Sign in to follow this  
Otterpilit

P3D Traffic Add ON

From

8 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I have MT6 and am quite happy with it. Could you expand a bit about why you like UTL better?

Thanx,

Vic

Just now, sfgiants13 said:

I'm curious as well.  MT6 works pretty well but seems to have a big large of a performance hit than I would like.  I hear that UT performs a little better but I'm wondering if there are other features that would justify switching over (or waiting for a sale if they have it).

I only own UTL but, from what I have seen by helping some of my freeware users that own MT6a (whom have send me some pictures of their AI planes), the AI models are much more nicer under UTL, quality, LODs, etc.

Just my 2 cents, perhaps someone that owns both products could produce a side by side pictures of the AI models so people can appreciate the differences?

Best Regards,
Simbol

I'll give you my biased, long term perspective. I started out with WOAI in FSX and when Traffic 360 came out I switched because WOAI was just way too labor intensive. When I switched to P3d, Traffic 360 was  very buggy so I bought My Traffic 6. That lasted me until recently.

Despite what some AI traffic "purists" constantly rant, the MyT 6 models are good enough IMO for the average flight sim user. MyT 6 has up to date liveries and populates the world's airports. It also is the only payware add-on that updates 1000s of airports with the proper parking spots. MyT 6 is also the only payware add-on that provides airline, GA, military and cargo AI traffic.

I then bought the UT Live beta. It too is pretty much maintenance free. It shares some models licensed from MyT 6. The bulk of the airliner models are the old AI Aardvark freeware models with 1024 texture sheets.  It does not have military and cargo AI. It is basically equivalent to World Traffic 3 for XP11 (which I also have) and would be the app of choice for P3d. Unfortunately, UTL is still in beta and there are still bugs that show up for some users. There are a few  liveries that exist in the real world and are not in the present beta. The UTL configuration utility allows one to replace models and liveries but then the maintenance increases and that defeats the purpose of a "turn key" AI traffic app.

The leaves my present choice which is to spend a few weeks setting up AIG models and flight plans. This is definitely not for the average user but the FAIB and FSPX models and liveries are the most accurate.

Hello vgbaron

with this topic, I try UTL myself, besore...I was working with traffic 360...

Most olders traffics-softs have aircrafts no compatibles p3dv4 and crashed when old ai aircrafts (created fs2004) are started.... In v4

It's, I think, the first one who make a version for v4 ( future standard in replacement of fsx...).

Except some ones, most of ai-aircrafts of UTL are very well done.

What is a good idea in UtL is the pannel for departures and arrivals, so you know what happens with the ai-aircrafts moving on the airport where you are...near real schedules.

Less is... that UTL take a few minutes to make self-schelduling and placement of aircrafts on your airport.

Best one ? No don't think so but in v4 is well... 

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The leaves my present choice which is to spend a few weeks setting up AIG models and flight plans.

Personnaly...no time to spend to do as jabloomf1230 ;-)) good luck...

I feel that this UTL solft is a temporaly version to wait a better solution in v4 with actualised flags and high quality ai-aircrafts. The invest of devellopers of a real new ai-software seem to be reported for later...

UTL developer is having some sort of "personal" issues again. This sucks and I can't see how this thing ever becomes a stable version with Power Pack and all. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

6 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

UTL developer is having some sort of "personal" issues again. This sucks and I can't see how this thing ever becomes a stable version with Power Pack and all. 

Sorry, but what do you mean?  Is there something posted about this, and might you have a link?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

There's an update post in their product support forum.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

4 hours ago, ms2 said:

Personnaly...no time to spend to do as jabloomf1230 ;-)) good luck...

I feel that this UTL solft is a temporaly version to wait a better solution in v4 with actualised flags and high quality ai-aircrafts. The invest of devellopers of a real new ai-software seem to be reported for later...

No luck needed. I did this a few months ago and I can update to either Winter 2017-2018 or Summer 2018 schedules as AIGs army of volunteers releases them. But like I said, this approach is definitely NOT for the faint of heart. That's why I recommended UTL in my previous post.

On 10/4/2017 at 5:26 AM, simbol said:

Another advantage of UTL is that it injects traffic so there are not BGL files to be read during the launch of the sim which increases a lot the speeds to load Prepar3d.

That's more of an old myth than anything. BGL traffic increases the launch times of the sim by only minimal amounts. I've got over 1700 traffic bgl's in my sim and the difference is approx 2 seconds. 

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

"The developer had some health issues that kept him away from the computer for some weeks as well as some major life changes as well.  Although these issues have curtailed the development cycle as originally planned, the developer has been working on the product when time has allowed and it has not been abandoned."

7 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I can update to either Winter 2017-2018 or Summer 2018 schedules as AIGs army of volunteers releases them.

Whoao, very interresting, deal you those schedules, and if not secret, how do you process ;-)

great

11 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Sorry, but what do you mean?  Is there something posted about this, and might you have a link?

Yes, but Flight1 made it clear that the developer is still around and working with the problems reported by licensed users.

They just explained why it has been such a delay, as stated it is due to personal reasons for the developer.

The link is inside the licensed forum so unless you are you would be unable to see it.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

This is the way it is with Flight Sim software.  People don't know it, but almost every single product in flight sim hinges on just one person.  In fact, the only products I know of that don't are the Aerosoft Airbus line.  That's it.  Maybe REX and HiFi, but that's a maybe.  But I'm hard pressed to think of another one.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

23 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I have MT6 and am quite happy with it. Could you expand a bit about why you like UTL better?

Thanx,

Vic

Main reasons for my switchover, Vic (similar to those above) were the quality of the models, the performance, and that the AI lights are visible and could be modified by the AI Lights Reborn package (this was a big immersion killer for me with MT6). Another thing I appreciate is that AI don't perform a high AoA takeoff like with MT6. Also, UTL is in relatively more active development than MT6 (as Burkhard has taken a leave of absence)...

And to confirm, UTL does include cargo I believe, just not military. 

ok, sounds like I should give it a try.

Thanx all.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors