Sign in to follow this  
odourboy

FSLabs A320 or upcoming AS A320 for v4?

9 hours ago, 238932 said:

FSLabs is teh way to go. Igot bored pretty quick with the aerosoft one because you can't do anything than go from A to B. the sounds are very poor and I didn't like the look of the cockpit.

When they resort to  FO coughing and a coffee cup to entertain you during your flight is says a lot on the level of excitement this plane brings.

they claim you get 2 planes for the price of one but really its just the same plane with a different exterior model. fslabs model every little difference in system andhandling.

the fslabs will surpise you every flight, any mistake you will pay and the immersion brought from the texturing and sound environement in unmatched in flightsim today, even by pmdg.

As said above performance are good. I only had 5 fps less in the fslabs compared to aerosoft. those 5 fps are not worth what you loose in system depth and imersion with aerosoft.

Yes it is a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. Since its release last year i've flown th fslabs so many hours that it basically paid for itself.

Wow, you made money while you fly this a./c. You said it paid for itself. And you say the sounds are poor, and the cockpit look is poor. Ahahaha. Get off those drugs, dude.

5 hours ago, Chock said:

You are aware that Lefteris Kalamaras - the main guy behind FSL - worked for PMDG for eight years as their Technical Director and Lead Developer aren't you? He worked on their NG and their 747 amongst other things. He is one of the founders of Vatsim and was voted as Microsoft's Most Valued Professional three years on the trot, and one of those awards was won when he was at PMDG making their stuff, so quite a lot of their reputation in making decent Boeing sims is down to him. FSL are hardly new kids on the block and with a track record like that it is no great surprise that their A320 is as good as everyone says it is, and as anyone who has it will confirm, their Concorde is too.

Ahahaha. Ouch,, that got to hurt.

2 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Ahahaha. Ouch,, that got to hurt.

Well to be fair it's no bad thing, I should imagine most of us have done similar stuff in some way shape or form. Let's say you organised a brilliant filing system for an office you worked at, where everyone was always remarking on how efficient it was, and then you left that job. Your old workplace would continue to benefit from your contribution long after you'd gone. It'd be the place you work at now which would benefit from anything new you came up with, but your old place might then expect people it subsequently employed to be similarly innovative and actively seek people of that kind, and if it did have a reputation for great efficiency, presumably decent workers would be attracted to it as a good place of employment. So it's a win for everyone.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Personally since I already own the Aerosoft Airbus I will wait for their update before deciding, regarding the sounds I bought a package from Blue Sky Star simulations and it worked beautifully with the AS they were very realistic, they also have a sound package for the FSL Airbus, I would imagine is as good as the one for AS so you should check it out.

Regards,
Simbol

1 hour ago, simbol said:

regarding the sounds I bought a package from Blue Sky Star simulations and it worked beautifully with the AS they were very realistic, they also have a sound package for the FSL Airbus

We're getting several reports from their customers that a lot of the files BSS included are identical to Flight Sim Labs audio files and others that are "tweaked" sound files (from our original sources). Maybe that's why you like them so much :happy:

We will communicate these findings to Blue Sky in an effort to see if it's a genuine mistake on their part...

• Upvote 3

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

1 minute ago, MachTwo said:

We're getting several reports from their customers that a lot of the files they included are identical to Flight Sim Labs audio files and others that are "tweaked" sound files (from our original sources). Maybe that's why you like them so much :happy:

We will communicate these findings to Blue Sky in an effort to see if it's a genuine mistake on their part...

Do you mean for the Aerosoft A320 package Sounds? if that is the case, omg.. :blink:

Regards,

Simbol

Edited by simbol
missing word

No Simbol, I was referring to some of the material being redistributed in the BSS package. Sorry if that wasn't clear - I've since amended my post.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

3 minutes ago, MachTwo said:

No Simbol, I was referring to some of the material being redistributed in the BSS package. Sorry if that wasn't clear - I've since amended my post.

Thanks for clarifying, I bought the BSS package for Aerosoft A320 CFM and IAF, are you saying you had reports they used your sounds also for the Aerosoft BSS package or just for the FSL?

Best Regards,

Simbol

Aerosoft was 'ok' until FSL released their version. I'm pretty curious about what they're gonna come up with now. I won't purchase their A320 series again, but the A330 i will, definitely.

Most people only talk about the failures when comparing both airbuses, but there's a whole lot of different stuff between the two. By taking off with both models alone (AS & FSL) you immediately see and feel what's good and what's not. One takes you into the cockpit of the actual 320 right away while the other falls short for quite a bit.

• Upvote 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I'd say both fall short of any real experience flying the A320...

Both too plastic, IMO, with actually from what I recall, the Aerosoft version having more feel, based on my experience in the full flightsim...

But it's been a long time since I uninstalled the Aerosoft Airbus X, so... 

I still don't like the way the inertia is modelled in this FSLabs Airbus. The pitch changes are abrupt, stop instantly, same applying to roll... 

Asymmetric thrust scenarios also feel way too plastic for my liking, TBH, but I agree it is presently the most sophisticated Airbus in terms of systems simulation, for PC-based simulation games...

And, BTW, physics / feel-wise, I really liked the A320 in AEFS2 - was at least closer to my experience in the full sim, and in some jumpseat rides...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 hours ago, J van E said:

I am waiting for the AS Airbus even though I know the FSLabs one is superior in many ways. But the AS Airbus simply suits my style of simming better. All the extra's the FSLabs Airbus brings are totally wasted on me. And I own the previous AS version so it won't cost me too much, which also is nice.

J you fly nothing put the A2A 

Why?

Do you do a full walk around every pre flight?

Do you foul the plugs when starting it to make it not normal?

Is it because you put it in a spin every flight?

Do you put it in a Stall every flight?

Do you turn the engines off mid flight because you know it will handle the right way?

Do you like that things can go wrong over time so you know it's like a real one?

Because if you don't like or do the things above then all them extra's are totally wasted on you? 

You might as well fly an Alabeo as it's much cheaper right!

Or

Is it because the A2A is the best GA you can buy and unlike all the toys out there it makes you feel it's as close to being in a real one as you can get.

Or is because It feels right, it feels alive, make you feel everything you do as a meaning and a consequence if done wrong.

Thats what makes the A2A so great not its failures, its the way it does everything so well and life like. 

You dont need to do walk around every flight to enjoy it nor spins/ stalls or anything else because its so good at doing what its made to do, 

Simulating the aircraft.

Thats why the FSL is worth every penny just like your A2A is. Do you question the price of the A2A?

BTW it's not "superior in many ways" it's superior in every way.

.:happy: (Just trying to make a point, not having a go at you J :cool: )

• Upvote 5

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I love the FSL - it is 'next level' for complex airliner simming.   But as good as it is, it doesn't make me value or appreciate the AS A320s any less.  I think they are still great airbuses for the relatively low cost.  They give some things that I miss in the FSL (such as the more comprehensive F/O simulation, who doesn't just consist of sound files - he/she interacts with the aircraft, and can configure the a/c for you.  

I doubt I'll fly the AS A320 any more, now I have the FSL in P3D 4.1 as the fidelity is considerably higher.  But the cost is a factor for some.  The AS A320s are still very capable and enjoyable.

• Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I agree with David. I have (so far) only used a tiny fraction of the systems depth of the PMDG 737 NGX and 747-400, but I purchased them because they are recognised as the best simulations of the 737 and 747 in all departments (3D model/VC quality/sounds/flight dynamics etc). Having used them quite a bit, I can believe that :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I got the ASlabs 320 on release day having never flown the previous one. Don't get me wrong its good, but I'll probably never get my moneys worth in terms of getting the most out it as I doubt I'll delve very deep into all the extra systems depth. It's all about what you want/expect to get from it

And unless it's just me, the manual's for it aren't great. A tutorial, instillation guide and a QRH. Compared with the 1000 page system manual you get with PMDG.

I've also had a few little niggles while flying it. sometimes if my sim loads new textures and freezes for anything more than a second the autopilot will disconnect when it resumes.

Also, flying into storms seems highly exaggerated in my opinion. I know its not advised to fly into bad weather but if its unavoidable I doubt its like flying into hurricane Katrina every time. My aircraft will all off a sudden be doing 9000FPM and over speeding, the autopilot seems powerless to do anything about it and will disconnect,  when all it requires is powering the throttles back and leveling out. 

If your really into your systems and want the most realistic experience from that point of view, its a good buy. In hindsight for me personally I would probably wait for aerosort version for what I'll use it for and save a few £.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Thats why the FSL is worth every penny just like your A2A is. Do you question the price of the A2A?

BTW it's not "superior in many ways" it's superior in every way.

.:happy: (Just trying to make a point, not having a go at you J :cool: )

:laugh: I get what you're saying, David. However, the thing is: to me flying GA or airliners are two completely different 'games'.  I have totally different priorities when I fly GA than when I fly an airliner. And for me the AS Airbus offers what I want while the FSLabs lacks (yes, seriously) things I want. So in that case the choice is easy, specially when you add the price difference to it. :happy:

If my priorities change I'll be sure to get the FSLabs Airbus!