Araxxos

RESOLVED P3D V4 Crash during long haul

Recommended Posts

Hi!

So I just got a CTD during my first flight on P3D v4. I was using the PMDG 77W from the Sunskyjets KPHL to EDDF (Aerosoft) and was half across the atlantic flying on VATSIM (vPilot) when I got a CTD... :-/ 
I checked the event viewer and it says the fault module was ntdll.dll...(Ill copy the fault message below, it's in swedish but the important stuff will be there)... 

Since I just got the sim after having been on FSX since 2009 I do not have much installed. I have spent some money on some payware addons and I hope this wasn't a mistake :( Does anyone know what the problem might be or how to fix it? :/

I'll list my addons and specs below + the error message.

Addons:

ORBX FTX Global Base
ORBX HD Trees
PMDG 777-200/300
Activesky for P3D v4
Aerosoft EDDF
Envtex
Sunskyjets KPHL
vPilot - SPAI AI Traffic
FSUIPC 5

Specs:
Intel i7 7800X 3.5Ghz 8.25MB
MSI GTX Geforce 1080 Ti Gaming X 11GB GDDR5
Corsair Hydro 115i
Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB DDR4
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
Seagate Firecuda 2TB (P3D installed here)

Error message from Event viewer:

Loggnamn:      Application
Källa:         Application Error
Datum:         2017-09-08 05:32:06
Händelse-ID:   1000
Aktivitetskategori:(100)
Nivå:          Fel
Nyckelord:     Klassiskt
Användare:     Saknas
Dator:         DESKTOP-O6CHHU8
Beskrivning:
Felet uppstod i programmet med namn: Prepar3D.exe, version 4.0.28.21686, tidsstämpel 0x594a7255
, felet uppstod i modulen med namn: ntdll.dll, version 10.0.14393.1532, tidsstämpel 0x5965abad
Undantagskod: 0xc0000374
Felförskjutning: 0x00000000000f8363
Process-ID: 0x1b48
Programmets starttid: 0x01d3282962b741ae
Sökväg till program: D:\Program (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Sökväg till modul: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Rapport-ID: e8a70025-bc89-45be-a016-d7b29452545e
Fullständigt namn på felaktigt paket: 
Program-ID relativt till felaktigt paket: 
Händelsens XML-data:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-09-08T03:32:06.870509100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>1903</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-O6CHHU8</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>4.0.28.21686</Data>
    <Data>594a7255</Data>
    <Data>ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.14393.1532</Data>
    <Data>5965abad</Data>
    <Data>c0000374</Data>
    <Data>00000000000f8363</Data>
    <Data>1b48</Data>
    <Data>01d3282962b741ae</Data>
    <Data>D:\Program (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll</Data>
    <Data>e8a70025-bc89-45be-a016-d7b29452545e</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

 

Any help would be appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Since you have FSUIPC installed, I would look there first.  However corrupted scenery can cause a crash anywhere in the sim, without warning.   Once you start adding things into the application it can be hard to get back to a baseline and find the culprit.  I always suggest a step by step approach with add-ons, keep a log of what you've added and pay attention to any issues that crop up.  You can always go back to the beginning and reinstall.

I have found that P3d doesn't always like my saved flights and it will crash right away on some of them.  I have to be careful to pick a startup situation that I know will work.  P3d may have a bug reading some of the parameters of saved flights, so that might also happen in mid-flight if the parameters get mixed up.

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check to see the NTDLL.dll error in the p3d ctd guide and stop using pirated traffic. Who knows what else they have in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using fsrealtime?  

Skai could have non native models,  my money on that.  

Maybe they can pin a sticky on non native models I reckon there's been 20 topics to date on this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a known issue with pmdg planes and ctd after few hours of flying (ntdll.dll). Its caused by popping out the captains pfd. once you did it, there is a good chance of facing a ctd after a couple of hours.

pmdg reacted in the latest updates and disabled the captains pfd pop out of all planes (737, 777, 747) by default. you have to enable it manually in the fmc pmdg options menu. but you will get a warning of a possible ctd by enabling it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NTD.DLL Is the bearer of many issues of CTDS problem is narrowing down which one.

As mentioned before If I unplug my usb joystick I get a ctd and NTD.DLL 

If you have non native ai models that will cause it

The pmdg one is common

If you run the sim with out the scenery\world\scenery folder activated you get them for examaple I found that out a few weeks ago by mistake playing with the lorby tool

In fact 8 times out of 10 youll get the ntd.dll error for various issues the other 2 you will get APL.DLL and aiplayer.dll.  For example the affinty mask tweak used a api.dll error for me.

The devil is finding out which one it is.  Does that skai have the camsim 787 in it ??   that will cause a ntd.dll

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tooting said:

NTD.DLL Is the bearer of many issues of CTDS problem is narrowing down which one.

As mentioned before If I unplug my usb joystick I get a ctd and NTD.DLL 

If you have non native ai models that will cause it

The pmdg one is common

If you run the sim with out the scenery\world\scenery folder activated you get them for examaple I found that out a few weeks ago by mistake playing with the lorby tool

In fact 8 times out of 10 youll get the ntd.dll error for various issues the other 2 you will get APL.DLL and aiplayer.dll.  For example the affinty mask tweak used a api.dll error for me.

The devil is finding out which one it is.  Does that skai have the camsim 787 in it ??   that will cause a ntd.dll

 

 

 

 

I have the same problem when unplugging my Saitek Yoke. What I usually do is click on another application so P3D is no longer in focus, wait about 5 seconds, unplug the yoke , wait another 5 seconds or so, then put P3D back into focus. Same for plugging it in. That solved it for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

I have the same problem when unplugging my Saitek Yoke. What I usually do is click on another application so P3D is no longer in focus, wait about 5 seconds, unplug the yoke , wait another 5 seconds or so, then put P3D back into focus. Same for plugging it in. That solved it for me. 

asus motherboard ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jeypee said:

There is a known issue with pmdg planes and ctd after few hours of flying (ntdll.dll). Its caused by popping out the captains pfd. once you did it, there is a good chance of facing a ctd after a couple of hours.

pmdg reacted in the latest updates and disabled the captains pfd pop out of all planes (737, 777, 747) by default. you have to enable it manually in the fmc pmdg options menu. but you will get a warning of a possible ctd by enabling it.

 

 

Does this include the FO pfd? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Araxxos said:

Does this include the FO pfd? 

No, this is part of the mystery. FO PFD not affected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The exception code - 0xc0000374 indicates Heap Corruption.  You can lower your overclock or return the OC to the optimal default and that fixes most ntdll.dll errors.  MyTrafficX also causes the ntdll.dll error as trafficmil.bgl is not compatible with P3DV4.  You did not indicate you had that installed though.  Just mentioning in case you have it installed.  If you are flying near the incompatible aircraft, it may cause your sim to crash.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides suggestions I found across the internet for NTDLL.dll errors.  Look in the rear of the guide.

Best regards,

Jim

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

The exception code - 0xc0000374 indicates Heap Corruption.  You can lower your overclock or return the OC to the optimal default and that fixes most ntdll.dll errors.  MyTrafficX also causes the ntdll.dll error as trafficmil.bgl is not compatible with P3DV4.  You did not indicate you had that installed though.  Just mentioning in case you have it installed.  If you are flying near the incompatible aircraft, it may cause your sim to crash.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides suggestions I found across the internet for NTDLL.dll errors.  Look in the rear of the guide.

Best regards,

Jim

 

I don't have it overclocked though :-/ unless it came OC when i bought it which i doubt...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Araxxos said:

I don't have it overclocked though :-/ unless it came OC when i bought it which i doubt...

Okay.  I made the comment as I did not know whether it was OC or not.  Most modern systems are OC'd and your CPU - i7 7800X can be OC'd up to around 4.7GHz..  In the BIOS, if you save it with the optimal defaults, it would automatically be overclocked to 4.0GHz.  But you have decided to keep it at 3.5GHz which is the stock setting.  Bottom line, a bad overclock should be discounted.  I just wanted to mention it as too high or too low CPU voltage setting, even by the expert overclockers will cause the ntdll.dll error.

So I again recommend you check out the ways others in the community fixed an ntdll.dll crash by looking at the many suggestions on page 33 of the guide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was having a similar problem as you were.  I have a similar rig and have similar add-ons.  Two hours into transatlantic --> CTD --> again, again, and again.   I fly the PMDG T7 and 737ngx.  Then one flight I used the 737ngx --> I didn't load any flightplan into AS4D or P3D --> flew for 6 hours straight and no CTD.  I thought I might be on to something --> so in the T7 I turned off upload flight plan to AS4D/P3D and voila --> 10 hour flight without CTD.  So for me I was able to alleviate the CTD by doing all flight-planning on the FMC and not allowing the flight plan to be uploaded into AS4D/P3d. Only annoying thing is the AS4D keeps asking for flight plan to be loaded via the green message bar.

 

Give it a try.. might work for you too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-09-09 at 2:41 PM, Jim Young said:

Okay.  I made the comment as I did not know whether it was OC or not.  Most modern systems are OC'd and your CPU - i7 7800X can be OC'd up to around 4.7GHz..  In the BIOS, if you save it with the optimal defaults, it would automatically be overclocked to 4.0GHz.  But you have decided to keep it at 3.5GHz which is the stock setting.  Bottom line, a bad overclock should be discounted.  I just wanted to mention it as too high or too low CPU voltage setting, even by the expert overclockers will cause the ntdll.dll error.

So I again recommend you check out the ways others in the community fixed an ntdll.dll crash by looking at the many suggestions on page 33 of the guide.

I have since cheched bios and it is oc:d to 4,0 ghz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2017 at 11:06 AM, IAhawkeyeDDS said:

I was having a similar problem as you were.  I have a similar rig and have similar add-ons.  Two hours into transatlantic --> CTD --> again, again, and again.   I fly the PMDG T7 and 737ngx.  Then one flight I used the 737ngx --> I didn't load any flightplan into AS4D or P3D --> flew for 6 hours straight and no CTD.  I thought I might be on to something --> so in the T7 I turned off upload flight plan to AS4D/P3D and voila --> 10 hour flight without CTD.  So for me I was able to alleviate the CTD by doing all flight-planning on the FMC and not allowing the flight plan to be uploaded into AS4D/P3d. Only annoying thing is the AS4D keeps asking for flight plan to be loaded via the green message bar.

 

Give it a try.. might work for you too.

This is a bit late to the rodeo but I just had a 9 hour flight with 20 mins to go...CTD with PMDG T7 and ChasePlane on view change...seems this is still not fixed. Not sure who the culprit was but between the two it is almost $200 USD....this is just nuts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After 9 hours of running a benchmark program to test the stability of your computer system with or without an overclocked computer, you could have the same issue.  How come you can fly for 9 hours with the PMDG T7, ChasePlane, ASP4, and other scenery/AI program and not have a crash until 9 hours later.  If it was one of the programs you mentioned, wouldn't you think it would have crashed sooner?  So I suggest it is your hardware like your CPU or GPU causing the problem.

I have monitored my system during flights and have seen the temp on the CPU slowly rise over time getting close to 70C (which is well within parameters).  It stays like that most of the time but sometimes I have seen it between 80-90C depending on the situation.  It just takes an overheated CPU, GPU, MB, or SIMM to suddenly crash your system and, after nine hours, that makes sense it is crashing especially if your P3D settings are high.  This may be a reason why it is happening to only you and a few others but not to everyone.

But then, you read many of the other nearby topics and people are not getting crashes when you turn off ASP4.  Turn it on and you get crashes and they say it's because their simconnect and program needs to be loaded with Administrative Privileges.  Now, this is not their problem but that of Windows 10.

Hope you can get it sorted.

Best regards,

Jim

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2017 at 8:22 PM, Jim Young said:

The exception code - 0xc0000374 indicates Heap Corruption.  You can lower your overclock or return the OC to the optimal default and that fixes most ntdll.dll errors.  MyTrafficX also causes the ntdll.dll error as trafficmil.bgl is not compatible with P3DV4.  You did not indicate you had that installed though.  Just mentioning in case you have it installed.  If you are flying near the incompatible aircraft, it may cause your sim to crash.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides suggestions I found across the internet for NTDLL.dll errors.  Look in the rear of the guide.

Best regards,

Jim

 

Hi I have the same exception code - 0xc0000374 and I believe is only bc of the heap corruption. I did a full reinstall of my computer and I install clean P3D V4, both 737 and 700 base and expansion, and still I got this error "ntdll.dll". I haven't tried to lower the OC or to retorn to the optimal default. Can you help me how to do this ? 

 

Best regards,

Pedro Cassoma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, pedro_cassoma said:

I haven't tried to lower the OC or to retorn to the optimal default. Can you help me how to do this ? 

 

In my BIOS, I have the ability to go to the ASUS Overclocking Profile and save my overclock to a USB drive (one of those flash drives).  You can then exit the BIOS and you will then see the option to load the Optimized Default settings.  This will result in an overclock too but it was optimized (at least with the ASUS Boards).  If you do not have an ASUS board, then you will have to Google something like how to set optimized defaults for Gigabit motherboard, etc.

Heap corruption is common and caused by Windows, not P3D.  P3D just happened to be running when it happens.

Best regards,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now