Otterpilit

P3D Traffic Add ON

Is there a Traffic Add-on for P3D V4, than one can just install without having to do a lot of tweaks?  I am not that computer savvy when it comes to the real technical stuff.  Would like to have a good add on that I can just install and use.

Thank you

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

2 hours ago, Otterpilit said:

Is there a Traffic Add-on for P3D V4, than one can just install without having to do a lot of tweaks?  I am not that computer savvy when it comes to the real technical stuff.  Would like to have a good add on that I can just install and use.

Thank you

+4

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

+4

+5 I have UTL, be aware the AI lights on PD3V4 are not great, you can use my freeware to correct the issue.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, simbol said:

+5 I have UTL, be aware the AI lights on PD3V4 are not great, you can use my freeware to correct the issue.

Simbol 

+1

38 minutes ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Another +1 for UTL.  Crank the traffic up to 100% then try and depart from Heathrow!! :D

:blink: of course that would not cause any problems with go-arrounds, queues at the runways, etc, etc. as the ATC system is perfect! :biggrin::biggrin:

S.

• Upvote 1

Plus i have tested several traffic addons and UTLive has the least frame rate impact and does not cause major stutters when new traffic is injected

2 hours ago, Samidx1 said:

. . . UTLive has the least frame rate impact and does not cause major stutters when new traffic is injected

Definately true.

• Upvote 1

What about JustFlight's new traffic addon that they are developing? Looks pretty good if you ask me.

2 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

What about JustFlight's new traffic addon that they are developing? Looks pretty good if you ask me.

Yes but still under development, the OP wants something now.

Another advantage of UTL is that it injects traffic so there are not BGL files to be read during the launch of the sim which increases a lot the speeds to load Prepar3d.

Best Regards 

Simbol

• Upvote 2

Borrowing this thread, how do I link the traffic model for use of IVAO network? There seems to be discussion but it looks like IVAO just don't allow any solution for the users. Do I have to live with the bugged IVAO MTL until IVAO find their solution? Or is there another way to use other AI model for IVAO? Cheers!

Cedric

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

Not to me. Although the planes are not that ridiculously looking as in MT6, they still are far away from what UT offers or what you can achieve using freeware models from FAIB, UTT, FSPXAI etc.

BTW: does UTLive still use only a single engine variant? This was a little bit annoying for UT2...

4 minutes ago, AnkH said:

BTW: does UTLive still use only a single engine variant? This was a little bit annoying for UT2...

Not sure if I understand, I see models with more than one engine, and all of them are reverse trust animated.

If you give me more specific info I can check this for you later tonight when I get home.

Regards 

Simbol 

In UT2, all models came only with a single engine variant. Example: all A330 models used the RR engine variant. No GE and no PW model. Same was true for the 747 (no RR, no GE, only PW), 767 (no RR), 757 (no RR) and A32x (no IAE).

Could this be the game changer: www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global  ?

5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

In UT2, all models came only with a single engine variant. Example: all A330 models used the RR engine variant. No GE and no PW model. Same was true for the 747 (no RR, no GE, only PW), 767 (no RR), 757 (no RR) and A32x (no IAE).

Got you, I will see what I can find.

Simbol 

Will UTL work with P3Dv4.1 when it's released or it will be another round of beta testing?.

Cheers, Ed

6 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Will UTL work with P3Dv4.1 when it's released or it will be another round of beta testing?.

Cheers, Ed

This is impossible to know, I am hoping that my current AI lights freeware would be unaffected.

My only option is to wait for the release to see the results and there are lots of developers in the same position as me.

Simbol 

Just installed UTL in p3dv4,...  After deinstalling first traffic 360

Yes now I have beautifull ai aircrafts on parkings but none traffic on taxiways runways and in the sky...

I miss perhaps a point of the installation

• 0n p3dv4 start... the client coming well active
  • in the menu above I have the shortcuts.
  • The traffic is set on 100 in the sim and in the setup programm of UTL, and have saved this setting.
  • in document/p3dv4 addons, there is a xml well pointed to the sim folder and the client ( I don't change mine Exe.xml and simobjects.cfg because is normaly done by this xml in the documents folder)

A little help is very welcome... 

35 minutes ago, ms2 said:

Just installed UTL in p3dv4,...  After deinstalling first traffic 360

Yes now I have beautifull ai aircrafts on parkings but none traffic on taxiways runways and in the sky...

I miss perhaps a point of the installation

• 0n p3dv4 start... the client coming well active
  • in the menu above I have the shortcuts.
  • The traffic is set on 100 in the sim and in the setup programm of UTL, and have saved this setting.
  • in document/p3dv4 addons, there is a xml well pointed to the sim folder and the client ( I don't change mine Exe.xml and simobjects.cfg because is normaly done by this xml in the documents folder)

A little help is very welcome... 

Ok, first set your AI traffic to zero inside the sim.

Second check that UTLclient.exe is running on task manager.

Third check the UTL settings, there is one tab that shows FPS traffic limiter, etc. Put zero FPS to force the client to fill your traffic to max for testing.

Finally load a busy airport, EHAM or EDDF. Note it takes a couple of minutes for traffic to get active, this is normal as it is one of the features of UTL which is randomising traffic delays, arrivals, etc.

Use time acceleration x4 for a while and you should see AI moving around.

Don't forget to get my freeware to improve the AI lights.

Let me know how it goes.

Simbol 

• Upvote 1