Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Which Carenado/Alabeo airplanes do you fly on a consistent basis?

1)      690B Turbo Commander

2)      PC12 (Bert's MOD)

3)      C337

4)      C208B Grand Caravan EX

5)      500 Aero Commander

I have a couple Carenado Business jets but #1 and #2 are the most flown by me. All have GTN 750 by F1. I do slip the Aerosoft DHC6-300 Twin Otter in between #1 and #2 for short haul passenger runs.

Dick

I routinely fly these:

- AC500

- PA23

- C207

- Piper Tomahawk

- I enjoy the C337, but it doesn't get flown atm due to not having a proper GPS

- BE58 (with REP)

- C210 (with REP)

would/will fly these when they are updated for V4:

- C550 Citation II

- C185

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, jbrett2634 said:

- C185

I have the 185 installed in v4.  Used the add-on.xml method (if I can do it that way :angry:, then it can be installed the "FSX" way as well).  Works a peach... haven't had any problems.  Just point the installer where you want it to go.

Greg

None. They are nothing more then eye candy junk! I stupidly purchased the turbo Commander 2 weeks ago after I said to my self in the past never again. I thought its been about 3 years since I started boycotting Caranardo so I will give them a second chance. What a mistake. Still eye candy junk.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I fly the Alabeo Seminole on a regular basis - very nice airplane.

Carenado favorites... PC12, C90GTX, Phenom 300..

Add a Flight1 GTN750 and your avionics needs are taken care of.. :cool:

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

I fly the Alabeo Seminole on a regular basis - very nice airplane.

Carenado favorites... PC12, C90GTX, Phenom 300..

Add a Flight1 GTN750 and your avionics needs are taken care of.. :cool:

Does the Seminole from Alabeo work in P3Dv4?  

I too like their oldies.. their dated 182 etc...  I am not into their (carenado) glass cockpit aircrafts

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

16 minutes ago, Manny said:

Does the Seminole from Alabeo work in P3Dv4?  

I too like their oldies.. their dated 182 etc...  I am not into their (carenado) glass cockpit aircrafts

Yes, It has been updated.

Bert

Phenom 300, M20R Mooney, C337, 500S Aero Commander.

As others have said: the piston aircraft and jets are pretty good. Turboprops are...problematic. This is true of most turboprops regardless of developer. 

This is due to the underlying code base. Only the developers who write their software to bypass this limitation succeed. (I'm looking at you Majestic!)

Piston aircraft makers, in my opinion: A2A > Milviz > the others.

Jet aircraft makers, in my opinion: PMDG > Flysimware > Aerosoft > the others.

Turbine aircraft makers, in my opinion: Majestic > Flight 1 > the others.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Funny how that C337 keeps popping up.  That was their last Gold Star Award.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

4 hours ago, jbrett2634 said:

I enjoy the C337, but it doesn't get flown atm due to not having a proper GPS

They added the GTN to it in v.2.0, if you have the GTN.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

17 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Funny how that C337 keeps popping up.  That was their last Gold Star Award.

As far as I am concerned the C337 was the only great plane Caranardo has made. Its a shame Caranardo focus on quantity instead of quality.  

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Just now, YukonPete said:

As far as I am concerned the C337 was the only great plane Caranardo has made. Its a shame Caranardo focus on quantity instead of quality.  

If they could do some QA it would help.  They seem to not have much of an idea of what the buttons do.  I'd even pay for a 2.0 if the fixes were significant. 

• A C337 with a new cockpit layout, working cowl flaps that cause you to have to watch temperature, better night lighting.
  • A Mirage with GTN750/650 integration, sound improvements, a working ground radio, not defaulting to both fuel tanks (which is not possible in the real plane), a non-autocoordinated rudder, better night lighting, working cowl flaps.
  • A TBM with steam gauges.

This, to me, is a real 2.0 and, also, a proof that I'm a broken record.  A dev that wanted to make an airplane great would probably want to spend some time reading over at PPrune to see what oddities an airplane has...lots of good info there.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

The CJ2, recently I've been giving the Premiere some play time but I  am about to hop back into the Phenom 300 since it got an update. 

3 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

They added the GTN to it in v.2.0, if you have the GTN.

I do have the GTN, but didn't think they added it. Looking now. 

I was looking to see how many 337's were reg'ed here in the US and only found 4 and one of them is located in Iran right now. Does that sound right??

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/