Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

P3D v4 & the JS-41

On 10/14/2017 at 5:34 AM, lasnubes said:

Here is something I am happy to show.... the J-41 allows for PMDG aircraft to happily fit in at many Orbx fields.  This is a combination that used to be much tougher.  With this commuter aircraft, especially when she's lightly loaded (shall we say, in an executive role), many heretofore inaccessible Orbx destinations can now be comfortably visited.  A brilliant combo... and one that many strictly GA flyers may now want to explore...

Click the pic for 4K (v4.1 btw)-

1FL4weA.jpg

Thank you for posting that.  That actually greatly enhances my interest in the J41 for the roles I wish to use her for.  For prop airline flying, nothing will ever beat my Q400, but I have been craving a smaller advanced prop for digging into GA level executive flying, and this bird definitely fits the bill.  I plan on doing many flights in and out of Telluride, Eagle, Aspen and Leadville from my home airport of Pueblo, CO in this fine aircraft, role-playing as an executive private charter.  Couple that with FS2Crew at my side and I am going to have the ultimate executive GA experience in my hands.  :)

You are very welcome.  As much as I love my 744 and flying long haul.... there's a lot that I adore about the Orbx World, and the J-41 allows me to explore much more of it than other PMDG offerings.  Plus, it's so very different than a Boeing.... In much the same way that the DC-6 endeared itself to me, the J-41 has been the change that refreshes....  I eagerly look forward to what's coming down the PMDG pipeline... but for the moment, I am often preoccupied with taming TPE-331-14s....

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

59 minutes ago, FishermanIvan said:

Any news on how much longer we’re waiting for this beauty?

Unknown

Dan Downs KCRP

I am one of the crazy simmers I only like flying aircraft that fly real routes. Not many private js41's out there and so little in airline service, I am hoping that PMDG next year decide to do a full simulation of their old B1900C/D line including a freighter model - David Lee

17 hours ago, downscc said:

Unknown

„In very short order“ ^^

7 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

js41's out there and so little in airline service

Eastern have got probably half the fleet and have a very comprehensive UK network 

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

4 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Eastern have got probably half the fleet and have a very comprehensive UK network 

My addon airports for the region are only the big hubs, if I had more money to buy the addon scenery needed it could be fun, but just a default gps no fmc is no fun in my opinion - David Lee

• Upvote 1

UK2000 VFR Airfields could represent good value, there are 3 volumes each with around 30 airfields (although not all will be suitable for the J41). The quality is not up to the standard of the Xtreme series, but you're getting 30 airfields for £30 vs 1 for £20.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Just a little correction here.....the VFR Airfields packages include around 70 airfields and airports in each volume, not 30 :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the correction @Christopher Low; dammit, serves me right for not checking! Ah well, at least I didn't over promise and under deliver! Quite a few of those will be grass strips though (it even includes unlicensed fields) so I'd guess under half will be suitable for JS41 airline ops, so that would make it 30 per volume? Work with me here, I'm trying to dig myself out of a hole!

• Upvote 1

support1.jpg

To be fair, I think that 30 would be an over estimate for the number of airfields/airports per volume that would be suitable for the JS41. Of course, you could land the JS41 at an old RAF airfield that is now being used by a local flying club, but I couldn't guarantee that it would be a smooth, comfortable landing :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

There is another reason to buy UK2000's VFR Airfield Volume 3 if you have the Jetstream, and that is it includes Woodford Aerodrome (EGCD) appearing as it was before it closed down in August 2011, which is a much improved version of the default EGCD which is still an active airfield in P3D and FSX, owing to its legacy of being based upon the original MS FSX.

Woodford was the production centre for a number of famous aircraft (although not the Jetstream 31 or 41, but the Jetstream 61, which was a souped up version of the ATP was built there), but, when BAe was managing the worldwide sales and leasing of Jetstream 31 and 41 models, the base of operations for that was Woodford, and the training centre for crews on those aircraft was located there, so Woodford was the airfield for the Jetstream trainee pilots for quite a while, thus if you want to learn how to fly the Jetstream at the place where very many pilots did so for real, Woodford is that place.

If you are into history of aviation, Woodford is worth a look and fun to have in your flight sim. The AVRO company founded the airfield in the 1920s when A.V. Roe bought the farmland it was built on, and over the years it has seen many very famous aeroplanes being developed, tested and manufactured there, including the Lancaster, Lincoln, Anson, Shackleton, Vulcan, HS.748, Nimrod, ATP and the BAe 146 etc. For those of you who have cringed when watching the movie 633 Squadron, in which numerous perfectly airworthy deHavilland Mosquitoes were deliberately destroyed when simulating 'belly landing' for the movie, by taxying them at high speed across the airfield grass and deliberately retracting the landing gear, that is Woodford Aerodrome where it was filmed.

Also in that VFR UK 2000 volume 3 is BAe Warton (EGNO), which is still operational and is the home of BAe System Military and Air and Info. It was home to the development of a number of famous aeroplanes too: English Electric Canberra, English Electric Lightning, BAC TSR-2, Sepecat Jaguar, Panavia Tornado, BAe Hawk and Eurofighter Typhoon. For those of you with a BAe 146 in your virtual fleet, it is often operated from there as part of the Queen's Flight, and those of you who like choppers can also operate from there, as the Lancashire Constabulary's EC135 is based there, so your Jetstream can definitely land there too.

Also in that package is Humberside, which is another airfield related to BAe operations and the Jeststream and is interesting if you like flying into busy VFR airfields too, since it is home to no less than five flying clubs and is also the fourth busiest airfield in the UK for helicopter movements. If you like flying private charters in your Jetstream, Humberside is a good choice to operate from as it is regularly voted as one of the best airports in the UK in terms of passenger satisfaction.

Despite its closure, Woodford does still hold many aviation events because it is the home of the AVRO Heritage Museum, in 2015 it saw the last ever flyover of the retiring Vulcan, and just this year it had a show with fly bys from famous AVRO aeroplanes including the Anson and Lancaster, although since the runway is now largely demolished, they did not actually land or take off from there, however, Loach 011, (Huey.co.uk's Hughes OH-6A Cayuse), did land there that day (had a good chat with her pilot that day, who apparently prefers flying their Huey), so there was at least something using the airfield even then. Take off from there (as you still can in FS) and fly 025 degrees for 2.5 miles and you'll come right over my house, be sure to wave!

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

On 11/5/2017 at 2:38 AM, 777200lrf said:

I am one of the crazy simmers I only like flying aircraft that fly real routes. Not many private js41's out there and so little in airline service, I am hoping that PMDG next year decide to do a full simulation of their old B1900C/D line including a freighter model - David Lee

LOL Funny you say that.  I have had such an interest in the B1900 because it was the ONLY airliner that serves my hometown.  But as it stands, starting next month the B1900 is going bye bye and we're getting CRJs ... which for the town I live in is a HUGE upgrade.  But the B1900 will still be serving a huge number of airports in Colorado, so I still have an interest in her.

5 hours ago, Faelandaea Dravin said:

LOL Funny you say that.  I have had such an interest in the B1900 because it was the ONLY airliner that serves my hometown.  But as it stands, starting next month the B1900 is going bye bye and we're getting CRJs ... which for the town I live in is a HUGE upgrade.  But the B1900 will still be serving a huge number of airports in Colorado, so I still have an interest in her.

Great Lakes?

I'd fly the 1900 around Alaska on real routes and Ameriflight and Alpine Air 1900C freighters on their many routes. If I had a 1900C/D full simulation and a fully simulated Pilatus PC12 I'd never fly anything else!  - David Lee