Hello everyone. I am going to order parts to build a pc in the coming weeks and would like some advice. I will provide a link to pc part picker below to show you the parts i have already picked out. My budget is 700-900 dollars and I want to build a pc that can run p3d v3-4 im not sure which one. The add ons I will use are gsx, aerosoft airbus, and ftx global, and a few sceneries. Would my specs be compatible and provide enough power or should I change them. Thank you for anyone who responds.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qt8VVY

Nearly there.  Change the motherboard to a Z170 or Z270 chipset board, and change the ram for 2x4gb sticks of 3200mhz stuff

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Looks fine for a budget build except the motherboard and 120GB ssd.  Try a Z270 by asrock ($150 board would be fine) and if you have a HDD that ssd will be fine.  Otherwise you'll be wishing for greater capacity

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely change my motherboard just when i try to use the z170 pc part picker tells me i will have to update the bios. Also, i was planning on buying an hdd too. I know I should install windows on the ssd, but should I install my games on it too?

10 hours ago, cakeisawesome04 said:

I will definitely change my motherboard just when i try to use the z170 pc part picker tells me i will have to update the bios.

I would go for a z270 to remove any necessity for a BIOS update - there are decent quality boards for less than $120. As Charlatan said, definitely go for two sticks of RAM (bought as a matched pair) or you'll lose out on the potential benefits of dual-channel RAM. Get the fastest RAM you can afford but you're unlikely to notice the difference between DDR4-2800 and DDR4-3200 and could save yourself about $15-20 (G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-2800 would cost about $79).

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Perhaps a water cooler for the CPU so you can OC it to 4.6Ghz and gain an additional six to ten fps

Maarten Otto

19.jpg

7 hours ago, Maarten Otto said:

Perhaps a water cooler for the CPU so you can OC it to 4.6Ghz and gain an additional six to ten fps

Good advice, but that cpu should clock to 4.4ghz or so easily enough with that cooler

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

8 hours ago, Maarten Otto said:

Good advice.  Then if u ever decide to delid the cpu u will have the required cooling.  I know u are on a budget but here is my recommendations.  Faster RAM, larger Samsung SSD, 7700K (HT does help on my system but a 7600K will do fine), full size tower, and a Asus Strix Z270 mobo, and liquid cooling.  These chips run hot.  Upgrading the mobo to a Z270 would be my #1 recommendation if it will fit your case. 

Matt Wilson

If you go for water cooling I would recommend the EVGA 280 closed loop cooler, fit and forget works a treat just built with one came out tops in test benchmarks.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

This guy is on a budget people lol

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Take a look at this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CCpfwV. It's towards the top end of your budget but gives you a well-rounded system with a little to spare to add a 1TB HDD. The case might not be to everyone's taste but it gets good reviews and has plenty of cooling options. Remember that you'll also need to add the OS (preferably Windows 10).

• Upvote 1

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

7 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Take a look at this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CCpfwV. It's towards the top end of your budget but gives you a well-rounded system with a little to spare to add a 1TB HDD. The case might not be to everyone's taste but it gets good reviews and has plenty of cooling options. Remember that you'll also need to add the OS (preferably Windows 10).

That's a good build for the price

UKV6427

ALso my os will be windows 10.  The case I have comes with a rear fan and spots for one fan on the top and two intake fans in the front. Im planning on buying those fans and putting them in my case. Would that benefit the airflow and would there be enough sockets on the mobo to hook them up? Also, should I install the sim on the ssd and my os on the ssd and then my add ons on the hdd, or does it all have to be on the ssd.