Jihong Min

Best A330 out right now or going to be released

Recommended Posts

I post this topic since I currently own only P3D not FSX, neither X-plane.

But since 2007 when I play FS2004 for first flight simulator, I have always desperately wanted good A330, closed to PMDG or fslabs a320's quality.

I'll happily buy new simulator if there's a good A330 on that simulator even if it's not for P3D.

During the time searching about it, I found these A330 variations: JarDesign, RWDesign, BlackBox Simulation.

Also I know Aerosoft is developing new a330, and heard about Fslabs are going to develop a330 but it seems not going to happen soon.

Which one is the best one? If there are better others, please share with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am pretty sure that the A330 by RWDesign and JarDesign are only for X-Plane. But you can never really have too many flight simulators unless you are working with a limited amount of storage.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

As Keith said, the RWDesign and JAR Design A330s are only for X-Plane.   In my opinion the RW Design model is of very low quality and the JAR model, while having better systems provision is also lacking in many areas and (to me) just lacks immersion and a feeling of realism. Oh and it's vastly overpriced for what it is!

The Blackbox A330 - it's unfinished and whilst you can complete a flight with it (just), few would recommend it.

Your best bet is to wait a little while, as Aerosoft will soon be releasing a A330 that looks fantastic according to their previews.  This will be for P3D (and FSX).

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, flyerkg said:

I am pretty sure that the A330 by RWDesign and JarDesign are only for X-Plane. But you can never really have too many flight simulators unless you are working with a limited amount of storage.

 

 

2 minutes ago, JYW said:

As Keith said, the RWDesign and JAR Design A330s are only for X-Plane.   In my opinion the RW Design model is of very low quality and the JAR model, while having better systems provision is also lacking in many areas and (to me) just lacks immersion and a feeling of realism. Oh and it's vastly overpriced for what it is!

The Blackbox A330 - it's unfinished and whilst you can complete a flight with it (just), few would recommend it.

Your best bet is to wait a little while, as Aerosoft will soon be releasing a A330 that looks fantastic according to their previews.  This will be for P3D (and FSX).

Like I said first, I will buy X-Plane also but only if their payware A330s' quality are good.

Will Aerosoft's A330 be the best quality than current A330s? It seems Aerosoft's ones are lack of quality and not implemented in many details such as failures. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Jihong Min said:

 

Like I said first, I will buy X-Plane also but only if their payware A330s' quality are good.

Will Aerosoft's A330 be the best quality than current A330s? It seems Aerosoft's ones are lack of quality and not implemented in many details such as failures. 

How do you know anything about the quality of Aerosoft A330 before it is even released, while the preview screen shots look pretty good?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Cai Zicheng said:

How do you know anything about the quality of Aerosoft A330 before it is even released, while the preview screen shots look pretty good?

I know the preview of VC is quite good and frankly, their current quality of A320's VC is also good.

I pointed out the quality because their A320's implementation(not graphics, but system) is somewhat limited compared to fslabs's one, even though Aerosoft's products are always at reasonable price.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Jihong Min said:

I know the preview of VC is quite good and frankly, their current quality of A320's VC is also good.

I pointed out the quality because their A320's implementation(not graphics, but system) is somewhat limited compared to fslabs's one, even though Aerosoft's products are always at reasonable price.

Reasonable price, decent performance. The Aerosoft bus is not perfect but imho, its the best balanced one out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, GHarrall said:

Reasonable price, decent performance. The Aerosoft bus is not perfect but imho, its the best balanced one out there.

Yeah, I admitted it. So then, is there anything better than Aerosoft's A330 when not thinking about the price?

For the time being, is it the best products with reasonable price? It seems they quite delayed it. 

Share this post


Link to post

The Aerosoft a330 will probably not be a study level sim. That isn't the business that Aerosoft are in. But it will be better than all the rest, once it is released of course. At least for the foreseeable future.

Just my opinion, of course.

Share this post


Link to post

If you really want full study level. No choice but to wait for an FSLabs version. Looks like it is in development based on a few teaser statements they gave out. 

Share this post


Link to post

For the moment, the JARDesign for XP is best you can get. 

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, tgcbraun said:

For the moment, the JARDesign for XP is best you can get. 

Sure if you want something that has a lot of bugs, unrealistic flight dynamics, and bad systems modeling. It just looks like an airbus, apart from that nothing else. 

The best you can get right now, apart from the $500 Flightdeck A32X, for a home simulator is the FSLabs A320

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

If you really want full study level. No choice but to wait for an FSLabs version. Looks like it is in development based on a few teaser statements they gave out. 

Is the fslabs's one being developed right now? Can you give me some information or links for me?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Jihong Min said:

Is the fslabs's one being developed right now? Can you give me some information or links for me?

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/13055-prepar3d-v4-roadmap-and-compatibility/

This statement:

Quote

FSLabs XXXX-X
 
- There is another FSLabs aircraft add-on product in the initial stages of development at the moment. We will not say much more about it however, except that it can take... well... more fuel than the A320-X series :).

Not exactly confirmed that it is the A330 but it is a good bet that it is. I wouldn't expect it though atleast until Late next year

Share this post


Link to post

Actually, it doesn't even need to be an Airbus given the lack of info. :happy:
Although it's likely a Bus, it might as well be any longer range plane.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now