787WannabePilot

Florida scenery question (Seasons)

Recommended Posts

Is it possible to keep Florida (and other southern states) the same season year round? Flying right now into and out of Florida show the leaves changing colors.  However, that obviously isn't Florida. :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can think of one way....create a new default flight and I am assuming you do most of your flights

in Florida?  Pick your aircraft and your departing airport, your starting spot, gate, ramp, etc, chose

how you want your weather, fixed or updates every 15 minutes, and then choose your season.  Once

you are happy put a check in the "Save as Default" and hit SAVE!  If you fly your default flight every

time you will have the season you want.

Extra credit question: Who remembers Princess Summerfallwinterspring?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 787WannabePilot said:

Is it possible to keep Florida (and other southern states) the same season year round? Flying right now into and out of Florida show the leaves changing colors.  However, that obviously isn't Florida. :biggrin:

Florida only has two seasons--hot and drop-dead hot 😣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 787WannabePilot said:

Is it possible to keep Florida (and other southern states) the same season year round? Flying right now into and out of Florida show the leaves changing colors.  However, that obviously isn't Florida. :biggrin:

You could always buy Mega Scenery photoreal scenery for Florida and it will be the same all year round. The only caveat is that you will have no autogen trees or buildings, but you'll be able to see your house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

You could always buy Mega Scenery photoreal scenery for Florida and it will be the same all year round. The only caveat is that you will have no autogen trees or buildings, but you'll be able to see your house.

Wish I lived in Florida. ;)

I sent a PM to a guy who did fix it a few years ago. Hasn't gotten back to yet though.

I tried looking into doing it myself, but meshing isn't my thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 787WannabePilot said:

I tried looking into doing it myself, but meshing isn't my thing.

What is meshing? Not sure I understand. Photoscenery is different than mesh of that is what you were referring to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

What is meshing? Not sure I understand. Photoscenery is different than mesh of that is what you were referring to.

Not photoscenery.

What I am trying to do is change the season in Florida, where there is no autumn / winter transformation. It is just summer throughout the year.

I can't seem to figure out the method to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 787WannabePilot said:

Not photoscenery.

What I am trying to do is change the season in Florida, where there is no autumn / winter transformation. It is just summer throughout the year.

I can't seem to figure out the method to do so.

So....you didn't believe what I told you?  Have you tried setting up your default flight with the summer season selected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, charliearon said:

So....you didn't believe what I told you?  Have you tried setting up your default flight with the summer season selected?

I know that would do the trick,  but when i fly up north its not winter. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 787WannabePilot said:

I know that would do the trick,  but when i fly up north its not winter. :)

OK, limiting it to strictly Florida and nowhere else is the problem.  Only thing I can think of is to choose

the summer season at the start of every Florida flight and as long as you land in Florida also, it stays

summer.  Possibly spending some money on Florida photoreal scenery would

also work.  Photoreal scenery doesn't change with the seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, charliearon said:

OK, limiting it to strictly Florida and nowhere else is the problem.  Only thing I can think of is to choose

the summer season at the start of every Florida flight and as long as you land in Florida also, it stays

summer.  Possibly spending some money on Florida photoreal scenery would

also work.  Photoreal scenery doesn't change with the seasons.

Yup.

I don't know why photoreal scenery keeps getting brought up though.  I am not looking for photoreal scenery, just trying to change the FSX default seasons setting so Florida is only one season year round. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 787WannabePilot said:

Yup.

I don't know why photoreal scenery keeps getting brought up though.  I am not looking for photoreal scenery, just trying to change the FSX default seasons setting so Florida is only one season year round. :)

Photoscenery keeps getting mentioned because it won't change seasonal textures and would be the easiest way to accomplish what your trying to do. There are some threads over at FSDeveloper on this subject but it looks like it would be a fair amount of work to try to change the landclass data to reflect the results your looking for. You might want to browse the threads on that site regarding the seasons and see if you want to undertake the work required to do so. 

One thing about flight sims is that they are never perfect and it can drive you crazy if you let it when it comes to certain little things like this. You can spend a bunch of time trying to fix these little inaccuracies or just try to ignore it and live with it. Unfortunately not everything is perfect it FSX and I've come to just ignore some of the things that would be very difficult to change or fix myself and just try to enjoy it as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Photoscenery keeps getting mentioned because it won't change seasonal textures and would be the easiest way to accomplish what your trying to do. There are some threads over at FSDeveloper on this subject but it looks like it would be a fair amount of work to try to change the landclass data to reflect the results your looking for. You might want to browse the threads on that site regarding the seasons and see if you want to undertake the work required to do so. 

One thing about flight sims is that they are never perfect and it can drive you crazy if you let it when it comes to certain little things like this. You can spend a bunch of time trying to fix these little inaccuracies or just try to ignore it and live with it. Unfortunately not everything is perfect it FSX and I've come to just ignore some of the things that would be very difficult to change or fix myself and just try to enjoy it as it is.

I will check out the place, thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I want to change the season, I'll change it while I'm setting up the flight.  I have to change the time to the proper time as it is always wrong so might as well change the season while I'm on the setup screen.  I can also change it during the flight under the World Menu tab (I think that's the tab).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 787WannabePilot said:

Yup.

I don't know why photoreal scenery keeps getting brought up though.  I am not looking for photoreal scenery, just trying to change the FSX default seasons setting so Florida is only one season year round. :)

I do not think that is possible without turning off the stock FSX autogen and scenery files, which is what photoscenery does.  FSX was not coded to compensate for the lack of color change and leaf drop in subtropical climates, such as Florida, during autumn and winter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.