Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

P3D v4 & the JS-41

On 11/30/2017 at 7:06 AM, ckyliu said:

Hopefully they will support other GPS units (such as ...)

Of course the actual virtual cockpit will be the main factor for bezel placement, but any and all nav units can work with any aircraft since FS2000 (or earlier). PMDG create the aircraft and follow rules for how they navigate, as does all aircraft devs. Even the A2A piper cub can use whatever exists if we want it to :) If it supports the 750 it will be super simple for us geeks to get rxp working (though I'm not a fan of rxp) in the vc. Minor panel.cfg edits, and that's only if it's not supported.

@ PMDG.

Hurry up already... I already bought a JS41 baseball cap and matching socks and underwear. It's all starting to stink but I know the day I decide to wash it all will be the day it's released and want my uniform ready... :P

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I get that but having to use a pop up every time I want to press a button on the thing (or possibly even look at it) is annoying, if it wasn't them no addons would bother with GPS VC integeration 

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Dan-

I've noticed your return, and am very glad to see you posting once more.  She's quite lovely, so you will want fresh smelling unis so as to make a good impression mate!

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

The product page states "Product is in final testing. Please check back soon!". Hopefully any day now!

21 minutes ago, R Hardman said:

The product page states "Product is in final testing. Please check back soon!". Hopefully any day now!

This can mean everything...

Sept 6th, Facebook: "because this will be landing on your desktop in short order!".

Sept 30th,  FB, another teaser...

It's software... Never think you're ready ;D

You guys have to remember PMDG "soon" can mean up to 1 and a half years away(NG) "very soon" for there DC was then nothing for 1-2 years.

Take everything PMDG say with hints with a JCB truck load of salt.

They have a track record like no other with hints around hinting "soon" it means nothing until you get a sticky post and an announcement.

I don't know why they do it as their produces are so good, that they feel a need to imply "we" will get something very soon and nothing happens for months. 

Bad and totally uncalled for.

They could come out with coming  christmas.....and it could meen christmas 2019-2020 and then a comment " we did not say which one haha". Why the need for silly games? I have no idear. But they like playing them. 

Just forget about releasers until you get "the post" /sticky.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 12/16/2017 at 5:56 AM, Nyxx said:

I don't know why they do it as their produces are so good, that they feel a need to imply "we" will get something very soon and nothing happens for months.

Bad and totally uncalled for.

Try developing software as part of a couple small teams, and you will learn precisely why...

It's not like any one of us over here going "you know what I think would be an AMAZING idea?!? Telling a bunch of people something will be out soon, and then just sitting on it...just because we can."

Seriously. I get that it's frustrating. It's just as frustrating for us.

We could just not share any info, too.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

34 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Try developing software as part of a couple small teams, and you will learn precisely why...

It's not like any one of us over here going "you know what I think would be an AMAZING idea?!? Telling a bunch of people something will be out soon, and then just sitting on it...just because we can."

Seriously. I get that it's frustrating. It's just as frustrating for us.

We could just not share any info, too.

Well since  PMDG is profession at software and they know these things can happen and it goes back to the NG. Why not just give update and leave out the " in your hands soon" "soon" etc.

"Seriously" Just an update and being keep in the picture is great to hear. But its you that creates people thinking there getting it "soon" with them sort of comments. 

I dont care how long it takes its ready when its ready. But its you that gives people false hope and keep doing it, time and time again. :biggrin:

So when people think they might get something and the months  go by, you say "Try developing software" Really Kyle! Think about it :cool: Its called learning by your mistakes!

"We could just not share any info, too."

For me updates alone are fine, when you have beta tested the release version and all is fine then tell us it will be "soon" or "in your hands soon" not until. But insight and progress is very nice to see and is appreciated. 

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

As for myself (and hopefully the silent majority), I would plead we return this thread to the J-41 Beta in Prepar3d v4.1 and leave the segways behind us.... please!  I share when I am moved to in the hopes that others are interested in the particular airframe in testing.  I do not share, to engender this sort of discussion.  I hope I am clear enough to not imply any release time frame in my prose...

Best- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Indeed, the more time it spends in beta means the fewer bugs we have to deal with. Anyways, I am most excited for the JS41, I never bought it for FSX but I am keen to try my hand at flying her!

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

Indeed, the more time it spends in beta means the fewer bugs we have to deal with. Anyways, I am most excited for the JS41, I never bought it for FSX but I am keen to try my hand at flying her!

It was great I spent all my time in it.

8 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

It was great I spent all my time in it.

I’ve heard that from a lot of people, makes me even more excited to try it out!

• Upvote 1

End of 2015 was the last time I flew it so I'm happy PMDG revisited it!. I switched to P3D when V3 came out but the JS41 was the only thing I flew in FSX. It has a good blend of manual/automated systems. No other regional prop on the market then or now comes close to its detail.

QW made a promise „787 in summer“ and was bashed on Facebook as they were late for 3 days or so. They finally released it and people bashed because of bugs.

aerosoft is giving exact release dates, never makes it to that point and always gets insulted... always.

FSLabs and PMDG don‘t say anything but post teasers and sometimes an update, keep getting asked when it will be released and keep on answering, it‘s going to be released when it‘s ready. They get bashed and insulted fir that. Then they say „it‘ll be out soon“, they again get bashed. 

So... why is the A2A forum to my knowledge the only place were nobody gives a date but some teasers, everyone has fun and nobody becomes rude? 

:blink:

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

So... why is the A2A forum to my knowledge the only place were nobody gives a date but some teasers, everyone has fun and nobody becomes rude? 

Niche within a niche, perhaps? I'm not sure, as I don't have any hard data to back that guess up.

There are likely other dynamics at play, too. Community size, the intended audience, the cohort of that audience, and so on. I wouldn't really be able to draw too many comparisons between the audiences. Yes, there is overlap (to include myself), but I'd argue that the audiences have very different approaches to the sim, and therefore their forum and others in that cohort.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers