonably priced 3rd party addon's via Steam and it's frequent sales.

Whats not to like ?

yes true fsw include accufeel; but that is not new either to flightsimulation - yes is included as default - very true - but the fsw terrain engine is mostly unchanged from fsx; that is why fsx - addons terrain based scenery work in fsw as they are, and to be honest they also show exactly as in fsx or p3d. I am comparing the scenery and how it look in fsw  - not the simulators itselfs.

• Upvote 1

Looks very nice but as noted, it's pretty much the same in p3d or fsx.

Aerofly FS2 has the best looking photoscenery package I have ever seen with the ORBX LOWI addon. 

21 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Looks very nice but as noted, it's pretty much the same in p3d or fsx.

Of course it is, as we all know, it is based on the same codebase so no surprise there really.

I understand that there is some resistance and negativity around FSW from long time FSX and P3D users, but watch the videos and then tell me that default P3D environment looks as good.

Undeniably the atmospherics are the best of any default simulator available, there is no way available that we can buy rain and cloud  effects this good for FSX/P3D.

Out of the box the sim has FTX global, a $79 cost , accufeel $19, a handfull of recent Carenado/albao aircraft. 

The Sim is currently on sale for $19 and they have already pushed way past the graphic capabilities of FSX/P3D and it's not even a full release yet,

Watch the videos on you tube and imagine where this will be a year from now if it gets support from the community

• Upvote 2

To my fellow FSW enthusiasts,

If you feed the naysayers, they will continue to post…dragging you into a futile debate about a fantastic sim that you have already invested in and enjoy.

Greatness doesn’t need to be defended, you either see it or you don’t.

• Upvote 7

I also agree that the atmospherics effects/looks are already the best of any simulator available!  The scenery in the video looks stunning and once airliners and 3rd party general aviation are available FSW and X-Plane 11 will be the only two simulators on my machine.

• Upvote 2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

3 hours ago, Glynn said:

Of course it is, as we all know, it is based on the same codebase so no surprise there really.

I understand that there is some resistance and negativity around FSW from long time FSX and P3D users, but watch the videos and then tell me that default P3D environment looks as good.

Undeniably the atmospherics are the best of any default simulator available, there is no way available that we can buy rain and cloud  effects this good for FSX/P3D.

Out of the box the sim has FTX global, a $79 cost , accufeel $19, a handfull of recent Carenado/albao aircraft. 

The Sim is currently on sale for $19 and they have already pushed way past the graphic capabilities of FSX/P3D and it's not even a full release yet,

Watch the videos on you tube and imagine where this will be a year from now if it gets support from the community

Sorry, I thought the discussion was around the scenery package / terrain engine, not the effects.

Right now the clouds look great in FSW. That is about all I look at and go 'wow' wish I had that in v4. The rain is 'meh'. The effect doesn't look right with speed and altitude though. Admittedly its better than the other FS based sims though.

Its all about 3rd party support at this point. As of right now, it doesn't look good does it?

It's true that FSX, P3D and FSW all have the same terrain engine for the most part. While it is quite an old engine, having worked with it to make detailed scenery I have to say it's very capable and if you give it good data it produces some very good results. The differences between the sims is the data that's being given to the engine plus some differences in rendering, lighting and environment. Which is "better" is largely a matter of personal preference. I still think FSX with AS2016 and DX10 fixer looks pretty darn good, but with trueSky I think FSW has the potential to have the best environment and effects.

P3D has some improvements I'd love to see in FSW. One is the greater autogen draw distance, and the other is dynamic lighting. DTG did do some nice work on autogen, it looks more dense than FSX and it does alpha-fade, so while there is some popping it seems a lot less noticeable than in FSX, but I'd like to have some control over draw distance. FSX never offered good ways to do lighting and I think DTG really needs to do something there, so devs can add airport lighting that actually lights up objects when they move under the light.

I think DTG will be motivated to do some upgrades to the terrain engine as it looks dated compared to other games available on Steam. I'm sure they will get to it but they had other parts of the sim they needed to work on first.

Barry Friedman