MattDavies

PTA for P3D v4.1 - Release Schedule & New Features

Hi all,

With P3D v4.1 releasing tomorrow, naturally there will be a new version of PTA to support this.

At the same time, we're also rolling out some new features (these will be backwards compatible to version 4.0).

• - No popcorn tweak has been completely rewritten. The old algorithm which worked in v3 doesn't render correctly in v4 resulting in grey clouds within a close proximity to your viewpoint
  • - Alternate tone map tweak has been improved - this basically stops clouds from being too bright when you have bloom set using HDR
  • - Separate lighting adjustments for aircraft externally and internally - now you can adjust the lights for the VC separately to the external model
  • - Added an adjustable parameter to reduce cloud brightness at varying stages of the 24hr day cycle (dawn/day/dusk/night)
  • - Added a new tweak which allows separate adjustment of HDR bloom during the 24hr day cycle (dawn/day/dusk/night)

This will be available over the next few days hopefully - keep your eyes peeled for when it's released.

If you have any questions, you can reply to this topic.

Cheers,

Matt.

• Upvote 11

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks Matt.

Great enhancements.  Will this come with a new UI or will that remain the same.

Wow - thanks, Matt! A veritable treasure trove of features!!!! I can't wait to try them out!

Just when I thought I'd finished tweaking my tweaks!

Adam.

Excellent, Matt! This almost makes up for your absence on your super-entertaining youtube videos.

22 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Excellent, Matt! This almost makes up for your absence on your super-entertaining youtube videos.

I can't be in 6 places at once :D

49 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Thanks Matt.

Great enhancements.  Will this come with a new UI or will that remain the same.

Not yet, it will eventually be integrated into Simstall which will give it a new UI.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

I can't be in 6 places at once :D

Matt, this was not meant to be a negative comment. Just to express that youtube needs more videos like yours.

Hi Matt . 

Will we still be able to use one custom ini's on the new version?

like thopat's?

Great news Matt.

Will V2.52 presets look the same or do we need to adjust some settings first to get the same look in V4.1 ?

regards, Gerard

They will work, but chances are with the new features people will be updating them to utilise the new tweaks :)

Thx! I will wait with P3Dv4.1 update till the new PTA version will be released :).

Just a quick note for the impatient people like me ...

Unless I'm doing something wrong, it doesn't look like the current/old PTA 2.52 will work with P3Dv4.1. I did the usual stuff: restored the original shaders, updated the P3D client etc. No joy - PTA reports "unsupported version".

So ... looks like we'll just need to wait patiently for Matt to release/announce the new version ;-)

Adam.

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

yup

PTA version : 2.52
Prepar3D main directory: <F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\>
Target Prepar3D version: <UNSUPPORTED 4.1.7 build 22841>
Prepar3D main config file: <C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg>
Shaders cache directory: <C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\>
Shaders backup directory: <F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SHADERS_BACKUP\>

Preset F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\MattDavies_v1.1.ini loaded
ERROR: You use unsupported version of Prepar3D!
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
Outdated file F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx deleted from backup
Outdated file F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx deleted from backup
Outdated file F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx deleted from backup
Outdated file F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh deleted from backup
Outdated file F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fxh deleted from backup
ERROR: shader file F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

In the first post Matt stated that there will be a new version that supports V 4.1.

So no need to try with V 2.52 as it is not compatible...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GSalden said:

In the first post Matt stated that there will be a new version that supports V 4.1.

So no need to try with V 2.52 as it is not compatible...

Yeah I know, LOL ... but I was hoping against hope that it might just work - albeit in less than 100% functional capacity. I thought there'd be no harm trying and posted the result here in case people panicked!

I'm disappointed to see LM have yet to sort the dreaded "blobby" clouds issue [sigh] ... so I'm kind of dependent on PTA to sort them.

Adam.

LM has fixed a lot that most "normal" flightsim pilots like us don't use. Luckily we have PTA.

I just checked and it still says PTA 2.52...  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GSalden said:

LM has fixed a lot that most "normal" flightsim pilots like us don't use. Luckily we have PTA.

Gerald your so right, The current P3d4.1 isn't the same without PTA, very washed out.

Cant wait.

BJ

I just caught myself repeatingly pressing F5 in my account on simtweaks.com :laugh:
Still nothing, though... :sad:

Just kiddin', Matt! Take your time... 

1 hour ago, MattDavies said:

Patience guys :D

Seriously? You should be aware that this word has no meaning in the flightsim community ;-)