Recommended Posts

I am not happy with the sun of the P3D. I tried to resize it and the result was a little better. But still the sun just don´t look realistic, it is like a pale disc in the sky. I installed the simple sun mod from the library but it didn´t make much difference.

Any suggestions? How can I get a more realistic sun? (The bright and yellow like it should be!)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

there are various sun mods around. One is by Envtex. I also believe PTA can do same. The REX products also have that capability.

 

Vic

Share this post


Link to post

Also Reshade (which is freeware) can implement lighting effects that would give you proper glares when you stare at the Sun giving you a better immersion experience.

Regards,
Simbol

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Killieboy64 said:

I live in Scotland. What exactly is this 'sun' thing?

It’s pointless showing you as unless you move south you will never see it :biggrin:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Killieboy64 said:

I live in Scotland. What exactly is this 'sun' thing?

It's either, A. a very poor daily newspaper read by people - and I mean 'read' in the loosest of terms - with an average reading age of 13 years old, or (if you are one of those flat earth nut jobs) B. it's a small bright disk approximately 3,000 miles above us which never sets below the edges of the flat Earth's gigantic ice wall which stops the sea from falling off, but instead rotates around our flat disk Earth shining down like a magic spotlight (and no, I'm not joking, there are people who actually believe that, despite the fact that airliners just 7 miles above us are quite obviously lit from below at dawn and dusk - mentioning that to them will annoy them incidentally).

Or, if you prefer, C. it is a big ball of glowing hot gases which is 93 million miles away from the Earth, but approximately 7,000 times that distance away from Scotland owing to a weird anomaly in the space-time continuum. This makes it invisible to the naked eye in Glasgow, or at least that is what it felt like on Monday when I was there.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎6‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 7:35 PM, vgbaron said:

there are various sun mods around. One is by Envtex. I also believe PTA can do same. The REX products also have that capability.

 

Vic

I purchased ENVTEX. The sun is much better now. Not bright enought to be highly realistic but much better. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/6/2017 at 11:56 AM, Chock said:

It's either, A. a very poor daily newspaper read by people - and I mean 'read' in the loosest of terms - with an average reading age of 13 years old, or (if you are one of those flat earth nut jobs) B. it's a small bright disk approximately 3,000 miles above us which never sets below the edges of the flat Earth's gigantic ice wall which stops the sea from falling off, but instead rotates around our flat disk Earth shining down like a magic spotlight (and no, I'm not joking, there are people who actually believe that, despite the fact that airliners just 7 miles above us are quite obviously lit from below at dawn and dusk - mentioning that to them will annoy them incidentally).

Or, if you prefer, C. it is a big ball of glowing hot gases which is 93 million miles away from the Earth, but approximately 7,000 times that distance away from Scotland owing to a weird anomaly in the space-time continuum. This makes it invisible to the naked eye in Glasgow, or at least that is what it felt like on Monday when I was there.

Definitely better to forget the first one, absolute rag ran by a lowlife.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now